halifax bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is al very new to me , Halifax very nearly bankrupted me last year and as single mum not very helpful.

I have sent preliminary letter registerd post as I dont trust them, but am very concerned with regards to court proceedings if it gets that far , I dont understand any of the legalities can anyone simplify .

Hi Cath,

Welcome to the CAG, it is very doubtfull that your case will see the inside of a Court room, the best thing to do, is to start a thread in the Halifax forum and keep everyone posted of your progress, that way all your questions can be answered by members of the same bank as you. With regards to the legalities of it, the bank charges are unlawful under common law and are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost to the banks, under both the UCTCCR 1999 and UCTA 1977, also they are not reasonable under SGSA 1982, if you look here you can get meanings of abbrieviations http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

Also start here and read as much as you can http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Good luck and keep us posted

Lee

:)I am not an expert at this, any advice i give is from reading posts on this site, its all in here somewhere :)

:) If i have helped please click the scales:)

NatWest Settled 16th february 2007----£3902.67 All charges, costs and s.69 interest

MBNA- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 25th March 2007

MBNA missed deadline, LBA for SAR sent 8th May 2007

CCA request sent 8th May 2007

I have received a reply from Halifax but they have stated that they are treating it as a complaints and I have to wait 8 weeks for a response , I know I read somewhere that the preliminary letter is not a complaint so the complaints procedure does not apply , can anyone advise how to respond to them thank you

I can only say the same as lee in wales (above) - who has given you the all the relevant links so as you can read through the procedures and will understand what letters to send and the timescales. You should be sending them an LBA which is in templates libary.

I would sugest you have a really good read around the site so that you know exactly what to expect and what you should be doing.

hi cath i'm danni i have just sent one letter to halifax bank in which they said they'd get back to me in the next decade i hoping this next letter threatening court action will work. please let me know how you get on and good luck!!