style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Same boat as me, they completely ignored my LBA.

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame you alf. Were you ever in the scouts? Be Prepared is their motto isn't it? (or was that the girl guides):cool: Whichever you clearly are prepared.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the club Alf.;)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I can see their Legal Department getting more than a little sweaty at the moment, and not just because of the weather!

This lot haven't got a clue folks - see yuo all at the finish line!!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

I am handing in my Data Protection request letter tomorrow to CB branch. Can someone clarify; CB have charged me £22.50 and called it a Maintenance charge and then at the bottom it says"total service charge due £22.50. This is for overdrawing on the account. Can I claim this as I know there have been a number of such charges on my account? The faq on service charges did not clarify the situation.

On my account I have £22.50 irregular penalties and £22.50 service charges and I have claimed everything apart from any agreed costs. Claim the lot and let them prove whether they are justifiable charges

I had been a Clydesdale customer for over 30 years but recently have had a zero balance for 18 months. When I tried to resurrect my account by putting funds in I have discovered that they have closed my account without informing me.

Now I have decided to add Clydesdale to my list for claiming charges back. Separate thread started. I do not want to hijack this excellent thread.

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya!

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Due to work pressures I had been unable to get to the court but finally managed it today. So that's another one to court. Additionally I have now requested repayment of approx £2500 on my current account , so lets see how things go?

I am not familiar with the Scottish system alf, but I guess that is not classed as a small claim in Scotland. I hope all goes well for you.

They are bluffing, if he takes them to court using the small claims procedure he is not liable for any costs apart from the initial cost involved in starting the action (£39) which he will get back when he wins. This lot will stall, squirm and use any tactic to put you off - don't back down but be prepared to follow through to the end.

My son has had a letter from the Clydesdale Bank stating that they would welcome him to take them to court as it will give them an opportunity to take him for court costs!!! Do you think they are bluffing?

Sam

Facinating. Any chance you could post the text of the letter? I've been to the small claims court many times, and I have never once seen costs awarded to either side. I've seen lawyers for big companies ask for costs quite a few times, but the Sheriff always rejects it out of hand. One of the fundamental principles of the small claims court is that there are no costs awarded, otherwise there would be no point in having it. The only circumstances where you can have costs awarded against you are if your claim is brought 'in bad faith', or if you abandon it part of the way through.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Clydesdale Bank are trying hard, in fact it appears they are getting desperate.

By threatening your son with court costs, the author of the letter obviously doesn't have a clue what he/she is talking about.

Stick to your schedule and....

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya!:D

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Both methods have been employed. The choice is yours.

Sorry Sorry Sorry Alf! My fat-fingers hit the Edit button rather than Quote there!!

:oops::oops::oops:

Anyway, Capital One did the same thing, sent cheques for lesser amounts, which I cashed then they paid up as soon as I took them to Court.

This squirming lot don't want to let their cases go to Court, otherwise - they would have done so by now!

I would write back a nice polite letter thanking them for the cheque, and telling them that you accept it in part settlement of your claim. If they have a problem with that they can alsways stop the cheque (they are a bank after all).

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Dont know if that would be accepted in court but then again they are extremely unlikely to attend to defend, sounds good Robertxc, if it were me i would send them the letter first stating that you intend to pursue the rest through the court and thanks for partial settlement, if nothing was heard within a week i would put the cheque in.

Actually, there are quite a few examples on the forum where people have cashed cheques which were supposedly sent as 'full and final settlement'. Often it's done on the advice of the judge or sheriff. I'm not sure what the precise legal position is, but it may have something to do with the fact that as far as you're concerned it's your money anyway, so the bank is not in a position to attach conditions to it unilaterally. It may be that they can only enforce a condition if it's with your agreement, or if the judge or sheriff orders it. I must stress that this is only my theory, and I don't know if it's correct. :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks