• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MacBoy Vs. Halifax and Hello To the Group!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BTW, I bought a rubber stamp so that I can date stamp all the letters I have received for ALL my claims (including NOIs).

It's amazing the lapse in time for some correspndence, between the letter date and letter receipt (this is not just down to the Royal Mail)....:rolleyes:

What a BRILL idea, Wish I`d thought of that.

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

deliberately frustrating and obfuscating

Brilliant phrase Mac. Can I use this when I re-sunmit my N244 to have stay set aside? please !!!

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

Sunny Sozopol, on the Southern Black Sea Coast in Bulgaria, Til. Current Temperature - 30C and sunny! :D

Sound good to me Mac. chill out and enjoy, I got a nice Quiet break comming up in Costa Brava soon. Hope mine is all finished by then too, but I doubt it cos I am pushing with ICO as well for non compliance. I asked for all letters and original T & Cs took them 103 days to send statements , but did send enough info to proceed with claim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 4 weeks later...

Is he still Sozzled ???

booze.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Good to see you back, glad you had a great time.

I`m off on my hols soon.

a0100.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

I have just posted the link to BBC on my thread if you wish to read through it, certainly looks like a stitch up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Welcome back Mac, Good to see that at long last you are starting to get somewhere with this, will be keeping an eye on your progress. I hace been outnumbered and " got at" from all sides the last couple of weeks, so you may take some of this away from me. LOL.

you will soon be going platinum as you deserve.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Eh, whats that Stone- not from me!!:o

No, I should have made myself clear Kenny. I meant Hells Angels. they all know who I mean.!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

who you callin an old boot?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

He's probably just sneaked off to bed... exhausted :lol:

Not exhausted Mac, just keeping out the way of those loonies with the 3 pink straps. they are trying to ruin my reputation, casting aspersions, claiming illegitemate kinship and all sorts.

I think the lunatics have finaly taken over the asylum!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

1036535672_gif.gif

Well done Mac, knew you would get your platinum soon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Catch you later Tilly - don't work too hard now ;)

Tilly and hard work. no that doesn`t sound right

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Morning Mac, how are thing with you today? Beavering away as usual?

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Thanks MacBoy, I really appreciate the time you spent replying to my cry in the dark. You really shed some light on where to go and what to do. Now if you could tell me how to add an avitar graphic to my profile I may not feel the odd one out!

Seriously you lot sound like a friendly helpful lot and I shall take your advice and go and start a new thread. Do drop in when you can.

Click on "user CP " at the top of the page scroll down to "edit avatar" and there you go !!. will pop over to your thread soon. regards Stone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 2 weeks later...
thanks mac yes im going to chill out for 2 glorious weeks

relax and totaly enjoy:D

That`s my girl you go off and enjoy yourself Tils. Have a great time and come back ready to take up the fight again refreshed and ready to go again. (Sorry `bout hijacking your thread Mac, but you can never find that trotter on her own thread !!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

She is always lurking somewhere Mac.

Lurking.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Well don`t forget the paracetamol !!! you will be needing those in the mornings

drinks_drunk.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Mac,

You will get your day in court just have to wait a little longer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Ok then your forgiven. Good job overflows not here, else she'd have something to say about whips lol.

I was going to say something about that Ja-de, but you beat me to it !! :o:D:D

Glad to here you have received your checque Mac Welldone.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Thank you stoned - what a great image! :D The money's not much, as it's only costs of bringing the case, plus a small token amount of damages - but it's a moral victory and it feels good ;)

Moral victories are even better Mac, It is nearly as good a feeling as sticking two fingers at them.:p:p

What great image? Overflow with her whip or the one from photobucket??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

AAAHHHH!!!! well I found out how to use photobucket by playing on the "Show mw a picture of ....." thread in the bear garden

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

your going be in for it when overflow gets back:D

when is that? will remember to keep a low profile....57f4dd2d586b30ffbc1412a5d9214075.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

ME REPROBATE !!!!!!!

ShowLetter.gif

now he is a reprobate.

So are you keeping yourself busy Mac?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 1 month later...

TYVM I have sent you a PM Stone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 2 weeks later...

That`s enough to get anybody running for cover. Good luck Mac

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00