notax, provisional, not notified DVLA of change of address

bluebottomedfly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just wondering if you can help.

15 years ago my husband was banned from driving and told he has to take an extended driving test.

5 years ago he got a provisional license and bought a car in anticipation of passing his test.

However he failed the test and was going to sell the car but we were so busy moving house w didnt get round to it, the tax ran out and the police took the car without speaking to us.

He never informed the DVLA that we moved and have heared nothing since.

He now wants to try his test again so he wants to tell the DVLA we have moved and get his provisional updated.

But Im worried it wont be straight forward.

Anyone know what is likely to happen?

He'll need a completely new provisional licence as they expire after two years. Since his ban is well in the past, and the untaxed vehicle is nothing to do with a driving licence (not an endorsable offence), there should be no problem.

Good luck for the driving lessons and test, and drive safely.

He'll need a completely new provisional licence as they expire after two years.

No they don't. He needs to check the photo part is still in date (it normally lasts 10 years), if so, he can carry on taking lessons.

I stand corrected (they possibly used to expire but I've checked and crem is correct) - you should definitely check the dates for the photo and Category B provisional entitlement, to be on the safe side!

I stand corrected (they possibly used to expire but I've checked and crem is correct) -

I think what you might have confused it with marmaris is that when you pass your practical test, if you do not update your provisional to a full licence within 2 years, it expires and you need to retake your driving test.

This rarely happens now as the examiner offers to send your provisional away automatically at the end of your test so you can't "forget" to do it.