Mikeyboy v Nationwide

Mikeyboy99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HELP! PLEASE!

Im not one to believe in coincidence, 7 days after my prelim was sent, Nationwide have today frozen my account. Its payday for both me and my wife and they have completely shafted us. We owe them £2500 on a different account, and they say its because of this, and they wont allow access to our money unless we pay the £2.5k.

Can they legally do this??

No notice whatsoever, first I knew was when my card was retained this morning. I have been in correspondence with them, but they are now denying speaking to me or receiving letters - even though I have exact dates and times of conversations, plus I e-mail them copies of letters and I have the replies acknowledging receipt.

Are you claiming charges for the other account, the one that you owe £2.5k on...in other words, is that account in dispute?

Edited: just read your previous posts - have you sent the prelim letter against both accounts or just this one that they have placed on stop?

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Absolute b******s. I have spent all day trying to reason with them i.e I really do need to pay my mortgage, and it would be nice to eat occasionally between now and Christmas, but to no avail. They very kindly said either I agree to them taking £1900 today, or they would freeze the account for a further 14 days and then take it anyway!

Thanks Nationwide.

Did you allow them to take the money yesterday?

I thought they had issued a CCJ for the 2.5k? Did you defend that?

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

I had no choice but to let them, they absolutely refused to negotiate. They have my money and are refusing to part with it, even though I don't now owe them a single penny, they are denying me access to the funds in the account. I should probably be charging them, and adding interest!!

I may have misled you over the summons, they didn't actually issue it, just threatened to, and I really believed it was going to be their next step - I was just trying to prepare myself.

Just to add insult to injury, and I know this might not really be relevant but writing it down helps get it off my chest, Nationwide have now unfrozen my account having taken their pound of flesh - which is nice. So I asked very nicely in the branch to withdraw some money, seeing as though my card was retained yesterday, to be told not without a driving licence or passport as identification!

They are surely having a laugh. Without identification yesterday, I was able to sit in the branch discussing my account for over 2 hours. Without identification I was also able to cancel all my direct debits and standing orders - something I had to do because they were all going to bounce today, and no doubt I would have been charged £30 a time for the pleasure! AAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHH!