• Tweets

• LOL. after sending Perch capital a CCA request with a stapled £1 PO attached (x2) Their lapdog Legal team TM Legal have sent me two letters today saying "due to a recent payment on the account, your account is open to legal/enforcement action" so i guess they have tried to apply that payment to the account to run the statue bar along. dirty tactics lol.
    • I have initiated the breathing space so ill wait. from re reading everything this what i understand BS gives me 60 days break from the creditors during these 60 days they may contact me and will most likely default I need to wait until after a default notice to see whether the OC will keep the debt or sell it off If kept by the OC then i should attempt a plan or pay some token payment? If sold to DCA then don't pay and after 6 years it will leave my credit report once the DN is registered with a date. DCA may start a CCJ but unlikely, if they do come back here. last question, do you know roughly how long this will all take? in terms of defaults/default notice, potential CCJ? Would you say I have 12 months plus from when the BS ends?
    • Well, it's up to you. Years & years & years ago the forum used to suggest appealing to POPLA, but then AFAIK POPLA's remit was changed and it became much more biased in favour of the PPCs. One of the problems with taking that route is that the onus will fall on you to prove your appeal, while if you do nothing the onus is on MET to start legal action which experience teaches they are very, very reluctant to do. If you go down the POPLA route I would think your ace would be insufficient signage.  Are you able to go back there and get photos of their rubbish, entrapping signs?
    • The first clearly visible sign as you pull in to the car park states “McDonald’s Customers Only 60 minutes” The next clearly visible sign is an almost identical sign outside Starbucks which states “60 minutes free stay for customers only” There are other signs towards the rear of the car park (away from the outlets) that have the terms and conditions on them in very small print.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Darling 2 takes on the TSB**won**

darling1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - I am making a claim on behalf of my husband - I have just filed my own claim against the Halifax at the court this week- so I have a little knowlege already

I am just sending off the pelim. letter to lloyds TSB and I need to know if I can claim the total amount of £9604.73 in one go. I know that when I get to the N1 form at the small claims stage I will have added interst that will bring the total to about £11000.00 which will mean 3 claims!!, but at this stage and the LBA stage can I go for the whole amount??? in one go? Please help, your advice would be appreciated:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:-| thank you all -

Gary H......I am asking for £9600 + for just the one account at the lloyds TSB - doing this for my husband.

My other claim is in my name and for the Halifax, I am also about to do a claim for my son with the HSBC. It looks like a pretty bad family history, but we have a lot of kids (5) and have had a redundancy and an ex husband who refused to pay to us what was due in child maintenence, ets ets.........but we are just about out of the problems now and this money we are claiming would be absolutely fantastic to cushion us all for the future ..uni etc etc !

Question - If the court bundles all out claims for a total of £11000 (with the interest) how does this work in the small claims???

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

Thankyou for those kind words, sometimes you feel like a bit of a failure for getting in this mess!..........nothing worse than telling someone about this great site and they say "but I've never had any bank charges" ! although some one at work said that , then looked and he had about 3 a year he hadn't really worried about, then realised he could reclaim £700! he has now started action too!! Against Lloyds TSB

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for these comments -I now have an answer to my pelim letter saying it is our fault that we have all these charges and we should try harder to avoid them!- so off goes the LBA!

:o I am now sending the LBA - I have decided that I will make 1 claim for the full amount (over 9K) as I have read all your advice and feel that if I split the claim into 3 as I will need to do when the interest is added it will go on all year (if it is done in a 3 claims months apart) or it will be bundled together as you have advised may happen, it will then be a bigger than small claims. So I am now worried sick - will the charges only be up to £750 if I go on the "fast track" ? No more?? And do I still use all the paperwork NI from the small claims pack that I have?

JUST TO SAY - YESTERDAY I WON AGAINST THE HALIFAX!!!! YEP! SO I AM FEELING ALTERNATELY OVER THE MOON - SMUG - DETERMINED AGAIST THE LTSB AND WORRIED ABOUT THE LTSB CLAIM!!! STILL HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO US! and to you all on this site!

:oops: thank you GaryH - you are a star. I am just worrying! When I said "charges" in my last post I did mean costs. But my husband for whom I am doing (its his LTSB account) this for is making me nervous by not understanding fully what this is all about! he is not fully informed, and is saying what if ..... he thinks I am going to loose the £750, costs. I feel confident I wont, I did read the last post you sent again, me very thoroughly, earlier today and I was pretty sure of what you meant, but nice to have you reasure me! Right off to post the LBA by recorderd delivery , how long shall I give them to reply, as there is 3 bank holidays, shall I be generous and give them 17days on stead of 14 HA, sue

as its christmas and there are 3 days of BANK (!) HOLIDAYS ha ha, does that mean that I should give them 3 more days to reply to my LBA. letter is dated the 21st, but was sent yesterday and the Post Office said it will now not go till the 27th, its 1st class recorded. I thought as royal mail actually starts delivering on the 27th, 14 days after that ??? 10th Jan 2007 .

Also I noticed on a different bank forum (halifax) someone comment that if you talk to someone in the custer services team you can ofter settle at the LBA stage? as the LTSB as helpful, im rather looking forward to having the extra in interest!!! nearly 1.5k!! but maybe that is being greedy and taking unnecessary risks?

thanks for that GaryH I wont bother to phone them then -you are continuing to be very helpful, I read all your threads today and I am quite worried about the LTSB being a difficult nut to crack! but I wont be giving up, Sue. Merry Christmas to you

• 2 weeks later...

help - I have just found that the on line calculator is stuck on 2006! I NEED to use it !! have to put in a claim at court on the 10th jan 2007!! I have always had a problem using my user name and pass word - so cannot contact the powers that be for help - can anyone help me???

on line calculator is still on 2006 - can anyone help???;)

bump

please can anyone help me?? I am not the greatest computer user and I am haveing immence difficulty with using the online calculator

1. It is stuck in 2006

2. I tried to back date all my dates by 10 days (to go up to the 10th Jan)

thenthought I should have done them 10 forwards! - now just confused

3. tried the calculator sugested by zoot and got £5.98 charge and now they owe me £1400 ish! great amount - but not very true, must be doing something wrong, can anyone fix the online calculator???

4. this is supposed to be at the court tomorrow and I don't want to get it wrong! ******PLEASE HELP******

On the very last day that LTSB had to reply to the LBA they sent a really patronising letter,saying they are sorry I am still not happy about my account charges!! explaining how we can avoid charges in the future blah blah blah...

They also put & I QUOTE "generally we don't agree to adjust these charges, but I can tell you that on this occaision we are prepared to reduce the charges by repaying you £750.00. You may have read that we and the other banks are discussing overdraft charges with the office of fair traiding. Meanwhile we do consider each customer's position individually, and we are making you this offer as a gesture of goodwill because we might face that cost in dealing with your complaint if you took it further"

They have not asked for any responce from us and have not said that it is a full and final settlement etc. there is nothing for us to sign, so will the £750.00 just be put into our account? Do we respond?

I am about to put in the court papers, do I adjust the papers ( we havn't actually got the money yet) or do I just go ahead with time scale and ignore this and sort it out when we come to the court, or settlement time?

Bump

Thank you for that Gary! All done and posted! Now to get that claim in to the court.

I am absolutely scared stiff - because I am going to court asking for £9000 - plus interest. And it will not be going through the small claims court. I have listened to your earlier advise and I am trying to convince myself they may pay up -even slightly easier because they will have to make a disclosure before it comes to the court, So I am trying hard to be brave!! But I am not sleeping well!!

Has anyone else won a larger claim against the LTSB?? and at what stage?

have just worked out my claim total with interest is £11385.70:| sacry as I am not going through the small claim track,

Please can anyone tell me if anyone else has claimed such a large amount and won against the LTSB and at what stage - befor I loose my bottle??:shock:

bump

thanks for that gary, its a scary time, Am I ok to use the N1 form and at at what point do I tell them I want to go through the small claim track? Fletch101 has given me a letter from the libruary to use to say as much. so I am going to hand this in with my N1 tomorrow, hope this is right.

Even though I have already won aginst the Halifax this is for a large amount, I have now taken some deep breaths and I WILL get it right!

• Haha 1

Thanks for that, So I shall take in my claim in the morning, just as I did when I took on the Halifax (and Won - she adds again proudly!!) using the N1 form and 3 copied of everything -

Thank you you are all so helpful

Please can anyone out there give me some advise?:confused:

I have already been given an opinion on another thread, but I would welcome any other comments....

We got the letter saying they would give us £750.00, we checked the bank - money not in yet, wrote a letter saying thanks - but we will press ahead anyway and will stick to our own time scales thanks...(as above from GaryH) meanwhile - I when to the court and filed the claim.....at that time my husband had called the bank and the money was already in..I did not know this, now it seems I have made a claim for the wrong amount, as I have not taken the £750. from the claimed amount, The money has gone into a very overdrawn account and has "dissapeared" along with all the other bank charges they have been making, and although our balance is better than it was, the money is not untouched.

I have worked out how much they will owe me after taking off the £750 and the £22.32 interest on those charges, What shall I do about it?

1. Do I make an ammendment? and when? and how?

2. Do I just wait untill they contest the amount?

3. Do I just wait untill court?

4. Also I forgot to charge them for the £10.00 fee for the copy statements and the recorded delivery charges! Should I do that when and if I ammend the N1:confused: Please help me!!

Thanks GuidoT, I am kinda hoping that this will be the case!

Not that I dont totally respect and regard your comment :grin: where did you get that advice from ?

I would love it to be the right answer, but on another thread belonging to someone else (who's name escapes me) I was told to pay up the £35.00 because we knew the money was there, Although I have to say it was well ooutside the time scaae I gave them...LTSB are real B*gg*rs arn't they, They do all they can to stick spanners in the works and confuse the issue, If it goes to court , or if they agree a sum I will of couse deduct the 750 + the interest on it

Any one else with zee comment??!

Thanks GaryH - is there a letter template that I could use? Could you suggest one? when do you send it to the court.....Now or later?

Thank you for your advice, I will follow instructions................Sue:p

Bump - I have pm GaryH for an opinion - but anyone else please help!;)

Thanks GuidoT and GaryH - Thank you both for your fine opinions - GuidoT hope I havn't offended, I am being very very cautious (insert the word scared here if prefered!), as last year I was taken to the small claims court by my sons Playgroup (yes I know - how did I manage that one!!!) I was told by the owner that she was not prepared to put up with his behaviour - he was only 3 1/2 yrs old etc etc...so I took him out and placed him in a new school... Not giving the required notice because of the circumstances. Now, I had never signed a contract and had never been told how long to give, But the Judge slammed into me, kept refering to the understanding that everyone else but me knew about the notice - I dont know now he knew that, there was no evidence before the court and no contract that had been signed or acknowleged by me" ...I was made to look a total fool and although I know I had the moral high ground, he didn't give a damn, didn't want to hear a peep from us, My husband was also sued although he had never had anything to do with the negotiations, I was so angry I had to drive to Porsmouth that night and shout at the moon!!!!

So after that experience I am very very worried it will go into the court and I will meet that judge again.

Hope I did not offend - I would hate to do that:p

Thank you I shall write and notify the court of the payment £750. immediately. Thanks again for our help. Heres hoping I will not need to go to Portsmouth ro shout at the moon ever again!! (pls see #51)