• Tweets

• It's a GR Yaris - Finance is with Alphera, who are part of BMW I believe. I'm sure the unit is very expensive to repair, I have even told them I would be happy with a refurbished/reconditioned unit, in trying to be reasonable as well.
    • Without seeing this envelope, document and sticker it is impossible to advise properly. However, just going on what you have told us, there are two ways you can deal with this: !. The easy way. This has the lowest risk but the guarantee of a penalty for speeding.  You can respond to the SJPN by pleading “Not Guilty” to both charges. In the “Reasons for pleading Not Guilty” box you can explain that you responded to the request for driver’s details but it was recently returned to you, seemingly not actioned. However, you are willing to plead guilty to the speeding charge providing, and only providing, the “Fail to Provide Driver's Details" (FtP) charge is dropped. You could also ask the court to consider sentencing you at the fixed penalty level (£100 and 3 points) as this prosecution seems to be the result of an administrative problem outside your control. 2. The not so easy way with higher risk. This could see you convicted of the FtP charge but has the possibility that you escape with no penalty whatsoever. You can do the same – plead not guilty to both charges. If you go down this route the speeding charge cannot succeed as they have no evidence you were driving. This comes from your response to the request for driver’s details which the police say they have not got. You can mention in the “Reasons” box that you returned the request for driver’s details as required. You will then face a trial for the FtP charge and you can produced your response together with the envelope and sticker showing it had been returned to you. The risk with this is that if your defence fails you will be fined a week and a half’s net income, pay a “Victim Surcharge” of 40% of the fine, pay prosecution costs of around £650 and have six points together with an endorsement code (MS90) which will see your insurance premiums rocket.
    • Probably very expensive to replace what car and model who is your finance with ?   Andy
    • Topic moved to Financial legal Issues forum in view of the claim form. Topic title updated Please continue to post here, Andy   .
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Taking Cabot to court for failing to supply HSBC CCA + Distress etc

tbern123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LMAO :D:D:D Sure would love to be in a court room when Dean Spencer attends to present this case on behalf of Cabots/ Kings Hill "who ever they say they are" - me thinks he needs another job??? :?

Tick Tock - Tick Tock - give enough ROPE and the inevitable shall happen!!

Tbern - I don't think you have reason to worry - these people clearly contradict themselves!!

• Haha 1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Mileroad - so glad you joined us - that phone conversation made me laugh - it is a tack I take myself and I absolutely love tying the sods in Knots too!! Priceless during the day to break things up!!! My teenaged son has learnt to be a dab hand at these calls too and he states to person on the other end of phone "But how do I know your not the Bogey Man?" and he hangs up laughing cause he has literally tied person on other end of phone in Knots, annoyed the living daylights out of them while doing it. Gone are the days where my teenaged sons shout "it's not for me" when phone rings so someone else has to get up and answer phone!! It's priceless fun just listening to it :D

The foot and mouth crisis did have devestating effects on many businesses - my hubby was in construction at the time and he worked for a company shifting the infected carcases etc.. - which the firm went bust due to untimely payment by our Govt and the result was we lost our income etc.. - so I fully understand how anyone can say this stuff still ripples today!! Hence our own dealings with Cabot at present over old cards that we thought were insured with PPI ha ha ha

But like Andrew has just said - keep reading here and pick up the tips to nail these parasite companies and just give them a little rope for the inevitable to happen :D

Send your CCA requests away - amazing how few of those exist!!

Ask for Deed of Assignments too.

Subject Access Requests are a good thing to do with original company cause they'll display all the charges you can claim back.

Were you mis sold PPI policies?? - room to explore there too.

Your best way of getting help here is to begin your own threads in the relevant parts of forums - this way people will be able to help you progress with specific companies etc.. and your questions won't be over looked.

Keep reading and reading as there is loads to help you here (start a folder to collect any "snippets" of info as you go - I always forget where I read stuff you can collect the link to pages or relevant postings? )

As Andrew1 says "enjoy the ride" as there is so much stuff here you can take any company on and win!! :-D:-D Don't worry just have time and patience!! You will win!!

• Haha 1

Andrew1,

I couldn't agree more with what you said - we each have a "individual" reason for being here - but we can all turn the tide on this stuff successfully!!

Like my Grandmother always said "don't get angry - get even" and we can sure do that!!

It's good you sent your papers to Hodsons and Kings Hill (lead by example??) they can't say you aren't being upfront with them can they?

I am sure this will stop these companies in their tracks!!

Looks like I will following in your foot steps too!!

Seems to me that "left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing!!"

Or being synical is it a pure case of double standards "do as I say - not as I do"

Do you know the more I read the more synical I become!! Maybe I best just sit under my desk for a while drinking coffee??

This reminds me when I was a youngster and my parents would tell me not to do something and I'd ask "WHY?" and they'd tower above me and say "cause I said so - that's why" seems the same sort of scenario to me!! (see I really need coffee??) :D

• Haha 1

TBern - maybe we should mention to Mr Maynard his Solicitors need to do the CBT (Computer Based Training) they'd have learnt to do the spell check buttons then?? :D :D :D

OR is it that the "Admin" needs a payrise in order to do that button? Still if our buddy Mr Spencer is signing his name on this stuff - he ought to check spelling etc.. before signing - so he really shines? :confused:

Would love to see the faces when that S**T HITS THE FAN!! :shock: :shock:

Definition of EXPERT = " A DRIP UNDER PRESSURE!!"

I'd be the same with this one too!! I'd be waiting for the postman to arrive everyday LOL :D I can't wait to hear what happens with this one!!

I perhaps shouldn't take the mickey out of them calling an "expert" at the end of the day everybody is good at something?

I just remembered my Grandmother always used to say " a drip under pressure" if she ever heard anyone calling themselves and expert of something (electrics, plumbers, mechanics, gardeners etc..) My Grandma was a funny lady - had and answer for everyone!!

More to the point when was such addictive fun actually legal ??

Tamadus,

Some of the info we have all found out recently is so amusing - it is addictive watching for the next "clanger" - I would never have guessed we'd have such a laugh here:)

Just like we know " what goes around - comes around " - it sure seems to be the way? And to think that at one point I thought I had problems!!

tbern,

I am right behind you on this one and will be doing an N1 next week for our claims and non compliance etc.. - they have really p'd us off to - I am not sure whether the not filing their AQ was down to incompetence - or cause they changed their minds (time will tell?) but isn't it a sheer waste of court time for them to use the court system and not be prepared with their own cases within the time scales that they set themselves?? They really do think they are above us all?

I will follow this through cause the way they've bullied and proded us is nasty like you say they push their luck. They picked on the wrong ones when they filed against us?

I hope they do get what they deserve!!

Tbern, from what I am reading it seems about 6-8 weeks for cases to get court dates - the courts seem to be getting pretty clogged up with this Bank stuff - Seems many of these Banks are abusing the court system to delay paying out etc..

I am sure that's a pattern up and down the country ? It's a shame really cause it's an already busy system that is being abused?

Tbern,

That's really good - excellent letter (hopefully enough to rattle a few cages??)

Just a minor thing I noticed you wrote "you well maintained records etc.." in a sentence - you meant to write "your well maintained records" ?? Don't want to be picky but I'd rather see you get this right :D - just spell check it again and be sure (you or you wouldn't show as a spelling mistake cause it's a word etc.. that's how it got missed)

You wil sure give them a thing or two to chew over!! :D