Slade1 reporting for duty...sorry I'm late

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, this is my first post on here but I'm at a fairly advanced stage, I have sent an initial letter to ask for my charges back (£2,130), I have received an offer of £595 (which I turned down) and I am now about to start court proceedings as I have received no reply.

I am claiming the money back off of Barclays, have I followed the correct procedure thus far?

sounds fine to me, assuming you have waited a full 28 days between the first letter and court action, with a Letter Before Action inbetween.

Welcome to the ranks - we'll make a captain out of you yet!!

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

Oh yeah, first letter was sent in August. I also sent a chaser in september. I subsequently found out that the Customer relations dept of my bank was still writing to my old address (even though I changed it when I moved), I received the offer of £595 2 weeks after they had sent it, and I sent the letter telling them to stick their offer on the 1st October.

Capt. eh? I like the sound of that...

This is what I sent, does it count?

Dear Ms Frimet,

First of all please could you ensure that all future correspondence is sent to the correct address (as shown above). I moved on the 4th August and I have changed my address with the bank.

I belatedly received your letter of 19th September, offering me a ‘goodwill gesture’ of £595 towards the total amount that I am owed. I am writing to inform you that I do not accept this offer and would ask you again to refund the amount of £2,130 that you have unlawfully taken from me over the last 6 years.

Please repay the money owed in full within 14 days. If this is not done, I will begin legal proceedings for the full amount, plus interest and my costs, without further notice.

Hi Slade, welcome to the forum.

Will you please start your own thread in the Barclays Bank Forum and use that to post any questions and progress reports.

You will get a better response than here in the Newbie Welcome forum.

Good luck with your claim.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....