• Tweets

• Thanks dx for your kind words. I plan to renew my season ticket and write a new begging letter as following, can I ask for any suggestion about it?   Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,   Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.   I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.   I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.   Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.   I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.   I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.    Yours sincerely,
    • You did what??? You asked them to send you the documents that without them you had  a 100% ironclad win in Court. Why on earth would you do that? As it happens in this case, there is still enough mistakes in their PCNs and the NTH to have your case cancelled. Amd it may be that not sending those documents in the first place along with the ICO complaint and the letters from Alliance themselves which would confirm by the dates on the letters may be enough to cancel it anyway. I hope you have kept their letters as evidence? The chances are that Alliance will not actually take you to Court because of their errors but you never know.  You have made so much extra work for yourself in your WS if they decide to push their luck.though. Can you please post up their letter where they give the reason why I wasn't sent with the NTH.
    • I'm not sure that I fully agree with my site team colleague above.  My understanding is that there is nothing to stop you recording but it is strictly for your own personal use.   
    • I live in a student house, with 5 tenants, unihomes is our utilities provider, who we each have a direct debit set up with and have paid each bill every month. Two letters were sent in my name by BWLegal saying I had two outstanding payments due adding up to over £3500, I have tried to contact british gas (as that is apparently our houses provider) as well as Unihomes. Nothing has helped and BWlegal are pursuing legal action if these debts are not resolved by the 1st May. What do I do? I've called Bwlegal when i bring up that the debt isnt for me and for unihomes they hang up on me. so I am stressed and do not know what to do
    • cant do either if its not in a public place or on your land. dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Natwest default

mummy2sam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok - you should have still received a 'notice of issue' from northampton if you did it via mcol. but to be honest, for the sake of a day either side, it doesn't really matter. I'm more interested in the outcome of your call to natwest! let me know.

Just got off phone from Natwest. Well that was a waste of time, they dont have details of how they come about the offer, just that and i quote "that is the offer and you either accept or decline". Charming attitude!

I thought while speaking to them i would ask them why they dated it 2nd Feb and posted 7th and i received 9th. They said "is that a problem", i said "no, however, you acknowledged my claim on 08.02. Where you waiting to see what i would do?", she said "probably".

This is getting funnier by the minute.

Also been on MCOL, nothing on there to indicate when they have to reply

:D Penny Pinching Winch :D

She would/could not tell me, she said that i would have to speak to the infamous Mr Higley. So i asked for him and guess what, he is out of the office today. I dont think he exists.

Just finished 4th cup of coffee and need to go out and do some retail therapy shopping. Being on Maternity leave is killing my hubbys bank balance, never mind, he got me in the club in the 1st place, or at least that's what he thinks!!!! I cannot wait to get back to work! I shall log on when i get back, probably after lunch.

ok then. I suppose you are going to reject the offer then or partially accept in writing explaining about the other account?

anyhow... about this default.

I'm not an expert in the court process by any means but I think it would be bad form to tag on additional elements of your claim via an N244 especially as you have not given them 'reasonable' time beforehand by including default removal on your letters.

therefore, for what it's worth, I would continue with the charges claim minus the default info until it's conclusion.

Whilst you wait, read, edit and send off the template S.10(1) notice below

Credit Management Services

NatWest Bank

Kendal Court

Ironmasters Way

Telford

TF3 4DT

Statutory Notice pursuant to Section 10 of The Data Protection Act 1998.

Account holder:

Address:

Whereas I have been customer of Natwest Bank since xxxxx for the purposes of the above mentioned accounts and whereas I consented in my contract with you to the disclosure by you of certain data to third parties, at no time did I consent and neither was it within the contemplation of the parties to the contract that I did consent to the processing by you of that data in any manner which would be unfair or inaccurate or which in any way would breach The Data Protection Act 1998.

Therefore, take notice that I require that you cease from processing within 21 days of the receipt by you of this notice or else that you do not begin to process any personal data of which I am the subject insofar as that processing involves the communication or passing of personal data of which I am the subject to any third party.

This Notice is served on the grounds that the processing or continued processing by you of the said data will be likely to affect my credit rating and my reputation and cause substantial damage and/or substantial distress to me and my family members in addition to that which has been caused to date. And that as the processing of the said data in the way referred to in this notice would violate the fourth, first and sixth principles of The Data Protection Act 1998 to do so would be unwarranted.

Signed,

Name

Dated this xth day of February, in the year two thousand and seven.”

I think that is the most sensible route to default removal.

Just read your post. You get up late (obviously dont have small children!) By the time you have made your coffee, ive had 3.

Thanks for all the advice it is really helpful

Its stupid i know, but i hate using the phone for my things, but at work i get more results by phone.

:D LOL!

I have three children all under 6. I never said that was my first coffee, and I had to fit in a 2 hour drive to work this morning! :D

:D LOL!

I have three children all under 6. I never said that was my first coffee, and I had to fit in a 2 hour drive to work this morning! :D

And heres me thinking i had a hard life??????;)

Im back.

Thanks for the letter. I suppose now i will have to keep checking my credit file to check that they have removed the default.

What happens if they do not, what would be the next step.

H

whoa..... slow down there :D

The process for default removal on it's own is long and tortuous, if you've read any of my 'life back thread' then apart from needing therapy you'll have an idea of how painful it can be!

I've just had a bit of lunch, I'm off to make another cup of coffee and I'll try to summarise the default removal process using section 10 data protection act.

but advanced warning - natwest will not remove your default without another court claim. Just writing letters won't cut it I'm afraid, but it can be done.

The main story of default removals, as told by CAG, begins really around last summer with a guy called Surly Bonds. You’ll find plenty of references to his ‘template letters’. He fired a few of us up to tackle the issue of default removals for settled debts where a contract has ended. Loads has happened since then and if you can bear with some of the light hearted nonsense posts from time to time then my ‘mission to get my life back’ thread is a reasonable record of the arguments as they developed over the Autumn & Winter.

The main conclusion so far appears to be:

1) send a notice to cease processing data because it is causing you damages and or distress

2) Wait 21 days (statutory period for the data controller to comply)

3) File a claim at court as per your rights under section 10(4).

Here are some general points, thoughts on defaults.

There are 2 types of default.

1) as defined by the Consumer Credit Act. This is a sheet of paper that must contain certain pieces of information before any creditor can take further action to recover a debt such as pass it to a DCA or similar. Other than the aggro of falling behind with payments/debts and being passed into the murky wolrd of DCAs there is no automatic link to 'defaults' on your credit reference file which currently hurt you for 6 years regardless of wether you settle the debt or not.

2) Defaults as defined by Credit Reference Agencies are markers or flags on your credit file and can be placed there by creditors, lenders etc at will without recourse to any legislation whatsoever. It is merely their view that you have 'defaulted' on some credit account. They do not have to send you a piece of paper, they don't even have to tell you about it - they just have to take reasonable steps to ensure that it is accurate.

Section 10 – Data Protection Act

Now then - S.10(1) notices are to stop data processing where it causes substantial damage and distress and that it is unwarranted etc....

let's look at section 10 in more detail to understand exactly what it is you are trying to achieve.

Quote:

10. - (1) Subject to subsection (2), an individual is entitled at any time by notice in writing to a data controller to require the data controller at the end of such period as is reasonable in the circumstances to cease, or not to begin, processing, or processing for a specified purpose or in a specified manner, any personal data in respect of which he is the data subject, on the ground that, for specified reasons-

(a) the processing of those data or their processing for that purpose or in that manner is causing or is likely to cause substantial damage or substantial distress to him or to another, and

(b) that damage or distress is or would be unwarranted.

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply-

(a) in a case where any of the conditions in paragraphs 1 to 4 of Schedule 2 is met, or

(b) in such other cases as may be prescribed by the Secretary of State by order.

(3) The data controller must within twenty-one days of receiving a notice under subsection (1) ("the data subject notice") give the individual who gave it a written notice-

(a) stating that he has complied or intends to comply with the data subject notice, or

(b) stating his reasons for regarding the data subject notice as to any extent unjustified and the extent (if any) to which he has complied or intends to comply with it.

(4) If a court is satisfied, on the application of any person who has given a notice under subsection (1) which appears to the court to be justified (or to be justified to any extent), that the data controller in question has failed to comply with the notice, the court may order him to take such steps for complying with the notice (or for complying with it to that extent) as the court thinks fit.

(5) The failure by a data subject to exercise the right conferred by subsection (1) or section 11(1) does not affect any other right conferred on him by this Part.

DO NOT CHASE THIS UP UNTIL THE 21 DAYS HAS EXPIRED.

after this period, simply exercise your right under S.10(4) and ask a court to order them to comply. They will have had their chance to explain why they haven't but it will be too late.

Make sure you can prove that a) the processing of data is causing you substantial harm (increased cost of credit etc.)

when you’re ready to file at court (after the 21 days has expired) download your N1 form here

use the following PoC

Quote:

The Claimant had account (A/C No) with Defendant from (Date) conducted on their standard terms and conditions.

It is the Claimant’s contention that:

1.The Defendant, as a data controller, is processing the Claimant's personal data without consent.

2. The Claimant sent a notice under s.10 of the Data Protection Act 1998 on 2 October 2006, requesting the Defendant to cease processing his data, on the grounds that it was causing unwarranted substantial damage and distress.

3. The damage and distress relate to the Claimant having to pay higher interest rates on credit agreements and the inability to obtain new credit arrangements or to obtain a mortgage.

4. The Defendant continues to process the Claimant's personal data through their data processors of Equifax, Experian Call Credit and any other Credit Reference agency employed by the Defendant.

5. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) An order that the Defendant ceases processing the Claimant’s data under Sections 10 (4) Of the Data Protection Act

b) Compensation at the courts discretion under s.13 of the Data Protection Act 1998

c) Court costs;

handover 150 of your finest pounds and wait. Do not contact them again!

Thanks. I think i understand that. I will send my letter today to Natwest, or do you think i should wait for the claim to finish. I would prefer to do it now while i am all fired up and also have the time. Wont have when i go back to work and will be put to the back burners so to speak!

Thanks. I think i understand that. I will send my letter today to NatWest, or do you think i should wait for the claim to finish. I would prefer to do it now while i am all fired up and also have the time. Wont have when i go back to work and will be put to the back burners so to speak!

no i'd do it now. this is a long process though!

Thanks. Just printed it out and in the envelope now. Just got to get my backside off the chair to go and post it i suppose.

Just before i do move from the chair, what are the chances of having it removed. Do you have to prove that it is damaging to family credit etc? and will i have to attend court?

that's a difficult question. I would say 50:50 chance of removing it without a court hearing.

I had a default removed from natwest shortly after issuing my n1 but that was in the summer before the banks had chance to get their act together.