Abbey Tactics

Ljohn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for that. I am still in letter stage and the offer I received was not marked full and final settlement. I think that means I am still negotiating but would welcome your view if any.

John

John,

Use the letter from the Templates Library to accept their offer as part settlement, and give them the additional 14 days (ie; this will be your Letter Before Action), then if they don`t agree to Full Settlement, at the end of the 14 days you`ll need to either file in court or online at MCOL.

If your claim is purely financial (no Default removals etc) then MCOL is the easiest option, and there is a template in the library for the MCOL completion to help you along.

Keep asking questions along the way and you`ll have no problem:)

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

I have also asked a site moderator to merge your two seperate posts, it will make it easier to keep track of if your just using the one

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

4 Threads merged.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi john

Firstly, just post a little more info letting us know what letters you have posted. It sounds like the preliminary letter that Abbey are responding to.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what letters you send, and what replies Abbey send back, stick to your timetable and just progress to the next step when the time comes.

It appears that Abbey are so snowed under with claims that they are not just stalling for the sake of it, I think it a case of not enough man hours available. Still, who cares about their admin problems!!

Send the LBA when the time is right, and then submit your claim when that deadline expires.

Keep us posted and well done.

Best of luck

Louis

Hello Louis Wu,

Can you help, i've been looking through tons of threads but can't really find an answer & thought you may be able to help with this tiny issue.

I'm claiming £233.00 from MBNA & they have paid me a GOGW of £70 which i accepted as part payment. Then i sent the LBA 3 times & no response. Now taking it to MCOL as they owe me £163. Im stuck though...

I need to know how i go about claiming the remaining £163 which includes interest. I'm not sure how to work it out?? Time is passing by & i need some help.

foxij confused-smiley-013.gif

Guest louis wu
I'm claiming £233.00 from MBNA & they have paid me a GOGW of £70 which i accepted as part payment. Then i sent the LBA 3 times & no response. Now taking it to MCOL as they owe me £163. Im stuck though...

I need to know how i go about claiming the remaining £163 which includes interest. I'm not sure how to work it out?? Time is passing by & i need some help.

Hello foxi,

Firstly, have you used the CAG LBA? If so, is i the £163 you are claiming, and have you provided a schedual of charges?

I gather from your post, that your stuck on how to show the £163, if so, then just deduct it from your original list, taking it from the most recent charges. Another question, have you put the charges onto a spreadsheet?

As you can see, there are lots of questions. If you can supply the answers, I am sure we can help find the solutions you require.

Louis

Hello foxi,

Firstly, have you used the CAG LBA? If so, is i the £163 you are claiming, and have you provided a schedual of charges?

I gather from your post, that your stuck on how to show the £163, if so, then just deduct it from your original list, taking it from the most recent charges. Another question, have you put the charges onto a spreadsheet?

As you can see, there are lots of questions. If you can supply the answers, I am sure we can help find the solutions you require.

Louis

Hi louis wu,

thanks so much for getting back to me. Yes i did send the CAG LBA & they didn't respond.

I did put the charges onto a spreadhseet previously which totalled £233.30 which does include interest. Then Abbey paid £70 as a GOGW.

I've had to update the charges spreadsheet on Tuesday 1st May 07 because they applied another charge back in Feb 07 which didn't show up till later. Anyway, the total calculations for all my charges on the updated spreadsheet add up to £235.07. The charges are £221 & the interest is £14.07.

So, if I minus the £70 from the charges how do i work out how to minus the interest??.

Sorry if i sound like a dummy!!.I've seen a few other threads but nothing seems to show me how to do it!! any help would be greatly appreciated.

:|

foxi

Claiming 2868.02 inc interest and court fees.

Started claim with MCOL on 18th April.

Due to start judgement on 1st May but lo and behold Abbey put £798 directly into my account on that date.

Received letter 2nd May stating they were happy that the charges did not contravene the Unfair Terms of Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and also comply with the Office of Fair Trading and that the payment was a gesture of goodwill.

As a result I am about to send them Letter 4 from the Rejecting Offers page stating that I am not willing to accept the gesture and allowing them 10 days to pay the full amount or will commence judgement against them.

Can anyone confirm this is the correct course of action or should I just start the judgement now as they have failed to respond to the court.

Thanks for any assistance.

Guest louis wu
So, if I minus the £70 from the charges how do i work out how to minus the interest??.

If you have a spreadsheet, minus the £70 from the most recent charges, if that means that one of your charges becomes an odd amount (ie if your last 4 charges were £20 each, then to minus £70 would lave the last charge atb £10) then thats what it is but put a note next to it.

Louis

If you have a spreadsheet, minus the £70 from the most recent charges, if that means that one of your charges becomes an odd amount (ie if your last 4 charges were £20 each, then to minus £70 would lave the last charge atb £10) then thats what it is but put a note next to it.

Louis

If you are using the `Simple Charges Calc` spreadsheet from this site, action as follows -

* On a line after your last Charge listed, enter "Refund of Charges"

* In the Amount Column, enter -XX.XX (with XX.XX being the value of the refund, making sure you enter a minus before the amount)

* In the date Column, enter the date that the refund was applied to your account.

By actioning in this way you will maintain the credability of your record of charges calculation, it will also remain fully understandable by the Court Officials and the Bank, and will not leave yourself open to scrutiny as to how you arrive at your final figure with differing Charge Values to those actually imposed (if you use Loui`s method).

Hope this is of help:)

If you need any further advise, please ask.

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

Claiming 2868.02 inc interest and court fees.

Started claim with MCOL on 18th April.

Due to start judgement on 1st May but lo and behold Abbey put £798 directly into my account on that date.

Received letter 2nd May stating they were happy that the charges did not contravene the Unfair Terms of Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and also comply with the Office of Fair Trading and that the payment was a gesture of goodwill.

As a result I am about to send them Letter 4 from the Rejecting Offers page stating that I am not willing to accept the gesture and allowing them 10 days to pay the full amount or will commence judgement against them.

Can anyone confirm this is the correct course of action or should I just start the judgement now as they have failed to respond to the court.

Thanks for any assistance.

RMP_UK

Firstly, you should really start your own thread rather than hijacking someone elses, it makes it easier for us to keep track and advise as you move forward with your claim.

I would suggest that if you send the rejection letter and give them 14 days to pay the full amount, it will show you in good light when you press the `Judgement` button on MCOL, if it is appealed by the Bank (and it proberbly will be) it will be moved to your local court, where you can use your letter, along with copies of all letters sent/received (other than those sent/received WITHOUT PREJUDICE) as evidence of your attempts to resolve the issue without the need to take up valuable court time.

Hope this is of help

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the hijack, didnt read the rules of the forums correctly.

RMP_UK

No problem, you learn as you move forward.

I`ll keep an eye on your thread once started, and if you need any help/advice just ask:)

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

Guest louis wu

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Sorry foxi for jeopardising your claim, and causing unnecessary scrutiny of your work;).

My way worked for me, and I think the court staff were too busy to even give it a second look, but it appears my methods are frowned upon:rolleyes: (even though its honest and transparent), so it would be best if you disregard my previous post.

I will try to be more careful in the future;)

Louis

Sorry foxi for jeopardising your claim, and causing unnecessary scrutiny of your work;).

My way worked for me, and I think the court staff were too busy to even give it a second look, but it appears my methods are frowned upon:rolleyes: (even though its honest and transparent), so it would be best if you disregard my previous post.

Louis

Louis,

We all make mistakes, lets face it we wouldn`t be members of this site if we had not made our biggest ever mistake of Trusting the Banks:o

At the moment the banks will be looking for any mistakes or their interpritation of miscalculation etc to try and raise a challenge, so its always best to try and remove any opportunities before they get that far.

No harm done, and its a learning process for us all.

• Haha 1

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

Louis,

We all make mistakes, lets face it we wouldn`t be members of this site if we had not made our biggest ever mistake of Trusting the Banks:o

At the moment the banks will be looking for any mistakes or their interpritation of miscalculation etc to try and raise a challenge, so its always best to try and remove any opportunities before they get that far.

No harm done, and its a learning process for us all.

Hi Armsoft & Louis Wu,

Thank you both for taking the time to explain the little extras........ all information has been valuable and the support is just brilliant.

Armsoft,

I will follow your suggestion as this way i won't get confused. Abbey are a real pain in the arse but we have to keep plodding on.

Just being nosy but was reading your list of claims & noticed that you got 5k compensation... how did you swing that one??

foxi

Hi Armsoft & Louis Wu,

Thank you both for taking the time to explain the little extras........ all information has been valuable and the support is just brilliant.

Armsoft,

I will follow your suggestion as this way i won't get confused. Abbey are a real pain in the arse but we have to keep plodding on.

Just being nosy but was reading your list of claims & noticed that you got 5k compensation... how did you swing that one??

foxi

foxi,

My claim was for charges applied to a `Closed` Account and the issueing of a Default Notice on the closed account, so slightly different to the normal scenario.

I would suggest that the one thing that helped swing it for me was that I stuck to the process outlined on this site to the letter (pardon the pun), I checked and double checked Every communication with the bank before sending it off to make sure it was error free, then, at the end of the day, they knew I meant business and was not just going to be fobbed off.

I also built up quite meaningfull dialog with James Arandale at Abbey, he is no different to you and I, and if you take the time to explain your case to him, and ensure that he is fully aware of what Your terms of settlement are, he is more likely to ensure an early resolution.

Good Luck with your claim, although if you keep following the sites advice you won`t need any luck.

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

Guest louis wu
Louis,

We all make mistakes

My post wasn't a mistake, it was just an interpretation on how to deal with foxi's question. I agree, this new method is better, but that doesn't mean the old method was wrong.

Armsoft, I assume you have been a member longer than your current user name suggests, and as such I'm sure you remember that this method was the standard advice given on how to deal with offers and spreadsheets. If that advice has now changed, there are subtler ways of telling people rather than saying mistakes have been made.

At the moment the banks will be looking for any mistakes or their interpritation of miscalculation etc to try and raise a challenge

To the best of my knowledge, they have never challenged it before, and even if they did, all it would show is that a refund had been made, that amount has been deducted from the claim, and the interest no longer claimed. It is honest, clear and transparent. How could that jeopardise a claim?

If you consider my post bad enough to comment in this manner, then please reoprt it.

Louis

Louis,

Ouch:(

I was only using your own words.

No offence meant, and as I said to you in my PM its great to see site members helping each other, I just added my own view on the situation in an effort to further help foxi and whilst, to the best of your knowledge the banks have never challenged it, surely we should all be doing our utmost to ensure they don`t get the opportunity too:)

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

foxi,

My claim was for charges applied to a `Closed` Account and the issueing of a Default Notice on the closed account, so slightly different to the normal scenario.

I would suggest that the one thing that helped swing it for me was that I stuck to the process outlined on this site to the letter (pardon the pun), I checked and double checked Every communication with the bank before sending it off to make sure it was error free, then, at the end of the day, they knew I meant business and was not just going to be fobbed off.

I also built up quite meaningfull dialog with James Arandale at Abbey, he is no different to you and I, and if you take the time to explain your case to him, and ensure that he is fully aware of what Your terms of settlement are, he is more likely to ensure an early resolution.

Good Luck with your claim, although if you keep following the sites advice you won`t need any luck.

Hi Armsoft,

Thanks for letting me know the info about your closed account. Its funny but otherthan this MBNA card that I have with abbey. I've just put my MCOL claim through a closed ABBEY current account which is up 15th May 07. I didn't any GOGW's at all. I just got all the standard babble letters but they have been very quiet with this closed account. Do they take longer to pay up for closed accounts?? :)

foxi

Hi Armsoft,

Thanks for letting me know the info about your closed account. Its funny but otherthan this MBNA card that I have with abbey. I've just put my MCOL claim through a closed ABBEY current account which is up 15th May 07. I didn't any GOGW's at all. I just got all the standard babble letters but they have been very quiet with this closed account. Do they take longer to pay up for closed accounts?? :)

foxi

I don`t believe they take any longer with Closed accounts than Open ones.

They just take a long time with eerything, infact I`ve never come across anyone who`s able to `Drag their Feet` as well as Abbey do.

Keep asking Questions as you move through with your claim.

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

If you are using the `Simple Charges Calc` spreadsheet from this site, action as follows -

* On a line after your last Charge listed, enter "Refund of Charges"

* In the Amount Column, enter -XX.XX (with XX.XX being the value of the refund, making sure you enter a minus before the amount)

* In the date Column, enter the date that the refund was applied to your account.

By actioning in this way you will maintain the credability of your record of charges calculation, it will also remain fully understandable by the Court Officials and the Bank, and will not leave yourself open to scrutiny as to how you arrive at your final figure with differing Charge Values to those actually imposed (if you use Loui`s method).

Hope this is of help:)

If you need any further advise, please ask.

Hi Armsoft,

How are you? Further to your last mail. I updated the calculations sheet and the figures worked out fine. Thank you for that.

Anyway, I proceeded with my MCOL claim on 9 May 2007 & low & behold got a got letter from Abbey dated 30 April 2007 offering me the balance of my charges but it was post stamped 9 May 2007 and I received it on the 10 May 2007. Very crafty eh!!!! But because I've already started court proceedings. What is the best way forward??. Shall I'll write back to Abbey acknowledging their letter but shall I just advise them that i gave them ample time to refund me and that court proceedings have been initiated?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

foxi