• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mbna - Properly Executed Agreements

Cornucopia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like Rhia, I am starting this thread as an information gathering exercise.

If anybody has had a CCA request properly fulfilled by MBNA ie : they have received a true copy of the executed agreement with ALL prescribed terms in accordance with the act, could they please post here to let us know.

Thank you!

*Tumbleweed ...............anybody!!*:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I haven't!! I got an application form with my sig, the date and very few of the terms prescribed by the Act or the 83 SI.

I thought I would give this thread a bump given that it already has cobwebs and tumbleweed everywhere............wonder why???!!!:rolleyes:

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I thought I would give this thread a bump given that it already has cobwebs and tumbleweed everywhere............wonder why???!!!:rolleyes:

I don't know who should be more embarassed, me for starting this thread or MBNA for making it necessary for me to do so!!! LOL!!

Just giving it a little bump to prevent it from floating off into eternity......:eek:

Silence is golden...........;)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I hate to say I told you so...:lol:

LOL!!! I hate to admit you were right.............:rolleyes:

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I hate to say I told you so...:lol:

The Properly Executed Agreements thread was like a decaying old mansion, broken windows, cracks in the plaster and warped floorboards, even the mice had deserted it.......there were long forgotten echoes of the Men In Black, the cobwebs hung undisturbed from ceilings and stairs, leaves blew through in the gentle breeze, water dripped from the broken guttering.........all was quiet..................

AND THEN IT ALL FELL DOWN AND WE ALL LAUGHED.:lol:

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Saw the thread high up in the pecking order and thought must drop in, looks like Corn has nabbed one.

Nope...just the sound of the tumbleweed. Have you found Miss Haversham's wedding dress laid out on the bed yet? LOL.

I thought you might appreciate that R!!! LOL!

Wedding dress? No? Hanging skeletons?? Plenty!!!!:o

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

No executed agreements for me - one was just the application form (with not even a space for their signature) and eventually got a letter on the other one from the Compliance Department saying they couldn't provide it due to 'archive retrieval problems' Whoops - what a valuable letter that could be. Thanks MBNA.

Jesus Senior, you kept that quiet!!!! WHY??!!!! I would hit them with the full "bugger off I am not paying, give me my money back letter". I wouldn't hang around, that letter is worth a decent lottery win if you ask me!!!

Tell us more.......how EXCITING!! It seems to me to be the first admission from MBNA that they can't provide!! How old is your account?? Questions, questions, but my GOD, why didn't you tell us this before??!!!! I am all beside myself now and have farmed child off to orphange and divorced husband!!!:lol:

• Haha 1

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

This is my ex-Abbey account that started out with National & Provincial Building Society donkeys years ago and ended up with MBNA. Sent my CCA in November 2006 and got this reply in January

"Unfortunately due to archive retrieval problems we are unable to obtain a copy of the agreement for account **** **** **** **** which relates to your Abbey MBNA priority rewards Credit Card. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused"

- didn't really understand whether it meant they couldn't be bothered to look for it or just didn't have it. They didn't send my £1 back though.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO! What you have is gold dust here!!! They can't find your agreement!! You have it in writing!!! Never mind the one bloody pound!! You need to write them a consolidation letter which means they should pay you back every bit of interest you've ever paid them!! WHICH WILL BE A LOT!!!!

OH MY GOD, I NEED A LIE DOWN!!!:eek:

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I think the writer of the letter (I know who you are) may soon be paying a visit to Chester Jobcentre. Glad this made you happy!

Senior, thread search ZUBO, he sent a cracking letter regarding consolidation!!

For GOD's SAKE go for it!!! GO ON be our guinea pig!!! LOL!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Corn, is that the thread with 1825 posts?? Making you happy is enough for one night - I'll read it in the morning.

Oooh you shocker you!!! You sound just like my husband!!!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

And you say I've been taking literature lessons from M55! Hmmm - Kettle, Black, Pot, The, Calling - rearrange to form a rather appropriate phrase! :-)

He's gone to bed so I am safe to post!! LOL!!!!:o

Guilty as charged P!!! I have to admit that M55 has been huge influence in my capacity as a thriller writer. However, I think he is blanking me at the moment!!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Not that safe Corn!!!!!!

p

x

Get the HELL out of here P!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

And here's me thinking you were getting a nice family cuddle up night!

:cool:

Am I bovvered?:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Well CornC I accused your thread of not yielding much and in fact it has given us the greatest gift of all of it. Thanks Senior Service - guess you were sitting on this and thinking it wasn't up to much.

This has confirmed what we have all suspected strongly. MBNA do not have any executed agreements.

Unleash the dogs of war (AKA Battleaxe)

I knew it would be useful for SOMETHING!!:rolleyes:

I was GOBSMACKED when I saw Senior's post, he/she has been posting on my MBNA Nightmare thread and never said a word!! This is the golden nugget we have been looking for! I don't think Senior realised the significance because I said "you have to go and get all your money back" and he/she said "well I never got my pound back for the CCA". LOL!!! Never mind the pound!!! It is worth a whole lot more than that!

Senior, where are you today??? Or are you nursing a hangover from all the celebrating????:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Cornocopia,

so am i right in thinking then that when i finally get my full SAR via court compliance, and if or when i find that they have no proper agreement i can apply for a consolidation of interest (all interest previously paid that is as the account is now at zero) ?

That is correct Prog!!!

Go get em' hun!!

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hello everybody,

I've also just realised, I had an A&L credit card which was eventually run by MBNA. I did a SAR to MBNA for another MBNA account, and amongst all the statements etc, they sent me some copies of application forms for the MBNA card. They also sent stuff for the A&L card, and guess what!!! They have stated that they are unable to provide a copy of agreement!!! I'll have to dig out all the SAR stuff and double check.

At the time I never thought much about it. Although it was odd that they wiped out the entire balance when I questioned the unlawful charges. They just said the usual "gesture of goodwill" in their letter. No court claim was ever issued. I think I will now send a CCA request just to put my mind at rest.

If MBNA don't have any original agreements, then this might explain why Link financial have been quiet since I

CCA'd

them about the old MBNA account.

Anyway, it now looks like I'm going to have some more fun with MBNA!!!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Jeff.

And another one..............tee hee!!!:D

Jeff, hit them with consolidation fella!! How EXCITING!

Rhia, I think we should rename my thread "Thank you MBNA for being SO generous"!!

I'm loving this!!!!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

lol ladybird

Corn...:D does a lil dance damn i paid minimum payment for 4 years on a £5000 debt basically around £100 a month ofr 4 years, plus another 3 years paying almost that much too.

Thats a whole heap of interest huh :p

maybe i might be lucky with my agreement !

so how many people have actually doen this interest consilidation and enforced it ? (hoping your going say hundreds)

Johnny

Johnny, get yourself over to the CCA thread, M55 is about to do it with LTSB and Priority1 is posting hers tomorrow. I haven't done mine (yet). I am pretty sure BA will know about this!

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hello everybody...

Just an idea - is it worth requesting a 'sticky' for unfulfilled cca rqsts, and maybe a template letter for the consolidation requests below that (sorry if there is one already-haven't seen it yet!)

At this rate - there's going to be a few panicky banks, and an awful lot of cca/consolidation requests going on...

Corn - can't wait for my o/h's capital one (acc now closed) cca to come back - especially as there's a default on it whilst insurance was paying out. Fingers crossed eh?

There is definitely a pattern emerging with MBNA and cca's? Getting very interesting.

Perseus

x

Hi P, I think that's a good idea, ask Jonny2Bad, he's a mod and very good at answering his PM's!

I agree that there is a definite pattern emerging here, and very exciting it is too!!!:cool::D

That's interesting with Mrs P's Cap One account, they've got a bloody cheek doing that......what is it with these people??!! Good luck hun, as ever!

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

So,

Has anyone else received an agreement from MBNA like my hubby's?

Or is he still the only one?!

And do you think it is a properly executed agreement?

Ajjars.

Hello all! Posting post-party and am a bit fuzzy, but needed to bump my thread a little just to please RHIA!!!!!:D Never mind I have to be up for daughter, school and work in 4 hours:o

Ajjars, yours is the first for me. Battleaxe thinks it's illegible. Can I suggest somebody throw it over to the CCA thread (link above somewhere for Johnny Progenic) and see what the experts over there have to say? I don't know how to do that because I am rubbish.:rolleyes:

BA, can you help with this??

Night all x

• Haha 1

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Nice stuff Rhia - heard a guy from CAG on the radio the other day and he said that he knew one company employed somebody full time to read posts on this forum, when pressed he wouldn't reveal who it was - what a pity!

PS Where has the lovely Corn disappeared to?

Awww Senior, that's nice!!! I am here, I had to take a few days off to clear my head as it was going to explode!

Am trying to catch up now!

Good to have you back Ladybird!

Rhia, I think we need to merge our threads love!!!:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

corn

now your back (hi BTW) give me some info girl because now you have lead me to these cca threads they have done my head in :confused:

whats the absolute lowdown with all this, put me right if im wrong and i really hope i am (i admit that i have not read these threads start to finish) but is any of whats being said in these threads actually been tested and proven (ie what case law do we have on all this ?) or is it mostly interpretation of the rules and acts ect ?

has anyone in CAG won a case and got the interest consolidated ect ect ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/74790-vital-fsa-mass-complaint.html

CAN EVERYBODY DO THIS PLEASE??!! THANK YOU!!!!

Hi Johnny,

I can't be specific, I know that Zubo is doing this (you'll have to search his threads) and PriorityOne has just posted hers for consolidation, but I haven't yet come across anybody who has seen it through although I am sure they are out there. I know you have posted this question on the CCA thread, probably the best place for it, somebody will know something I am sure, sorry to be rubbish!!!!:-|

Corn x

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Thanks Corn. I posted a few things yesterday when I got back home, and when I looked at them today, I was either very drunk or very jet lagged (or both :D ).

Anyway MBNA have sent me their piffle re. S85 but NO copy of CCA - 12 days was up last week, so now 27 days and counting.

I also had a letter from Shoe Tailor(aka J.D. Williams) offering me full refund - I sent partial rejection (they had offered me 50%) just before I went away, so that was a nice little surprise in the post.

Alas though, HSBC have failed to respond to my prelim. so LBA being sent. They did however, phone me 19 times whilst I was away as I misread my Visa statement & sent them £17 short of minimum payment. They have now blocked my card. Strange that - I've had that card for ever, and this is the first time I've been harrassed about it or had it blocked - and it happens just as I start my claim against....surely ths would not be a retaliatory action....? No, perish the thought:shock:

Bird, that is really weird you saying that about your HSBC card as I had exactly the same thing last month. I paid bill, it all matches as far as I can see and then I got a demand for £2.00???!??! A really nasty letter saying who to contact if I was having problem with my debt (what? £2.00??). I am wondering if this is a new ruse to apply charges? My card was blocked too!!! Hilarious!! Don't talk to me about HSBC, when I won with them, they made my life a bloody misery for ages!:Cry:

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Sorry all if I'm asking a blindingly obvious question here, but if a CC company have no done a proper agreement then you owe them nothing at all? or you dont owe them interest? I'm confused - I signed up for my MBNA card when I was bored at an airport - I only remember signing an application nothing else - then the card turns up.

pm me or reply as I'm gagging to get my head around this.

The long and short of it SS, is if they can't provide a copy of your true executed agreement, they can't enforce the debt without a Court Order (and they would struggle to get the order without a copy of the true executed agreement), swings and roundabouts you see??

Ditto Ladybird, get a CCA letter off, templates, letter "N" and your one pound postal order..............

Good luck:)

PS : You may want to check out the CCA thread (link up above somewhere in a post to Progenic), but be warned, it will take about a week to read and leave you frazzled but an absolute mine of information!!!

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

CCA letter off, templates, letter "N" and your one pound postal order..............

where can I find these letter looked in templates but not sure which? I'm playing catch up here sorry! The CCA threads are mind melting...

In the letters templates file, it is Letter "N". A CCA 1974 request.

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.