• Tweets

• As one of you mentioned above I've been in a mess for nearly 20 years now and I'm ready to sort my credit report out now - the main reason I got into second round of debt is my kids being unwell and the state considering them not unwell enough for extra help so despite my son being in hospital for 3 months in one year we got extra zero help and I eventually lost my job and got into debt to just so I can be تا my sons hospital bed at his time of need - my life basically fell apart and all these debts got me again 
    • Gosh mate I've woke up this morning with half the worry I had last night when going to sleep!.  I can't believe how much this forum has helped me over the years and I don't  have the words to explain the gratitude I feel towards you guys -  Now that I've slept on it I feel ready to reject this company and my plan is to make them an offer to accept payments to date as full and final settlement - I will I think write them a letter once my review is completed or maybe just send it now whilst they are reviewing explaining my kids are unwell for which reason I'm struggling to survive and if I can politely request for them to accept payment to date as a full and final - I'll mention I don't have any cash or anyone to borrow from to offer a full or even part amount of the remaining balance of the iva and therfore am unable to make a offer of payment.   If they agree to at least even put my offer to the creditors then I feel it's better I hang in there and that way I won't have to deal with any possibilities of more defaults and ccjs    Right now the only adverse effects on my credit report are the iva that is now 3 years old and 2 Ccj one coming of this July and one thus October.    But I am worried new action will begin and new defaults and Ccj may start to appear because I've paying into an agreement im under the impression the 6 year rules starts again so yes I have lost of mixed feelings about this but I'm not going to lie you guys have put some life back into my breath this week as for the last 3 years I've felt caged like an animal and this morning I feel freer I can't explain how much but certainly my soul feel lighter today thanks to yin because I'm now viewing this review totally different to I do yesterday thanks to you guys 
    • Court name UNKNOWN Case number ********** Amount N/A Confirmed by Insolvency Service Date issued May 2021 Type Voluntary Arrangement Notes If you have questions about voluntary arrangements you should speak to the Insolvency Service.     I started this in 2021. So it's been about 3 years I've been paying. 
    • Thanks @lookinforinfo@Nicky Boyi sent across the agreement earlier in this thread. No mention of financial reward to the MA. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done on the sly. As I said earlier, the owner of OPS is a convicted criminal, with a very shady reputation around these parts.
    • The average high street easy-access account pays 1.7% interest - but savers could earn 5% if they moved their money elsewhere. We look at which banks have the top rates.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

rovers v norwich and peterborough

rovers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First posting I have just recieved a copy of my statement from N&P and worked out all there charges but wondered is 8% interest the norm to charge them for having my money. And are overdraft usage fees supposed to be added .Also is a schedule of charges just a list of dates and ammounts charged.

Hi, if you go onto the templates you will find a spreadsheet template which helps you lay it all out, but basically it is just a list of dates and amounts that you are claiming. The 8% is a legal amount you can claim under a section of the county court act 1984 ( cant remember the section number) but all the info you need is here just keep looking, and if you do your court claim on line all the relevant info is also there.

Read as many of the threads you can and see how we have all got on.

From experince N&P will only offer you half your charges back and will close your account, the letters they send can be a bit bullying but I have just got a grovelling letter from them as I have started court action. Just follow the steps recommended and use the template letters, this stops you making small errors which invalidate your claim. Lastly good luck and stay strongicon7.gif

Recieved a letter back from N&P today it says

With reference to your recent letter regarding charges on the above numbered account. This has been passed to me for response in my capacity of Banking Services Supervisor.

As stated in the terms and condition sof the Gold Current Account, you are required to have sufficient cleared funds in your account the day prior to an item being presented. Should you fail to do this then the item will be returned unpaid and a charge of £29.50 levied.

The Society believes it has acted lawfully at all times when operating your account and we have simply enforced the advertised charge structure, to which you agreed when entering into the contract with Norwich and Peterborough Building Society (the application form you signed on opening your account included a declaration and agreement which stated that you had read and agreed to be bound by the conditions of the account)

The Society is owned by, and listens to, its members and we recognise that mistakes can happen so, if a customer makes a mistake and they incur a fee we will refund the first one on application, thereafter, to be fair and consistent to all our customers, all future fees and charges will not normally be refunded unless there were exceptional circumstances that we feel should be taken into consideration. In your case, I can see that we followed this policy when In March 2005 we refunded a charge that had been correctly applied to your account. At that time you were reminded of the terms and conditions for operation the Gold Current Account and advised that all remaining and future charges would stand. By continued use of the account, you indicated your acceptance to all terms and conditions of the acccount.

I Hope you now have a better understanding of the situatioin. In the unfortunate event that you remain dissatisfied please let me know and I will arrange for your complaint to be reveiwed by the Banking & Investment Support Manager in accordance with our complaint procedure as detailed in our Service commitment leaflet enclosed. We will consider the matter to be closed if I do not hear from you within 8 weeks of the date of this letter.

Is this a standard reply and now i guess its an LBA

thanks for any comments

this is a standard letter, they all try it in one way or another. I would reply thanking them for their response but re iterate the fact that these charges are not a true reflection of the cost of running your account, which is the whole point of you asking for them back. Check through the FAQs cos somewhere there is the piece that states the bit of law that requires charges to be a reflection of the true cost, I would copy them your original letter as well and if you dont get a response that says they will refund within the time limits then go to stage two and send out the second letter. All they are doing is trying to stall you and tie you up in their own complaint proceedure so that you will give up. At least you got a response, my first letter got ignored. Stick to the timetable and stay firm they will try to get you to take your eye off the ball. hope this helps

Hi

have you read the threads on penaltycharges.co.uk. there are a few who have successfully claimed against n&p. several didn't need to get as far as filing in court. I claimed on bhalf of son and girlfriend. I phoned the banking operations manager after 1st response to 14 day lba. he said he would, as a gogw, refund 50% but would want the accounts closed. I said don't bother with that letter I'll just do the court thing. a couple of days later received a letter offering full 100% but still wanted the accounts closed. I then got girlfriend to phone him and he said they could keep the accounts open. he is quite a nice guy to talk to and fairly reasonable.

so after the letter offering 50% plus account closure, which is normal for n&p try giving him a ring.

sorry wrong thread

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Recieved offer letter today for 50% off charges which was quicker than expected 2 days to reply they must have been expecting it as letter dated 14/03/2007 the day before i sent my LBA .So i have sent a rejection letter just have to wait and see now

Received letter today it says,

Thank you for your letter concerning the above numbered account.

the points you have raised are receiving attention and the banking operations manager ,Mr David Prresland will respond to you within the next 10 working days when all the relevant information is to hand.

Please refer to the service commitment leaflet previously provided.

Is this a standard letter after there offer letter and if i have to start court proceedings how long do i have to do this as i have got to go away with work for 6 weeks abroad and would not be able to start proceeding untill may.

I claimed against n&p for my son and girlfriend. (see my earlier post on this thread) try phoning the Banking Operations Manager and tell him that you are not happy with offer of 50%, want the whole 100% and want to keep your account open.

my son's girlfriend did this and he agreed to 100% plus accounts staying open. after signing their agreement money was in their accounts 7 days later. didn't need to file court claim.

try phoning him, he is very reasonable and easy to talk to.

Account has been closed for nearly 2 years so threat of closer ain't going to bother me. I will see what happens this week they said they would contact me in 10 days .

rovers,

Funny how their stance has changed from no chance to ok maybe you can have half of it. They owe you all of it. REJECT OFFER . Have alook at these;http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html Go for it . Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, action-smiley-033.gif enjoy your win.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.