Being chased by debt collectors for a vet's bill

T C B
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, I think it will be helpful if you simply lay out the entire story in a bullet pointed chronology.

If you want good and detailed advice then you have to give us a reasonably detailed account so that we don't have to ask any questions

I'm sorry, but that's really still not a very understandable story. You are simply abbreviating things.

We asked for a bullet pointed chronology – and that's probably what we need. Just as an example, when you first laid out the story, it sounded as if you are dealing with an energy company. Now it seems that when dealing with a vet.

You don't need to make this hard work for yourself or for us.

Please just lay out a bullet pointed chronology of events from the beginning to the end. Not too much narrative

10 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

i was gonna say i bet this is a vets bill

it's ACT's favourite food ...

😃😄😄

A utility company is certainly a service provider and they are generally treated as such by courts, regulators et cetera.

Please don't be vague about any details that you give us if you want help.

Were the advice we give here is free of charge – and it is generally speaking excellent advice and we help thousands of people, you should treat it as if you are paying £300 an hour for it and that means your best to help us so that we can help you solve your problems quickly and efficiently

• I agree 1

• BankFodder changed the title to Being chased by debt collectors for a vet's bill

And to add to my site team colleague' s advice above, if you phoned the vet, they may well say that it is out of their hands now and with a debt collection agency. Insist that it is with them and if they maintain their position then it is probably worth writing to them to confirm that you asked them for details and that they refused.

It's a good idea to develop a paper trail – especially where they are acting unreasonably and refusing basic information such as an account. You could also serve them with an SAR which will compel them to provide you all the information you want

Please keep us updated