I need some advice, Ive been stupid! :(

brobins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ahh well.. hindsight is a wonderfull thing!

So your saying they 'should' write the debt off but they may not and I should get a written confirmation from them just in case.. And if they havent totally written this off, can I request them to?

So I take it I am now all squared up with RBS, meaning that I dont owe them a bean and I am free to chase them up for any charges 'they' applied to the account 'before' Moorcroft bought the debt?

Again sorry for all these questions but I finally feel I am getting closure on this whole thing!! :)

To explain it in more detail...The person you spoke to would have to note on the systems that you have agreed a Full & Final and pass a bit of paper to their manager to 'credit' the account. This is not fool proof so I would definatley call them and ask for a settlement letter ( Its easily printed off just push a button literally) and hey presto ! Confirmation you have paid.

If it ever Does come back to haunt you you can provide this to experian, equifax etc and it will be enough to remove it. I would just give Moorcroft a week as it normally takes that long to update the system.

As for charges you are free to go for it!:D

Maxibon

Gonna take them for all I can and enjoy every second!:lol:

RBS Account 1- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Account 2 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Ac1- recvd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 28/12/2006

Statements recvd Account 1 on 05/01/07

LBA issued for Account 1 on 06/01/07

7 days grace being given till 09/02/07

Still no Response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on Acc 2

Breach on acc 2 DPA request

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Defense submitted 30/03/07

If you need any advice re Moorcroft just ask!! :cool:

If I have been of any help and you think I deserve it!

Please click my scales to the left and if you wish leave a comment :D

To explain it in more detail...The person you spoke to would have to note on the systems that you have agreed a Full & Final and pass a bit of paper to their manager to 'credit' the account. This is not fool proof so I would definatley call them and ask for a settlement letter ( Its easily printed off just push a button literally) and hey presto ! Confirmation you have paid.

If it ever Does come back to haunt you you can provide this to experian, equifax etc and it will be enough to remove it. I would just give Moorcroft a week as it normally takes that long to update the system.

As for charges you are free to go for it!:D

Your spot on there mate!

I just rang back and spoke to them and they explained what will happen...

I will get a letter and recipt saying I have paid X amount and I that I STILL OWE £85.xx but then a week later I will get a rectified letter saying that it has been settled etc I will definitely keep my eye on this.!

Now my next (and hopfuly final question) is should I wait a week or so to obtain my credit file from Experian to see the status of this moorcroft thing too? or do it now?

Your spot on there mate!

I just rang back and spoke to them and they explained what will happen...

I will get a letter and recipt saying I have paid X amount and I that I STILL OWE £85.xx but then a week later I will get a rectified letter saying that it has been settled etc I will definitely keep my eye on this.!

Now my next (and hopfuly final question) is should I wait a week or so to obtain my credit file from Experian to see the status of this moorcroft thing too? or do it now?

Yeah I always used to get calls like this! When it comes to the experian File Moorcroft will say they Have NOTHING to do with updating the credit file but They must do! They always used to tell us to say ' we dont do it' But when I questioned it they never really gave me a straight answer.

I would give them a week or 2 to see if they update it if not they wont do it for you...they will say you need to speak to RBS to sort it out. It sounds right to me though as Moorcroft would only receive the debt ONCE it had defaulted so they in effect would not need to touch your file to show this and I think it would be the same for updating it too.

From experience I think it may be best to get your confirmation of payment letter and then check with experian and if its still showing see if RBS will update it or fax a copy to experian yourself?;)

If I have been of use give me a click on my scales to the left!! Ta

Maxibon

Gonna take them for all I can and enjoy every second!:lol:

RBS Account 1- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Account 2 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 20/12/2006

RBS Ac1- recvd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 28/12/2006

Statements recvd Account 1 on 05/01/07

LBA issued for Account 1 on 06/01/07

7 days grace being given till 09/02/07

Still no Response to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on Acc 2

Breach on acc 2 DPA request

N1 filed acc 2 28/02/07

Acknowledged 16/03/07

Defense submitted 30/03/07

If you need any advice re Moorcroft just ask!! :cool:

If I have been of any help and you think I deserve it!

Please click my scales to the left and if you wish leave a comment :D

I would wait until you've got full confirmation from Moorcroft that they've done all they promised to do. Also I would get moving on the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request to RBS for your statement details so u can get to work on the charges - it may take them some time to action your request (there are templates in the library to help with this)

Remember if you find RBS have defaulted you then you will need to mention in your reclaim letters that you want this removing also as I said in my earlier post (dunno if you read it?)

Good luck with it all :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c