DWP Complience Interview

BIGLOUIS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I claim housing benefit, CT and DLA. I am mobility impaired/housebound and also suffer agorophobia and panic attacks.

Back in April I got a message to go to a compliance interview at local jobcenter about my HB. I wrote to explain that I am mobility impaired and suffer agoraphobia if I leave the house. I only go out to essential medical appointments.

The letter asked if there had been any change of circumstances I had not reported to the local council. If so I was to discuss it with them. On examining my paperwork from with local council I discovered that they did not receive the statement I believed I had sent regarding a new occupational pension. I quickly sent them the paperwork, they recalculated my entitlement and I had to pay back an over payment of about £300 which I have now done.

I was unable to reach him by phone (always voicemail) wrote to the compliance officer explaining all this and holding up my hands that I had been careless. I emphasized that I was too ill to attend an interview in a busy jobcenter. I sent all the paperwork they asked for and a full explanation. I emphasized that having to attend such an interview would probably bring on a full panic attack. I also emphasized that there was really no point as I had squared matters with the local council and the overpayment had been repaid. In due course the docs were returned and I heard nothing more. Obviously I thought I had heard the last of it.

Ive just received an identical letter asking me to go to a different job center- this time further away. I am pretty upset because there have been no other changes of circumstances I have not reported. I though this was all put to bed 6 months ago but obviously someone forgot to put a tick in the appropriate box.

In my previous letter I said I was willing to do a phone interview or a home visit but I never got an actual reply - just my docs returned.

Ive tried ringing the number on the letter but it just goes to voicemail. I dont really want to talk to anyone on the phone as I am apt to panic in these circumstances.

I am inclined to more or less write the same letter – emphasizing the risk to my health – and enclosing my previous letter which explained the circumstances of why and how I repaid the overpayment. I have a friend who says he can drop it in at the jobcenter so they cannot claim I did not contact them.

Edited by BIGLOUIS

Ive already drafted a letter saying that I believe they were given the relevant documents and information last time so I can see no point in being put into a situation which will damage my health. Ive stressed my mobility issues and lack of transport and also offered to do a phone interview if they simply want to hash over old ground.  This just sounds to me like some jobsworth. And why a totally different office from last time? This one is even further away than the previous one they wanted me to visit.

I phoned up the office just now and asked about the reason for the letter. The poster who said it might not have anything to do with my pension was correct - it concerns another issue which I was able to explain. The compliance officer was very nice and because of my mobility and agorophobia issues has swapped it to a phone interview at the same time. Because he explained to me what it was about I will have time to assemble certain documents before hand.  I can look through them and anticipate what he is likely to ask. I also told him I was happy to send him by post anything he wanted to see in person.

• Like 1