• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Hubby's potential Insolvency / bankruptcy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good luck Red.

I wont be far behing your Husband going down the BR route. We are just getting all the paperwork and funds together and then the funds start.

Our advantage if you can call it that, is that we have no assets and only about 35k's worth of debts.

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi red

Well at least you know that you are not alone in this situation. Dont know if that helps or not really;) , no I dont mean it. There are loads of other people that are in the same situation or worse, but with the help available here and on some other sites it makes it all the more bearable.

I have now stopped paying any debts as I expect to file within the next two weeks and am just waiting for the phone to ring. Well they cant have what I have not got.

I have worked at least 80 hours a week for the last two years and made absolutely no head way with any of our debts and I just cant keep it up any longer. I have hardly seen my kids over this period of time nor the wife for that matter. No sarky comments please:lol:

I know this is a serious forum, but I just wanted to let you know that the BOS phoned again tonight.

Nothing strange there you say, well not normally no, but in this case they first told me they were from the Halifax icon_eek.gif and proceeded to ask me all my security details for my account.

What account I asked, your credit card account she says, but I dont have a credit card with you I said. Oh no she said Im sorry its the Bank of Scotland not the Halifax, can I take your security details again.

Most certainly not I replied, as I dont know who you are you could be anybody after personal information and Im not prepared to divulge that to any tom dick of harry that happens to call. But it really is the BOS she replied.

Well I dont know that do I, you could be anyone, then said my goodbyes and put the phone down.

My wife wondered why I was chuckling when I came off of the phone.

Well it cheered me up today at least icon_lol.gif

Apparently the Halifax have been calling a lot lately icon_biggrin.gif

Let us know how you get on will you red.

You may not even have to meet the receiver, it could all be done over the phone.

Take a look here, as this site is geared up for our sort of situation.

Free Bankruptcy UK, IVA and Simple IVA, Debt Advice Forum

Take a read through the forums and you will be able to get some sort of idea what will happen after the court hearing.

I used the freephone number and chatted to one of the people there and he agreed that what we are doing was the best way out of our situation.

I'm not involved with Myvesta in any way shape or form, just found it really helpful.

Hope this is ok with the mods.

Cool, pleased for you both Red.

Must be great to be able to walk upright without all that sitting on your shoulders for a change.

Geoff

• Haha 1

Glad that you are having the phone interview, it seems to help a lot of people as they find it less stressing. At least at home you can light up a smoke if thats what you do or grab a coffee.

Did you get a chance to have a look at the link I posted. Doesnt matter if you didnt, just nosey thats all :) :)

It must like me I suppose :cool:

Yours are working now anyway.

I am still waiting for the cheque so that we can get started on our B/R. Spoke to Egg on Saturday and they were very calm about it all, which surprised me after what one reads on theis site. Halifax of Scotland keep calling still :D :D wish they would make up their minds who they are gonna be. And tonight Geoff we are indesisive :|

Wish this bloomin cheque would arrive.

Anyway hope all goes according to plan on Thursday and I'm sure it will.

Glad to see you laughing red.

Dont know anything about buying your old mans bit of the house , so I'll shut up on that score.

Bugger me the Banl of Halifax have just called again. Oh well they might get it right one day. Poor souls....................Not :D :D

Hi Red

If the OR does take the car, he may allow you to purchase one of lesser value, not from your funds but they will pay for it. Dont know how much they allow. You will need to emphasise the fact that it is the tool of your trade even though hubbies name is on the V5 document(log book).

Do you have to take the kids far to school, do you live in a rural area, anything that make a difference to the need of the car. You can see what Im getting at, it might make a difference.

What car do you have and whats it worth, if you dont mind me asking.

Sorry cant help with the request for funds to buy out hubbies half of the house, but the Royal Bank of Halifax seem to want all my dosh at the moment:-x 3 times they have phoned today:o

Good luck and keep well.

Hi red

Dont let things get you down, there is now a light at the end of the tunnel. It might not seem like it at the moment but it will get brighter as the weeks go by.

You have done great in getting this far and its only the nitty gritty left to go now. It will all be over very soon and you will be able to rebuild your lives once again.

We have two cars and I am wondering how the OR will see these, mind you we are both going BR so Im hoping he will treat each case on its own merit, My car is worth about 2k but needs some work doing to it to get it up to that sort of value and the wifes is worth 1k at the very most.

He may say that I dont need a car as I can use the motorbike instead. Dont fancy doing another winter on the bike, did all that when I was younger.

Will be down your way next weekend to see tha sister in law in Heathfield. So put the kettle on and I'll pop in for a cuppa :) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi red

This was one of the reasons that both myself and the wife decided to file for BR, as we have a couple of joint loans together. They must come to about 10k between them, so it wasnt practical for just myself to do it as we would still have had the loan companies coming after swmbo for the outstanding amounts.

It might be worth firing off a request for the CCA that Lloyds should have for the loan. Or hopefully not have.

Sorry to hear of this extra problem, but Im sure we can get over it.

Not too sure how you would stand with reclaiming the bank charges or how the OR would see it. He may want half of any proceeds for your hubbies half to pay off the creditors. As I say Im not to sure on this.

Anyway have a big HUG to be going on with.

Tuesdays the day. Getting a bit apprehensive now. Filling in the forms today to take with us on Tuesday. Loads of questions about what and how much you can claim for, all sorts of stuff going through my head.

What if the Judge says no, Cost a fortune for all those CCA requests ;) and SARs. Might have One of Diskmandaves cheeky vimto's tonight:)

Hi Red

Yep it all went well, the Judge was very picky over my forms:confused: she asked why I was sill paying insurance on my bike when I had sold it. So I said if you look at motor vehicles I own, you will see one listed there:rolleyes: Dont think that went down to well!!! She also picked up on a pension and asked me how much it was worth and I said I hadnt a clue, that got a dagger like look as well. Dont think she liked me much :Cry:

She was OK with the wife though.

Had a brief chat with the OR on the phone, who was very nice. She called us at home a bit later and said that we could keep both cars:D but my bike has to go:-| but someone can by the beneficial interest in it for me, so I can get to keep it.

We have to go for an interview on the 16th of this month, just to run through the SOA and expenses plus my business affairs.

All in all not a bad day, all debts gone all 40k's worth so I am a fairly happy bunny.

We can also keep our basic bank account with the Co-op and also one with the Abbey as niether were creditors.

The court forms were a nightmare to fill in though, talk about the ins and outs of a ducks bum, how many times do you have to fill in account numbers and such, take half of them away and it would save a bleedin rain forest. 20 pages of questions on both sides as well:-o

Oh well cant be a company director for a while now, do I care, err nope. My credit file was sh1te before hand so this wont make much difference to it now. Do I want another credit card, not fookin likely.

Will be able to sleep better tonight for the fist time in a long while, now wheres me Vimto and Vodka.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Red

I think that the OR will take the car if it does not have any MOT on it anyway, at least thats the way it was explained to me last week. The way they see it is that its money just sitting there.

They came and took my bike today :Cry: