Dunmore v Barclays

adrian1972
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Adrian,

From my experience, this is normal timescale and they do have 40 days to comply with your request. My statements arrived quite patchy way -some here and some there.

Just follow the guidelines and always ask questions if you are not sure of your next action. You'll find lots of information and support on this site.

Good luck!

Flor :)

Hi Everyone,

Sent a letter and a £10 cheque to Barclays Data Protection for my six years statements, 24th Jan. Still waiting for them, i did get a letter back saying they were looking into it three days later and my cheque back. Is it worth calling them to try and speed things up a bit?

Barclays current a/c: Settled £3,413.27 :D

HSBC: Settled £753.00. :-D

MBNA (bmi): Settled £580.00. :D

Egg Card: 16/11/06 Received letter -they will not pay the £200 charges nor remove default notice.

Please click the scales if I have helped you :)

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Adrian,

That is a good amount of money! :) and the likelyhood is that you'll need to take it further with Barclays at your local court (although of course they won't appear -certainly haven't so far) so you get to claim the interest back too!

Keep going and my advice would be to keep track of everything, if you do good filing of all your documents now, it'll be easier for when you come to do your court bundle later on.

I have recently won £3400 back from Barclays and felt quite apprehensive too but then quite proud to take the big guys on ;) -and win!

Lean on suport from people on the forum. I found it a great help to shout out when I was losing confidence with it all, as someone always posted back with kind and encouraging words.

Good luck!

ok,

Update, I received my statements and totalled up my charges and am astounded to say that they add up to.... wait for it...£3800 :eek:

I cant believe it! Am busy now doing my spreadsheet (prob take me a week) a bit of reassurance would be great now guys, i'm very nervous and stunned by the amount.

Adrian

• Haha 1

Egg Card: 16/11/06 Received letter -they will not pay the £200 charges nor remove default notice.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi Adrian,

It's bee a while since I've been on the forum so just catching up now! How are things going with your claim? do you have a date for the hearing yet? things must be nearing completion by now...

Hope all's going well.

Thanks