Redundancy while on PHI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Has anyone had experience of being made redundant while in recipt of PHI?

The situation is a mass redundancy due to office changing location (over 500 staff)

I am on PHI until i no longer meet criteria (death, employment ending, get better ect)

I have been told i will be getting a compromise agreement and am awaiting this now.

my question is, because i am losing my benefit will they give me a settlement (lump sum) on top of my redundancy (im not being greedy but i know i will not be fit for work for a long time)

any help would be great

Firstly - get a good solicitor. Not an outfit who will just sign the Agreement and not advise you on the PHI Policy. I can't stress how important it is in a situation like this.

The CA may well cover a lump sum under PHI too. But similarly they may try and pull a fast one and pay you much less than its worth - hence needing a solicitor to review both the CA terms and the PHI Policy.

We had a client who secured an additional £200,000 to what was originally offered under the CA once - I'm not saying you'll be in for a windfall and indeed you may only have a low claim, but because of this one result we saw, I always strongly suggest taking detailed advice!

Edited by citizenB

thank you, I have struggled to find a solicitor whom can deal with this situation, could you recommend anyone?

Losing my PHI means I lose out on £180,000 roughly (up until I turn 60)

Thanks

thank you, I have struggled to find a solicitor whom can deal with this situation, could you recommend anyone?

Thanks

Hi, [commercial link edited].

Essentially the agreement is down to you to negotiate so as you've said you are aware of your losses, obviously I'm not sure you'll get it all but you will get a good sum I'd hope.

Remember they're confidential so don't discuss with colleagues.

Edited by honeybee13
Link removed.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Thanks

I believe it's against forum rules to recommend anyone specific, but just be wary of who you do choose. Search for a firm with a reasonably sized employment department. And make sure when you call them you get a quote specifically for both the CA and the PHI work, and make clear that you need a full analysis of the strength and value of the claim before you sign the CA. To give you an idea of cost, ballpark £1,000 from start to finish would be about right, but It depends very much on how much negotiation is required.

If a solicitor quotes you £250 plus VAT, they won't be doing the job you want. That would only be enough to sign the CA. So just be wary of who you pick.