hi, new poster, quick question re closed accounts

mrs-bubbliscious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my husband and i had an Abey acocount in 2001/2002.

we got further and further into a problem mainly caused by charges and in the end our branch rang and asked for our cheque books and cashpoint cards to be returned and froze our account with an aprox 1k overdraft.

we had to pay this amount back in small sums for the next 18 months, they then closed the account.

we are wondering whether we are still eligible to claim as we cant find anything with the account number on (we have moved house and it prob got thrown away) we have looked absolutely everywhere and cant find anything at all relating to it

so my main question i suppose, is there any way we can find out our account number to start this process off? if i ring and ask, surely theyre going to know why i'm asking and refuse to give me the details, if i lie about the reason for wanting it and get caught out, would this go against me when filing any claim?

sorry to ask a lot on my first post

thanks in advance xx

Hi,

One way of getting your account details I believe would be through your direct debit set up companies e.g.utilities or any which the bank were making payment from your account just phone those companies or write to them and explain you need both account numbers for your record purposes

hope this helps