• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Hedgey v NatWest **WON**

hedgey06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hedgey my dear, take an alka seltzer and just think what the OOPS UP IT COMES WILL DO for your quest to lose the extra 9lbs to get back in that 10. I dont know,,,, the extremes some people will go to to shed the pounds. Personally Im happy with my 12. Some people just want it all. Lol. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Seriously, take an alka seltzer Hedgey........... will put you right back on track. And twins, OMG. I seriously, nearly fell over the other night when I read that in the bear garden. How can anybody have had twins and be a size 10. The world is a deeply unfair place...................... Fendy xxxxx

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Fend............. but methinks i've got a little bug (probably from same said boisterous, mucky likkle twinnies - who are perfectly fine as they seem to thrive on muck!!!!) Still............. could be worse.............. could have terminal cramp in fingers!!!!! Oooooooooooh - perish the thought!!!!!!!!!!! Think we'd best behave on here today honey.......... I got told off by Nattie last night!!!!!! So................ off to some serious posting!!!!!!!!! xxxx;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yep, I agree. Saving my rubbish stuff for bear garden. Still blooming waiting for Nasty West Defence though. Its proper killing me. Im soooooooo impatient.

See ya tonight, in the bear garden hun if youre feeling up to it. Twinnies and all to cope with. Byeeee xxxx Fendy xxxxx

Seez ya later honey - have a great day xxxxxxxxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Time to post something serious for a change!!!! Am about to explode with anger............. gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Gave hubby prelim/schedule of charges to send recorded delivery to nasty west 2 weeks ago. He himself left big work coat at home this morn (nice weather - plus it's filthy!!!) Moi - trooper that I am - decided to be nice and wash it so.......... dragged myself out of my sick bed to do so, emptied the pockets and found.................. gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr you guessed it! Same said letter that he never got round to posting!!!! Just sent daughter to post office with it (want to see the receipt this time) so, back to two weeks and counting! Now........ need to think of suitable punishment for hubby for when I'm better!!!!!!!! xxx :mad:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Ooooh Hedgey. I would be fuming........ men, I love em, but wheres the sense of urgency about anything, non football or non electro gadget. I mean, this is serious money were talking. Did he just forget or just couldnt be bothered ?? You poor thing, this waiting game is hard enough without setting you back two weeks. How ya feeling anyway. A bit better I hope. Fendy xxxx

Hey Fendy, still feeling rotten honey. Can't keep anything down at all........ and I so hate being sick - makes me want my mummy!!! Just spoke to him (with voice as raised as it can go at moment!!!) and he was totally shocked - think he honestly just forgot! You're right though, he wouldn't forget to watch his football or play with his i-pod would he? GGGGGRRRRR - here's me waiting for the postie before work every day - and there's him with my letter in his pocket!!! Back to the drawing board honey !!! xxxxx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Oooooh Hedgey. You poor thing. Im off for the rest of this week. No more work this week. Had a few days of lieu coming to me so decided to take them this week and get the garden sorted out for summer. Weathers good anyway, so hopefully can crack on and gets lots done this week. As well as reading up on here ready for my receiving Cobblers defence. Still waiting for postie too...... it stinks, waiting for postie every day. Better get used to it though. Could be a while yet........... I do hope youre feeling better soon. Nothing worse than chucking up. It always makes me cry...... Im such a wuss. But its just the worst feeling in the world, you know its coming and theres nothing you can do to stop it, then your stomach is sore as hell for few hours recovering from the upchuck motion. Poor Hedgey.......... keep sipping the water, and dont touch food for another day. See how ya go... Take care. Fendy xxx And try not to be too cross with hubby if it was genuine forgetfulness. Men huh. Love em, but theyre so forgetful about anything that doesnt directly involve THEM. You gotta love em really. They will never be anywhere near as organised as a woman. No matter how they tried. The keepy uppy skills we laydeeees have in holding all the balls balancing in the air at once, is amazing. Theyre lucky if they can concentrate on one thing at a time. Bless. !!! Not their fault, theyre the weaker species. Mentally that is. Lol. Fend xxxxxx

Lol...... can't believe I even had a laugh in me Fend!!!! Brilliant post!! And you're so right - it's not his fault, he's just programmed that way. He thinks multitasking is sitting on the toilet while reading a newspaper, bless him!!!! Good job we love them though....... cos not sure anybody else would!!! I do wish the postie would come for you though - feels like we've all been waiting ages for your letter to arrive! But let's face it Fend, with the size of your claim and the fact you've done everything to the letter, nasty west have got an awful lot of cash to fork out soon!!! They're probably just deciding whose wages to cut to cough up on your claim!!! Maybe Fred himself will have to have his bonus reduced........ yaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!! Aaaaaghhhh.......... not sure this water's gonna' stay down - see you in five!!! :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Take Care Hedgey. Hope youre feeling better soon. Probs see ya tonight at some point, Ooooh but then again I forgot. England are playing Andorra. Oooh might have to be tomorrow. Will have house full again. Cant be any worse play than Saturdays game. Surely........... oh well, off to sit at back of door to wait for gorgeous postie. Might make him jump this morning, for giggles. Not a lot else going on........... Fendy xx

Hey Fend........ well, we've put an application form into the Labrador Rescue Centre in Chorley to 'adopt' a lab, but we've got to be 'vetted' now (home visit and all that). Good thing to do really - at least they don't let the lovely labs go to just anyone! Hope we pass though!!!

I've not got a myspae account due to the fact that (as a general rule) I have pooters!!!!! (I know- totally hard to believe!!!) Twinkies do a much better job on the tinternet than I usually do........... gorgeous little muckies just totally put me to shame!!!! (Then again, they run rings round me at most things honey!!!!!)

How's your hangover hun??? I was killing meself laughing last night - had visions of you sat at the pc telling the keys to be quiet when you typed!!! (Well, it gave me a laugh anyway!!!!!!)

Is the weather as poo in oakie today as it is here? It's making me all miserable and depressed!!! xxxxxx :(

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Yeah know what you mean Hedge. Weather poopy here too. Dark, grey, miserable, a bit chilly, reading in my iccle beetle thermometer only reached 5 degrees today driving home from work so tis quite chilly here in Okie. And has been having a bit of a light drizzle her too today. But I dont care, cos Ive been in work all day and so didnt have to fight against weather to walk dowgeeeee. So hes a bit mis today cos he hasnt had his walk. NVM will make it up to him tomorrow on my day off. Im so glad to be back to normal. I hate hangovers, and its so weird cos I never used to get them at all when I was a young drinker........ not flipping now though. Even three drinks and I feel like Ive been on a binge bender. No fair. This getting older thing is major poopiness........... glad twinkies are t'internet savvy. Most kids are.......... weird, its like they got tinternet gene that theyre born with, and it just leave us cold by comparison.......... my little man could log onto cbeebies to do the colouring pic when he was 4. It was potty, I couldnt believe it. And now its just permanently Habbo Hotel. What the heck is all that about,,,,,,,,,, I dunno, Im too old to understand apparently...... NVM. Nice to know that dowgeee home is coming out to vet you... At least you know they must have nice dowgeees that need good homes if they care enough to come and check up on you. Thats good I think. I bet twinkies are going potty with anticipation of new dowgeeee coming into the house arent they. Blesss. !!! I bet they got ants in their pants, nvm worm fights in garden. Lol. Fendy xxxx

Ants in their pants? They're driving me crazy!! "is our doggie coming today" is repeated at least once (every minute) with this heartbreaking look of angelic anticipation!!! Hmmm......... we'll see how happy they are when it chews their trainers and poops near the climbing frame!!!! Little secret though.......... think I'm even more excited than the twinkies - hubby said I never get as excited as this over him!!!!!!!!

Have you noticed something about hangovers as well? As the day goes on, you feel worse instead of better! Doesn't matter what you do (you can even have a couple of hours kip) the pain and misery just intensifies to the point where you wondered why you ever bothered having half a glass.............let alone two blo*dy bottles!!!! Time was, you could go out/stay in - get totally plastered, dance the night away (in heels!!!), reapply make-up (without getting it all over the show!!!) then get up after five hours in bed feeling and looking fresh as a daisy!!! Now.......... I resemble something like the bog monster after one too many!!!

Still........... at least you could still ogle cheeky posties cheeky a*se cheeks!!!!!! Ooooooooh............ so jealous - my postie's a right miserable minger!!! xxxxx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Miserable minger laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif.Poor posteeeee.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Seriously miserable minger............. quite flirtily (cos I was in that kind of mood!!!) asked him what he had in his sack for me one day. So he threw my post onto the porch floor and stomped off with his ear hair stuck on end!!!! Kid you not!!!! Scary miserable minger!!!! :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Lol, lol nothing worse than a humourless postie......... I kinda thought it went with the job really, to have incredibly tolerant, brilliant sense of humour,......... you know, the endless singing they must have to put up with, in the vein of

RETURN TO SENDER - A la Elvis

MR POSTMAN LOOK AND SEE - A la skinny carpenter lady

etc etc. the list must be endless. I bet they sick of it really. Lol.

I deffo must be lucky cos my posties ever so tasty..... my best mates is sad moody minger too though........ we compare notes on delectable posties, and milkies and paper lads, cos in our case our paper lads are paper men. Not bad, but not as tasty as postie. Lol. ooooooo only 12 hours till postie tomorrow. Yum.......... something to look forward to. Fendy xx:)

Lol Fendy............ I'm driving over to Oakie one morning just to have a ganders at your postie meself. If he's as yummy as you reckon (and he must be cos he so makes you drool) he's well worth an ogle!!! Lol!!!!

Think you should give us all a bit of light relief and take piccie of his bum without him knowing ................ get it posted on your thread and we'll have a vote on him!!! Fit posties.............. yaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!

Right, going to shop for bottle of red - back in 10!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thats a brill idea for a new thread in bear garden.

WHATS YOUR POSTIES BUM LIKE, MARKS OUT OF TEN.

Oooooh Hedge. Cracker.

See ya in ten hun. Please forgive if I gag wont you. Never wanna see wine again after sunday. Yuk................. Kidneys only just recovering today and YES, it is amazing how much worse you feel as the day goes on with hangover. Felt so yuk by 5 yesterday I thought I was gonna throw up. Didnt, but couldnt stomach tea....... just drank about 4 litres of water yesterday........... only thing I could stomach. Back on top form today though. But please dont mention wine......... please.

Lol Fendy.......... get that thread started!!!! We'll be posting from now till kingdom come on that one!!! Hahaha!!! xxx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Lol mines a bird sheeeeeeeeeesh! and she's got a massive bottom:D

I want to live where the male mail men are \o/

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Ooooooo get your digi cams at the ready n lets share postie pics....LOL

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Not near mine you don't caz................. the hair coming out of his ears is one thing, the hair coming out of his nose is mad!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Oooooooo guess I must be lucky then. Mines about, I would say 29/30, and is tall, dark brown hair, bit of designer stubb, slim, THE BIGGEST BLUE EYES I have ever seen on any human anywhere, and quite tanned. Think it might be fake though............. or muck. And very long legs, but not like Peter Crouch, thats just unnatural, just like, well, tall really, and tight bottom. He has very very pert tight bottom, cos his postie pants are always quite close fitting. Not at front though, eugugugghgghgh, just on botty.......... um, nice...................

Ooooooooooo Fendy.............. enough PLEEEEEEEAAAZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!! That's it - pm me your address and I'll be over tomorrow!!! It's time to stalk the fit postie!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxx:D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***