Newbie in need of help with Link Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me cause I'm afraid, very afraid.

My story from the beginning.

A good few years ago (1997) had a few debts, which included Abbey and was promptly defaulted on an account in June 2001. All debts had been settled (so I thought) and I am a home owner (about three years) with no arrears.

About four weeks ago got a letter from Link financial saying that they now owned my debt of £1600 which they had bought off Abbey in January 2007. Called them up and questioned what they were on about? Felt intimidated straight away, could not get anywhere with person I was speaking to, trying to explain that I think this debt was years old that I had no recollection of it; they were not happy. Neither I!! Sent them the Limitations Act Template.

In meantime sent letter to abbey stating above and copying other letters to them.

Three weeks ago received a call in work. How I do not know because I cannot give my number out, they said got it from previous employer?? Have not worked their for NINE YEARS (Do I have Data Protection Act grounds?). This time they were really mad because they had received the letter, told me they could not give me any information due to Data Protection Act and that I get in touch with Abbey for info. As well told me in no uncertain terms that £1500 is to be paid in full (the kind soul said they are doing me a favour letting me off with £100) by 1 June 2007. Sent them CCA Template 1 May 2007.

Got a call 3 May in work told them not to ring me in work again. The last I heard was the kindly soul apologising, telling me they will not call me at work again and that they will remove the number from their records.

Done some digging at home and last letter ever received from Abbey about account was July 2000 stating that it will now be administered by Outstanding Credit Services (Credit Control Ltd), also found payment books from 1999/2000.

Today received letter from Abbey to give them four weeks to resolve complaint but have not heard from Link Financial.

Can anyone please advise me on the next course of action? Can link send bailiffs after 1 June? Shall I make a repayment offer? Help!!

Thanks for your prompt reply Dave.

Yes, I think it is a loan. I would also like to add that they said my last payment was 2004 but I have no recollection of this being four years ago or more.

Can banks just pass a debt around to anyone they please for money?

• Haha 1

Once again thanks Dave, I am feeling a lot better after your advice and help.

I sent CCA recorded delivery with £1 payment. I can only assume they signed for it as they rang me in work next day about a letter they had received. To date I have had no acknowledgement of such.

I will look at your links.

Kind regards

Frank

Had no reply to CCA yet. Decided to check RM Track and Trace, entered ref number and following came up

1009.gif

Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.

Information on your item is not yet available online.

CCA was sent on 02/05/07, does above mean that it has not been delivered or signed for? Shall I send another CCA or just see if anything turns up.

This is driving me mad !!

Hi meg & mog,

Wiil call them as you suggest and yes I sent a £1 cheque.

As a matter of interest and hopefully of some help to me, what was the outcome when you knew your CCA letter had been signed/deleivered?

Regars

fs1

Help!

Just rang Royal Mail and they say item not yet delivered!! Told me to wait a couple of days and call back. Also, if item is lost, the 15th working day is 23rd May. This was supposed to be my default day. What shall I do now? Resend CCA tomorrow special delivery or leave it?

Just a thought when I had a call in work off LF on 3rd May they said they had received a letter, can these unscrupulous b""""""" have got it without signing for it?

• 2 weeks later...

All gone quiet on the western front (hope I am not tempting fate). Nothing! No calls no letters,nothing. Don't know whether they have received CCA (day 12 tomorrow 23rd). Sent SAR to original creditor though. What is my next move folks?

Got letter today stating following details

1. Can take up 30 days to supply me with copy of agreement and

and most recent terms and conditions

2. For me to contact them to tell them what copies of statements I

require??

3. No admin fee has been applied to my accountso £1 has been applied to

reduce my debt?

4. Account put on hold for 14 days for me to contact them.

Can anyone please help with what my next step is?

• 4 months later...

Hi all it's been a while.

I had heard nothing since May and received this last month (have been hospitalized), with covering letter to get in touch and pay o/s debt. Is it a bona fide agreement? (it was a long time ago when supposed agreement was made and not sure what one looked like then, though it may have my signature on it). Is this still debt still enforceable as I originally sent CCA request in May?

Many thanks

LF3.doc