Confussed

hunters
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Guys am new to this and have been looking through the information for a few weeks now and have finally got the courage to stand up to the RBOS and claim my charges back. However I just want to make sure I am doing it the right way and wonder if anyone could help me???? First of all I have about £1300 worth of charges alone so do I need to break this down into 2 claims so that each one is under £750 as I am claiming in Scotland? Secondly can I only claim for charges or do I need to claim interest on these charges as well? and thirdly if I need to claim interest do I claim my current contractual interest or the 8%? Am sure this is all basic stuff but i'd just like to be 100% sure before I send anything off to the bank.

Welcome to "the club".

Firstly, you can go for the whole lot at once under "summary cause" procedure - that limit is at £1500 and the forms/ procedure is almost identical. The main difference is that should the bank defend at court and win, then you may be liable for their legal costs. That said, no-one has had to go that far so the risk is minimal.

Secondly, only claim for charges up to LBA stage. It is once you file a court claim that you include interest and court fees etc. This is usually 8% although some people are trying for contractual rate (approx 29%). This is a bit more difficult to quantify and prove - but a couple of people have been successful.

Hope this helps.

J

1/9/06 RBS claim #1

8/11/06 - claim settled

17/11 claim #2 started - incl creditcard

30/11 - CC statements received

31/11 - Prelims issued - RBS paying up, only M/C to go)

If any of my advice/ info has been helpful, please click the scales:D

Please also remember that any advice is given from my own experience and in good faith as a lay person. If in doubt, please contact a qualified professional:)