Delaying tactis for closed accounts

foxi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I need some advice please regarding my old closed Abbey current account. I'm claiming £400 and have sent two LBA's. Just got a letter from Abbey saying they've carried out a full investigation and they confirm that charges were applied correctly as I had insufficient funds in my account and they are unable to agree to a refund any of the charges applied and that the charges do not contravene the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 blah blah blah.

Shall I make an on-line claim now?? Has this happened to anyone else??

foxi

it standard nonsense fom abbey they will of course claim the charges are legal bt their terms and conditions

but that is the crux of the argument it is the cost in the terms and conditions that are at fault the cost as a liquidated damage should be a true cost or prestimate of what our beach would be

read a few threads from the litigation concluded section or some of the claims being carried out at the minute and you will see the response you got is no more than a standard fob off

so if it were me i would continue with the action but the choice is yours

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional