Can Anyone help!

NinaS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys. This is my first post on here. I've been reading different threads on here and i'm now very confused what's going to happen.

I'm aware that the end result is normally the same i.e the banks pay up the day before the court hearing.

But it's all the in between stuff i'm confused about (and the abbreviations you have been using! LOL)

I have been using martin lewis' website to help my claim back a total of £5927:00 from Abbey from a total of three different bank accounts.

So far i have got my statements back added up all the charges sent letters back asking them for my money back, and the most recent one i sent on tuesday was saying that i won't be waiting 4 weeks for them to look into it i will be taking court action in 14 days!

So what is likely to happen next?

And can someone tell me what some of the abbreviations stand for please LOL! Thanks!

Hi NinaS,

A little bedtime reading fo you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31476-glossary-abbreviations.html

Welcome by the way:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Hi and welcome

I imagine the vast majority of us come here a little apprehensive and confused - it's only to be expected. In my very early days I got four points of advise from a site helper...

1] spend a few hours reading other peoples threads - this gave me the confidence to know that I was far from alone and my goal was achievable.

2] to write down a timeline of when I needed to do what and wherever possible stick to it.

3] be polite but impersonnal in correspondance.

4] Don't be in a rush, you will hit obstacles, but you WILL win.

So far this advise has served me very well. Hope this helps you.

Dragon

:)

Abbey

S.A.R. - March 06

Settled in full £2300 - May 07

Abbey2

RFP - 13 June 07

N1 Filed- 20 July 07

Stayed - 07 Sep 07

Capital 1

S.A.R. - 25 June 07

Statements recieved - 29 June 07

RFP (with CCI) - 10 July 07

LBA (with CCI) - 30 July 07

N1 Filed (with CCI) - 19 Sep 07

Offer recieved (8% not CCI @ 34.9%) 28 Sep 07

Defence Filed (on basis that claim settled) 02 Oct 07

Cheque recieved and banked 16 Oct 07

Thanks dragon. Yeah i read loads of threads this morning actually. The one that sticks out was by someone called lordlee. (it's also the one that confused me! LOL) It made me feel better cause i keep thinking i'm going to be the one they say "right enoughs enough" to and make an example out of me! and lordlee said the same thing and got all of his/her money back! So i'm hopeful. Lordlee also said that they made the mistake of making plans for the money which makes you more impatient! I have done the same!

Is it me or does it seem that Abbey are the worst bank to be claiming from. As well as Abbey my mum is claiming 2100 and something from Barclays and she recieved a 75% offer after the second letter!

Well i've still got a week and a bit before i have to start court proceedings so we'll see what happens!

Anyone else got any advice for me?

I'm new to all this, and after reading through loads of posts this morning i think i may have claimed wrong.

When calculating my claim, i put in interest charged while overdrawn. My argument being that the charges made me more overdrawn than i already was and so the interest was higher than it would have been. Obviously i didn't know how to calcualte it so just put ont he whole amount!

Have i messed up? Will the bank accept this or is it going to hold up my claim?

I hope not! What can i do if it is going to?

HELP LOL

Anyone else got any advice for me?

yes, stick to one thread :) :)

In answer to your question about interest..........you've not really messed things up because until you file a court claim you can amend the figures so long as you explain the changes to Abbey. Once you've filed then it costs you money to change.

As to how you calculate the amount of interest you have been overcharged as a result of the charges you've incurred..............................I don't know. Mad Nick's good on interest

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Oh thanks that's good news about being able to change the figures.

So does that mean that i can add this months £175 to the total then? Obviously once it has been taken!

You can add anything right up to the date of filing. Once you've filed your N1/MCOL then any amendment will cost £35 and can't be claimed back

Oh thanks that's good news about being able to change the figures.

So does that mean that i can add this months £175 to the total then? Obviously once it has been taken!

Nina,

If you know it's going to be taken but hasn't yet, and you want to get your N1 done then you can include this figure in it , so don't delay your file waiting for this charge to appear.

Good Luck

I couldn't be bothered go and find my other thread so i've started a new one! LOL

Anyway quick summary of story so far.

Sent letters off for bank statements in early march

Got them back added them up sent letter askign for money about three weeks later.

Got a letter back about a week later saying we are looking into it we'll get back to you in 4 weeks.

So i sent them a letter saying that wasn't good enough they have 14 days to send me a satisfactory response.

They have now. (three days after the 14 were up)

Sent me a letter saying we are still looking into it but we have a backlog and we'll get back to you in another 4 weeks! (or something to that effect)!

So anyone else had this? and what should i do now? Take them to court anyway?

Hi Nina,

I think everyone gets this response - they only appear to start taking claims properly when you file your N1 form. Nows the time to pile on the pressure I'd say...

Anyone else think so too?

Kidneybeaner:p

??

Hi NinaS

Ignore everything Abbey say about investigating your claim and taking 4 weeks.......their sole intention is to delay and frustrate you and hope you'll go away. So stick to the timetables outlined on here and you'll win...........prelim, 14 days to LBA, 14days to N1/MCOL etc:)