• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Companies without postal address

today
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I notice that some companies do business online only with an email address but without putting forward a postal address in their website.

The question that I have is if a client of these companies is unhappy with the services or products received from these companies, how can this client take legal action against these companies if this client does not know the postal address of these companies which is necessary to issue a claim to the county court.

These companies received money from their clients so their clients should be able to procecute these company if something goes wrong

There is nothing wrong with a company using a PO Box because we can use a PO Box in a claim form if we need to issue a claim because a PO Box is a legal address with a postcode. However,  this company even not uses a PO Box because it communicates with its clients using an online form.

I cannot use the website of the Companies House to find the address of this company because only limited companies i.e. which have been incorporated are in the Companies House Website. I have done search in the Internet and I found out that it is a British publisher.

If a British publisher sells book in the UK and as a consequence receives money from its clients, their clients should be able to issue a claim to the county court if they are unhappy with the quality of the book sold or for any other reasons.

This company sold books not directly but through Amazon so it does not have a return policy. The address of a UK publisher should be somewhere maybe in an association of uk publishers but I do not know where. The HMRC  should have the address because if it receives money in the UK it should pay taxes but this should be confidential

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

The publisher is Indie Authors Press

it is British independent small press founded in 2011

I have a problem with them and not with Amazon

I would be grateful to you if you find their address

The problem that I have with them is too complicated to explain

They should be also in the UK because they are a British publisher

It more complicated than owing me money but it is irrelevant to the issue of their address

I have simply Googled their name and I found Peabody Avenue and I looked in their Facebook page and I found Belgrave Road

The full website address requested by honeybee13  is

https://vymaps.com/GB/Indie-Authors-Press-1786412618306606/

On addition to the issue of the two addreses there is also the fact that in the Internet it is stated that it is a British independent publisher founded in 2011 and in their website it is stated

LONDON | SANTIAGO | USA

Hence, they operate in these three countries

The issue is only about the address. There no need to make this thread more complicated than it needs to be.

A publisher does no need to have a physical presence in a country to publish but I found two possible addresses 

To issue a claim we do not need necessary to have the address of the headquarter of the defendant, it could suffice that we have an address with a postcode in the UK where the claim form can be sent to the Defendant. It seems to me that the two addresses in the UK that I found could serve this purpoe on condition I know whch address to use and if I have the full address

There is no contract signed between us

In the website of this company

https://www.salgado-reyes.com/about-indie-authors-press/

It is stated that it is based in the UK because it is stated

“Indie Authors Press is a family-run hybrid publisher for independent authors, based in the UK.”

So they should have an address in the UK

We can also use websites about the Electoral Roll to find the address of the owner of this company Jorge Salgado Reyes  like www.192.com  but it provides only the 100 first results and if we want to do a full search we need to pay a subscription. Hence, if a member of this forum has full access to such websites I would be grateful to this member if he found the address of this gentleman

If we look in the background of this gentleman we see that he left Chile in 1975 when he was seven to live in the UK

He runs  a publishing business, a process service business which does legal work for the British courts and a private investigation business so he should have an address in the UK.

I have looked in the website www.192.com about the Electoral Roll and I found that he should have siblings living in London.

I found nothing about him maybe because he may live outside London. Moreover, the website www.192.com provides only the 100 first results and for more we need to pay a fee

It is possible that some members are already using this service and have already paid the fee.

Moreover, there could be others websites which offer this service for free that I am not aware of

The amount of my claim is irrelevant concerning the issue of the address

Edited by today

To explain you why I want to issue a claim will take too long and will muddle the issue. Maybe in the future I will post a separate thread about this issue. itis better to proceed step by step and first it is necessary to find the address

I can pay myself the fee but I am not sure that this will give me the requested information about this address. However, other members can know how to find this address from the Electoral Roll or from somewhere else

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks