Contribution to Income Based ESA or Not

eraser41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I received a letter at the beginning of last month telling me my contribution based esa was due to expire after 365 days at the beginning of April. I phoned and asked for a form to be considered for income based esa (which as far as I can tell, being single and with no savings, I would be able to get).

Needless to say, despite a second phone call, the form (which I presume to be the ESA3) hasn't arrived with me. It's now three weeks until my contribution based ESA expires and I am getting, to put it mildly, a bit tense about this. Can anyone offer any advice? Will I be moved automatically onto income based esa when contribution based esa expires? I can't remember if the initial claim form for contribution based esa covered the relevant areas. Or do I somehow have to get hold of the ESA3 form, despite the fact that it seems to be impossible to get sent a copy?

Grateful for any advice, thanks.

:eraser41:

Here's hoping you've the technology to download and print the copy at #8 of;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?379103-ESA-problems-have-disrupted-council-tax-benefit-husband-terminally-ill

Expiry of contribution based employment n support allowance counts as a change of circumstances. Jobcentreplus should process an ESA3 within 10 - 15 working days.

Regards, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

:worried33:

Err ...... Did Jobcentreplus say why not?

(Apart from their contract with the printers)

I've downloaded a copy, from CAG, which got processed successfully.

Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

... I dont know why the jobcentre sent me a GL24 I very precisely told them its an ESA3 I needed.

So you could appeal their decision to send you the wrong form. :D

(Sorry, couldn't resist ...)

Cheers, guys. The ESA3 form has finally arrived, it's quite a tome. I'm going to make sure I sent it back this week, as I expect it'll take a couple of weeks for them to process it, and I wonder if I should ignore the brown second class postage envelope they've provided and send it special delivery, meaning it stands a reasonable chance of arriving with them.