incorrect details sent to bank - HELP

anita kane
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just realised after reviewing all my paperwork that I have claimed the wrong amount from smile I have stupidly calculated interest at 8% which I now realise to be incorrect.

I have sent my final letter to smile asking for £2300 plus interest which put the claim over £3k they secured messgaed me to say I would have a reply by 2nd oct, no reply rec'd and although I have secure messaged them twice since the 2nd I have still not heard anything.

I want to enter a mcol but should I send them a letter saying realise mistake I have made and give them another 7 days to cough up?

Be really grateful for any advice

Guest ian cognito

The mcol claim will be the same as you have claimed from them anyway as it would include the 8% interest, if they make you an offer in the meantime (which I think Smile have been known to do, they will deduct the 8% off it and just offer the charges (or a portion of them) .

Think I would send them another message saying you are filing a claim for the full amount including the ineterst but are williing to accept XXXX in settlement which is the figure minus the interest.

Before you go any further, make sure you do plenty of reading, you really need to know what you're doing before filing your claim with the court.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Anita Kane. stop what you are doing and read this:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/announcement-center-bankfodder-very-sick.html

If anybody wants help from this site it is important that you know what you are doing first.

Dumb questions are easier to handle than dumb mistakes!

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya!:grin:

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)