• Tweets

• Hi With the Section 21 Notice I do hope the Landlord issued you with: Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the Property How to Rent Guide A current Gas Safety Certificate (if gas in the Property) If above have not been provided to the Tenant by the Landlord then they can't use a Section 21 Notice until the above have been provided (note you don't warn the Landlord of this until but put it in your defence) Have a good read of this link: Evicting tenants in England: Section 21 and Section 8 notices - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Information for landlords in England on tenant eviction: assured shorthold tenancies, including eviction notices, Section 21, Section 8, accelerated possession, possession orders, bailiffs  
    • good idea take some pix and put them in a PDF read UPLOAD dx
    • thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

advice needed,on so many debt collectors after me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did I hear my name mentioned? :D

I dunno how this rumour has spread but I am not the agreement expert! :eek: I'll give my opinion though.

But first some Golden Rules:

Never communicate over the phone with any company who is chasing you for debt - only in writing and keep copies of EVERYTHING.

Always start your initial communication with 'I do not acknowledge any debt to your company', never refer to 'my' agreement or 'my' debt, always the 'alleged' debt/agreement etc.

Don't start any payment plan with a debt management company for any debt that is now in the hands of a DCA until they have proved to your satisfaction that they have a right to collect the debt and, if they now own the debt, the credit agreement to back up what they are demanding. There are many cases where a DCA acquires a debt and chases the wrong person!

Similarly, never offer repayments to a DCA until they have proved the above.

With regards to the CCA request, only the CREDITOR is obliged to comply with this. If the DCA is acting as an agent for the creditor, the request should be sent to the creditor, not the DCA. However, if the DCA have stated that they have bought the debt, then they are the 'new' creditor and the request should be made to them.

Many catalogue accounts exist where an agreement has never been signed. If this turns out to be the case, they will not be able to enforce the debt.

Right, now to the agreement.

FIRST TEST:

Does it contain all of the following:

A credit limit (or explanation as to how it is to be determined/notified to you)

An Interest Rate

Number and frequency of repayments

If any of the above are missing then it is totally unenforceable.

Has it passed this test?

Regards, Pam

• Haha 3

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Firstly, many thanks for the rep points I have received today! :)

There is much debate about whether an application form can be classes as an 'agreement' but the bottom line is that ANY document that contains ALL of the prescribed terms and the debtors signature will be potentially enforceable, depending on how many other errors there are in it.

Please check your documents VERY carefully as these terms are often in the small print. If what you have received is an application form, and if you are certain that the 'prescribed terms' (above) are not ALL present then my advice is to send them the following:

Thank you for the information you sent following my request under the CCA 1974.

However, I made a request to you on .... for a copy of the executed agreement applicable to the alleged debt. Under the CCA s77/78, you are obliged to send me a true copy of the actual credit agreement but have only sent me a copy of the initial application form.

A regulated credit agreement contains all of the prescribed terms, other required information and statements of my statutory rights.

I would therefore be obliged if you would send me a copy of that document as soon as possible.

Yours

This gives them a 2nd chance to send a 'proper' agreement (if they have one) and also lets them know that YOU know what is required. ;)

If the document is an agreement, then without all the 'prescribed terms' it is totally unenforceable and you can tell them so.

In any other case, where any required information is missing, then the agreement is just 'improperly executed' and enforceable on an order of the court only. In such cases the court will assess the prejudice caused to the debtor by the particular errors/omissions and when making any enforcement order has the discretion to change any part of it in order to compensate the debtor.

Regards, Pam

• Haha 1

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

It has indeed no credit limit, no interest rate and no payment plan:D Thanks very much for clarifying InKogneeToh!

This has obviously happened due to your sound advice and knowledge. I have seen this myself from reading around the threads. You are a valuable member to the CAG and I'm sure others will agree. Thank you for your help.8-)

I'm blushing now! :oops::oops:

But thank you for the compliment! :D

• Haha 1

they also have wrote; if we are unable to forward a copy of the original agreement, we will be able to supply a true copy of the document which will comply with section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974. :confused:

many thanks to all of you helping me it means so much!! xxx

For copies sent under a s77/78 request, the creditor may omit the signatures and your name/address (strange, but true!:confused:) so what they are saying is that they will be sending a copy of what your agreement would have looked like!

It will pass the test (for s77/78 purposes) if it is exactly the same as your agreement would have been, with the same terms etc. and the correct T&Cs for the period when your agreement is made. Any newer/older copy will not do.

Below is some text from a letter from the OFT sent to another CAGer (unfortunately I can't remember who, and I didn't save the whole letter!:():

A ‘true copy’ of an agreement principally consists of the terms and conditions of the agreement and the statutory content of the agreement. The name, address and signature of the debtor do not have to be provided. Additionally, the creditor must supply the total sum paid under the agreement by the debtor; the total sum which has become payable under the agreement but remains unpaid; and the total sum which is to become payable under the agreement by the debtor (the latter two must include the various amounts comprised in that total sum and the date when each is/was due).

However, the copy must be a copy. It need not be exact on immaterial points, but it cannot be a conjectured reconstruction. If the trader has no original copy, the trader will have difficulty showing that he has complied with the regulation by supplying a ‘true copy’, since nobody would know what was in the original. When the trader comes to enforce the debt in court, he needs to have a signed copy of the agreement in order to enforce. As the law stands currently he cannot otherwise.

Regards, Pam

hi everyone, on the letter lowell financial sent me, when they sent the copy of the application form, it does say on the letter current state of your account: defaulted, and i have 7 days to get in contact with them,.

so what im gonna do is use the letter inkogneethor wrote out (thank youxx) and post that today.

every thing im reading on here sugests it is a application form,

thank you all again for helping me xxx

Hi

Yes, send them the '2nd chance' letter - and don't add anything else to it.

If they have still not produced an enforceable agreement after the statutory time limit has expired, then you can write and insist that they remove any defaults they have entered.

I am currently dealing with Lowell myself, on behalf of my hubby and they are persistent and will keep sending threats from their other 'arm' -Hamptons solicitors. Just keep all their letters together and ignore them until (if) they come up with the agreement.

As I said earlier, the test is not whether it is an 'application form' or not - it is whether they have a document (any document) that has all of the 'prescribed' terms and your signature on.

Regards, Pam

Cant give you more reps yet pam ive to spread it around apparently!

but Pam has given me priceless advice and support, i dont know what i would have done without her and everyone else!

keep your chin up, they didnt comply, so let them know it!

Thank you Kenny!! :-)

I do what I can, but PLEASE remember I am not a lawyer and neither do I have any legal training of any sort.

If you take my advice, it is your decision, but my view is 'nothing ventured -nothing gained'! :D

Regards, Pam

• 2 weeks later...
Something fishy about Hampton Legal and Lowell Financial Ltd

On the Companies House register or the Information Commissioners Office register is there no mention that Hamton legal/Lowell Finacial ltd have anything to do with each other trading style or not they have got to be officially recorded somewhere they are linked its got me a bit puzzled.

sparkie1723

Hi

Hamptons Legal aren't a Ltd company in their own right - they are just a trading name/style of Lowell Financial, i.e. in-house solicitors of the same company. Only Ltd companies have to be registered at Companies House - a company can also have as many trading names/styles as it wants.

Regards, Pam

why is it though that lowells are saying,that the title and wording of the small print make it a credit agreement??

Hi

That's because they are hoping that you don't know otherwise!

If the document you signed does not contain all of the prescribed terms, it is unenforceable - full stop!!

Does it refer to separate T&Cs, and have they sent you these (the originals)?

Regards, Pam