Bank statements re Abbey

scousegirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first time on here, i have requested 6 years of Bank Statements from Abbey, to see how much my charges are. The only thing i am worried about is, that they might turn around and say that they will take my overdraft of me, which i don't want to happen. Can anyone give me any advice please.:)

Hi, welcome and best of luck with your claim. as to your overdraft, many of us have had them and personally was worried about that at first but then i realised that losing my overdraft wouldn't be such a bad thing because at least when i get paid the money would be mine alone and it wouldn't be subject to a high overdraft rate.

Hi scousegirl, Welcome. If you haven't already, have a good read of the FAQs and Guide on here : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

On your specific question, they might well try to do that but they would have to give notice. However, you can head it off completely by :

• ensuring that you continue to pay in a regular amount (I reckon that stops their computer showing you as a bad debt). I did stop, they picked it up, but reinstating a small regular amount seems to be holding them off
  • if/when they still write about your overdraft, reply to the Dept dealing with your correspondence at the time (they move it around) and say that you regard your account as being in dispute and the balance in question (by virtue of your claim for return of your charges). That, too, seems to have worked in my case. If they persist, say that it would be unfortunate if the Courts misinterpreted any such action in the context of a Court claim against them.

Finally, it's recommended that you open a new account somewhere else (a so-called parachute account). Leave the Abbey overdraft within the authorised limit (and keep a regular small amount to be paid in by Standing Order).

Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Guest louis wu

The thing with overdrafts is they usually are set for a specific period, ie 1 year, and reveiwed. Most are automatically continued without any interruption, but there is always a time when for no reason the banks can withdraw the O/D.

If your account is in ok order at the moment, then there is less chance they will take the facility away, but (and theres always a but with Abbey) there is no garauntee.

More info needed. How much would you be claiming. Is this amount more than you current O/D. Once you have started your claim the account is in dispute, and they shouldn't interfere with the O/D (another BUT, they do sometimes).

Is there any way you can open a new account, some banks will match acurrent O/D when you switch, that way you are free to do whatever you want.

Its a judgement call for you to make.

Give us some more info and we will come up with some mor suggestions.

Best of luck

Louis