• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

EBay/Packlink lost parcel £1300- Full claim achieved through packlink

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone 

I recently found this site and used it to help me with my case.

Here is a brief break down of what happened 

- I sold something on eBay £1300

- sent it with no insurance via evri packlink 

- was emailed to say it was damaged. They will repackage it and send to the customer 

- another email saying it’s now deemed lost 

- after many emails between myself and evri I got nowhere.

Seems it was scanned into the warehouse and then disappeared when it was to be repackaged (I wonder who stole it).

I emailed the entire bored of directors in a massive complaint and got nowhere. 

- the reason I didn’t bother with packlink, they sent me £20 and said sorry and are based in Spain. 

-I used resolver.com to speak to evri as you are guaranteed a response 

- a month later with several back and fourths along the lines of, I’m going to small claims court, check your cctv, it was stolen, I don’t need insurance as this is now a theft ect still Nothing

-then one day I tried packlink again “who do I contact to raise a legal dispute” and just like that they offered me a one time settlement figure which was equal to my loss £1300  

im not sure if they just had enough of me or felt pressure from evri maybe but it can be done so persevere ! 

sorry if i missed anything  its been quite an ordeal, happy to answer any more detailed questions 

Are you going through a claim ?

I came here just to help people and to be honest your lack of please or thank you’s is not appreciated.

if you’d like me to spend an hour building out this data for you, please be more appreciative 

• dx100uk changed the title to EBay/Packlink lost parcel £1300- Full claim achieved through packlink
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I am so sorry for the long delay. 

PL gave me a full refund. I don’t really have to pursue them very hard. This is what they sent me on the final email. And the email I sent them to get this response. 

I have also reported evri to the police and the police actually visited their hub and spoke to the manager but was as far as we could take. Now I have my refund I am still considering taking evri to small claims court as they have been terrible. 

I emailed the CEO (email doesn’t work) I also emailed almost every manager and senior person at evri in one large email. So maybe they gave PL the nudge. 

I’m sorry it doesn’t let me post an image here but this is what I sent to pack link management 

“Hi Daisy,

I'll be taking legal action against this as I lost £2000 worth of product and it was stolen by evri. Do I claim against you or evri ?”

This was their response “

Santiago (Packlink eBay)

Oct 28, 2023, 09:14 GMT+2

My name is Santiago. As the Customer Service Team Leader, I respond to complaints on behalf of Packlink's Customer Service Director and Chief Executive Officer.

On behalf of Packlink, I would like to sincerely apologise for the circumstances which caused you to submit this loss claim for your parcel, but above everything, I am truly sorry for the frustration we have caused you in dealing with this matter.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your complaint and for raising your points of dissatisfaction in relation to your recent order. Let me reassure you that your disappointment with the purchased shipping services via our platform is of great concern to me and I wish to communicate to you that this e-mail demonstrates how we value you as a customer.

We fully appreciate the loss you have incurred with your parcel, wish to provide you with the clarity you seek and reassure you that we value you as a customer.

Your shipping experience is of great concern to me.

The overlooking and especially the mishandling of your case is something which I have addressed to the Escalations team of the contracted carrier of your order. I do not wish for there to be a repeat incident- however, shipping incidents can happen from time to time.

Unfortunately, no enhanced protection was purchased so you would only be liable for standard compensation.

This is clearly stated in our eBay Delivery Powered by Packlink Terms and Conditions Clause 14a Packlink's liability (whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise and howsoever arising) for the loss, theft or damage to any Goods and/or any other matter under or in connection with these Conditions shall, unless the User has chosen enhanced compensation cover as set out in Section 15

(b) be limited to £25.00 for all EVRi, Yodel and InPost delivery services (twenty five GBP), and to £60.00 for UPS, DPD and DHL delivery services (sixty GBP), whereas EVRi Postable service does not include standard compensation.

Packlink shall under no circumstances be liable to the User, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, for any loss of profit or indirect or consequential loss.

The main objective of the Customer Service team is to solve the problems encountered by the user during the transport process, from our experience, we know that not all users spend the necessary time to read the conditions, for that reason we will defend your case arguing ignorance on your part.

Please confirm that you have read the information we have previously sent you and that you understand it, once you confirm that you have no doubts about these conditions,

we will proceed to issue a payment for the remaining value of the item (1294GBP) as a gesture of goodwill.

Please note that should you make any further claims against Packlink, we will only be able to meet those claims within the limits detailed in the terms of service, which you confirm that you have read and understood.

For future reference, make sure to purchase enhanced compensation if the content value is above the standard compensation of the carrier you chose, as if you submit another claim without this insurance you will only be liable for standard compensation according to the carrier you chose to carry on the service.

Please confirm if you are willing to accept this goodwill gesture and the instructions above are understood as this goodwill gesture will only take place this one time.

Kind regards,

Santiago
CS - Team Leader
eBay Delivery powered by Packlink“

This was the email he contacted me on

[email protected]

As for evri I used revolver to get any response.

even after the police attended their hub, they still give me generic email responses, but these are the emails for the executive office, they handle major complaints that go through the exec team.

[email protected]

seems they still use EVRi emails ! 

let me know if you have any more q’s ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree, I had given up to be honest. I probably was on email 50 with PL and 150 with Evri
All of my emails before did not mention any legal terms, just asking they be very understanding. 
They had actually already given me the standard £20 compensation and closed the case. 

Do you think I should still pursue small claims against Evri ? Purely as they have been the worst in all of this, although PL compensated me, should Evri also ?

Hmmm maybe I should just take the compensation and walk away. I’m still just so angry with what they did and what they put me through. it’s quite evident and even they said it but my items disappeared once inside of the hub. This is what I found so astonishing once it was inside the hub they opened it to repackage it and then it went missing at that point. Disgusting

Over a lot of back-and-forth and then telling me the item has lost. It was damaged, all different excuses. It turned out. They actually gave me a written log of what happened to the parcel. Turns out it was damaged at some point en route to the hub once in the hub, apparently it’s standard practice for them to open your package, repackage it into evri packaging. Now they also state if it is too damaged for them to repackage, all the items might be damaged bad. They will contact you and ask if you’d like them still sent to the buyer or return back to yourself the sender. In my case, neither of these happened, turns out the log states that it entered the hub damaged. Once it was opened to be repackaged into different packaging. It disappeared and was never scanned back into the system, so I automatically played the theft card to them. They showed me they check CCTV and they couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary, but they could not track my parcel but it did go missing within their hub so not en route or anything anything like. I think they may have messed up by telling me that.

Over a lot of back-and-forth and then telling me the item has lost. It was damaged, all different excuses.

It turned out. They actually gave me a written log of what happened to the parcel. Turns out it was damaged at some point en route to the hub once in the hub, apparently it’s standard practice for them to open your package, repackage it into evri packaging.

Now they also state if it is too damaged for them to repackage, all the items might be damaged bad.

They will contact you and ask if you’d like them still sent to the buyer or return back to yourself the sender. In my case, neither of these happened, turns out the log states that it entered the hub damaged.

Once it was opened to be repackaged into different packaging. It disappeared and was never scanned back into the system, so I automatically played the theft card to them.

They showed me they check CCTV and they couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary, but they could not track my parcel but it did go missing within their hub so not en route or anything anything like.

I think they may have messed up by telling me that.

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable