Hello everyone, new to this! I have issues!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

What a site this is! Am telling everyone to check it out!

I am currently trying to get charges back from Nationwide, but I have a few queries which will determine how I proceed.

I have 2 a/c's with N'wide and charges before any interest total just over £2600! 1 is a sole a/c and the other is a joint account with my wife.

Is it best to request the whole lot in one go or should I be doing this as 2 claims? 1 for each account.

My sole account is now unused and is o/d by approx £350, mostly charges caused by their incompetence, not mine. They have since sent a letter requesting I pay these back or they will default me, which I think is not allowed under the banking code, as I have disputed the fees caused by their incompetence already. The o/d was caused by their failure to cancel all dd's and so's at my request. So I am waiting for a reply to my query, which as yet I have not received. Am I right?? Is this illegal??

And this is before I send my prelim letter asking for the unfair charges!!!

Any advice on this would be greatfully received.

NATIONWIDE

DPA S.A.R sent 18/9/2006

received by N'wide 21/9/2006

Statements rec'd 14/10/2006:D

Hi Wizzer

Welcome to the site, i notice you haven't mad your self a v's thread in the main section.

there many other issues on the site with good advice.

If you have trouble getting around.

click the consumer action group at the top left of this blue section it will take you to the main menu.

you can also find the nationwide section at the base of this post under the "list of banks" link.

I would think you need to go for 2 claims as the joint account needs 2 signatures so is a seperate issue. The rest of the answers can be found around the site as you read trhough other threads. The information uncovered when readng is vast and essential.

Good luck in what every you are doing.

And pop in the bear Garden for some laughs.

BL:)

Hello everyone.

What a site this is! Am telling everyone to check it out!

I am currently trying to get charges back from Nationwide, but I have a few queries which will determine how I proceed.

I have 2 a/c's with N'wide and charges before any interest total just over £2600! 1 is a sole a/c and the other is a joint account with my wife.

Is it best to request the whole lot in one go or should I be doing this as 2 claims? 1 for each account.

My sole account is now unused and is o/d by approx £350, mostly charges caused by their incompetence, not mine. They have since sent a letter requesting I pay these back or they will default me, which I think is not allowed under the banking code, as I have disputed the fees caused by their incompetence already. The o/d was caused by their failure to cancel all dd's and so's at my request. So I am waiting for a reply to my query, which as yet I have not received. Am I right?? Is this illegal??

And this is before I send my prelim letter asking for the unfair charges!!!

Any advice on this would be greatfully received.

Read the banking code link below. S13 / 6 refers to accounts in dispute

http://www.bankingcode.org.uk/pdfdocs/BANKING%20CODE.pdf

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500