• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

More perfect homes harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi im new on here, just been reading all the comments about perfect homes, im having the same prob they hav just knocked this mornin ( the 'woman' manager) demanding a payment of £51 or the goods to be taken away like she could carry the 50" tele not lol but i have only missed last wks payment due to my lil son bein in hosp last wk but i did ring the washington galleries store on wed to tell them why as got the 'late payment' letter and i said il pay all upto date nxt wk she sed shel speak to the manager and get bk intouch but they didnt even ring me just knocked at 9.20am this morning.

She sed i have to pay £21.50 for last wk but would still leave me behind this wk which i havnt got, im on i/s n get my money every 2wks and have not missed a payment till now.

I would like some advise pls if i have to pay this today or just wait till nxt wk n pay upto-date?

Il have to borrow the money today if they want it as im a single mam n dont have that amount what they r asking for.

Many Thanks :)

Hi and welcome to CAG. I have moved your post from the end of an existing one so that you don't get missed.

The best advice I can give is to have a read around this forum and base your responses on what others have done. You should be aware that they cannot cross your threshold without a court order and if they try it, call the police.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ok n thank u for yr quick reply.

Il just pay the £21.50 then they are off my back till nxt wk! Lol

Are they allowed to take my payment at my door?

As i think she is ringing & ringing my mobile but im not answering if she wants the money she can come and get it here at home lol. :)

So long as you get an official receipt, I can't see an issue with paying at the door. I doubt she will though

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi just to update my ph, well that silly little woman has knocked twice more at my home demanding shes taking my tele nd that i havnt even paid for it which isnt true it was buy in march nd pay in april the date was 14th april and i paid £60 on the 13th april, she threatened me with the police as it was 'theft' as no payment has even been made i asked her so wot have i been payin £60 a fortnight for? She replied i dont knw! Emg i was foaming!

So i told her go back to the store and i want every penny ive paid on paper and il get my bank statement and agreement to prove i hav paid my payments i also rang the police to get advice they said she cannot remove the tele without a court order ( which uz hav advised me already thank u :)) and they would not entertain her if she rang them as its a civil matter.

I have just rang the washington galleries store n spoke to the store manager she was quite nice and i explained about that silly woman at my door and its a disgrace that they think its acceptable for them to treat us lyk this when its defo not.

So ive now paid upto date as i told them a wk ago but told her il have the tele took back if this happens again.

:)

Good for you for sticking up for your rights. I still would follow this up in writing and sent recorded delivery so they cannot deny they didn't receive the letter. I would also report them to Trading Standards.

Too many times we see this abuse happen (not just Perfect Homes) and they need pulling up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys im new on here and although im not and never have been a customer of perfect home, i do have a very close friend who manages one of their stores. Not long after he started to work for PH he was telling me about their protocol with regards to chasing payment's and how he didn't like the aggressive way in which he was instructed to collect payment's. He told me that if anyone failed to pay he had to enter into their homes and remove the goods with full knowledge that this is not legal without a court order. I then asked him a hypothetical question "What could you do if i bought a big TV and settee from PH and then refused to pay" He replied, "absolutley nothing, the police are not interested and the court;s will not implement an order of any kind"

So basically the only thing PH can do is make idol threats to often financially vulnerable people and use scare tactics to bully folk into paying for their ridiculously expensive tat, i mean goods.

Hope this helps to de-stress anyone who may be worried about these robbers ;0)

Please help, Lots of problems with Perfect home, initially bought a Ps3 and spent 3 months rectifiying the salespersons mistakes, only to be dragged into another contract for a new tv, endless promises which went unfulfilled, after only having the tv for 2 weeks, we were offered a new property and decided to move, in the middle of moving my diasbled son was hospitalised and everything else went out of my head, so I did not get chance to contact anyone to say I had moved let alone PH, I was at home in between coming back from the hospital to get some more things for my son and to freshen up after being back and forward to the hospital for the last 3 weeks, There was a knock on the door to which my partner answered only for it to be the Finance team from perfect home to collect the goods, on calling the store I was informed that if I came into the store and paid the 3 weeks outstanding then the situation would be resolved, so I told the finance team at the door this and was informed that was not good enough and they either came in to get the goods or the police would be called and it would be taken anyway, when asked why I had just agreed this with the person instore and then told that wasnt the case, I asked why not and was informed that this person was the store manager and they wanted the goods back, as I had commited fraud and obtained goods by deceit, even after offeeing to show all of the paperwork from my son being in hospitall I was informed listen love you can do this the easy way or the hard way, so when I asked him to explain what he meant, I was told, we have called the police and they will gain access anyway, so instead of embarressing myself in front of my neighbours anymore to just go and get the item before the police came, with this I said I would wait for the police and explain the situation to them, I then returned inside and closed the door, only for the manager to call my phone from outside the door and be told that it was coming out the house either the easy wayo r the hard way, if I wanted the hard way that was fine and they would await the police, whilst waiting for the police to arrive, the manager continued to bang and shout through my front door, even though I had already been out and siad that I would await the police, this was continues for the next 1 and a half hours, to which the police then arrived, as soon as they arrived I went out to speak to the officers and was told by the store manager that they didnt care about my excuses even tough I had offered to pay the outstanding 3 weeks payment to them there and then or to go into the store in the morning, I was called a liar and a thief,the police then said that they were well within thier rights ot do this and to just let them take the tv??, where do I stand on this matter as I am very still shaking form this ordeal and was more than courtious to both the manager and the police as well as already being traeted badly in the past and having to rectify problemd caused by them in the past.

• 4 weeks later...
Please help, Lots of problems with Perfect home, initially bought a Ps3 and spent 3 months rectifiying the salespersons mistakes, only to be dragged into another contract for a new tv, endless promises which went unfulfilled, after only having the tv for 2 weeks, we were offered a new property and decided to move, in the middle of moving my diasbled son was hospitalised and everything else went out of my head, so I did not get chance to contact anyone to say I had moved let alone PH, I was at home in between coming back from the hospital to get some more things for my son and to freshen up after being back and forward to the hospital for the last 3 weeks, There was a knock on the door to which my partner answered only for it to be the Finance team from perfect home to collect the goods, on calling the store I was informed that if I came into the store and paid the 3 weeks outstanding then the situation would be resolved, so I told the finance team at the door this and was informed that was not good enough and they either came in to get the goods or the police would be called and it would be taken anyway, when asked why I had just agreed this with the person instore and then told that wasnt the case, I asked why not and was informed that this person was the store manager and they wanted the goods back, as I had commited fraud and obtained goods by deceit, even after offeeing to show all of the paperwork from my son being in hospitall I was informed listen love you can do this the easy way or the hard way, so when I asked him to explain what he meant, I was told, we have called the police and they will gain access anyway, so instead of embarressing myself in front of my neighbours anymore to just go and get the item before the police came, with this I said I would wait for the police and explain the situation to them, I then returned inside and closed the door, only for the manager to call my phone from outside the door and be told that it was coming out the house either the easy wayo r the hard way, if I wanted the hard way that was fine and they would await the police, whilst waiting for the police to arrive, the manager continued to bang and shout through my front door, even though I had already been out and siad that I would await the police, this was continues for the next 1 and a half hours, to which the police then arrived, as soon as they arrived I went out to speak to the officers and was told by the store manager that they didnt care about my excuses even tough I had offered to pay the outstanding 3 weeks payment to them there and then or to go into the store in the morning, I was called a liar and a thief,the police then said that they were well within thier rights ot do this and to just let them take the tv??, where do I stand on this matter as I am very still shaking form this ordeal and was more than courtious to both the manager and the police as well as already being traeted badly in the past and having to rectify problemd caused by them in the past.

Hi there vican,

Unfortunately alot of this is being seen at the moment and I apologise for the slow reply!

Firstly I would just like you to know, that you did no wrong so do not panic.

I need to know, how long have you actually had the TV now and how long is your contract with PH.

Secondly both the police and PH have done wrong, so I need to know who the police are who operate within your area.

Once ive got these details I can help you along the right path of dealing with this :-)

Lefty Jnr

hi,

i have recently had ph at my home, the first time the went around the back of our appartment n looked and knocked on my 17 yr old daughters window while she was getting dressed, the second time they knocked they put there finger over the spy hole on my door so noone cus see who it was, so i opened the door and they threatened me with removing my goods, am i right to ask them for a court order as my daughter is devastated as she was raped 2 yrs ago xx

hi,

i have recently had ph at my home, the first time the went around the back of our appartment n looked and knocked on my 17 yr old daughters window while she was getting dressed, the second time they knocked they put there finger over the spy hole on my door so noone cus see who it was, so i opened the door and they threatened me with removing my goods, am i right to ask them for a court order as my daughter is devastated as she was raped 2 yrs ago xx

Hi there Joanne

I apologise if my reply does not go into extreme detail as I am currently on my mobile but if needed I will be at a computer tomorrow morning.

Let me tell you, PH have no right to enter your home and attempt to retrieve goods whatsoever. They need a court order to retrieve the goods from you, and if they don't have one can ONLY take goods with your consent. When I get onto the computer tomorrow I will forward you a letter which you will need to promptly send to PH and I recommend recorded delivery so you can see when it was signed for, please also keep a copy for your records. After you have sent this letter PH can no longer call at your address without making an appointment (Which if they attempt to, it would be in your best interests to duly decline).

Also please note, if you have paid a 3rd of the amount of the price of the goods, they then become "protected goods" which means they HAVE to obtain a court order to retrieve them and if they retrieve them without a court order, you have every right for a refund of all the money you have paid so far.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask, I'm here to help.

I'd also very sad to hear about your daughters ordeal and situations like this never help. I send my apologies.

Lefty Jnr

thank you for replyin so quickly, my only problem is i dnt have a printer.

i was goin to go to my local cab in the mornin as they sed to me if there is no payment by friday then they will cum for the goods, i have been with them for 2 yrs xx

thank you for replyin so quickly, my only problem is i dnt have a printer.

i was goin to go to my local cab in the mornin as they sed to me if there is no payment by friday then they will cum for the goods, i have been with them for 2 yrs xx

I would advise a trip to CAB as they can provide you with guidance as what you can do as well. However I will ask that you ask CAB to write you "a revoke of the common law" letter as this will prevent PH from even attempting to call at your house.

These people have no power and use scare tactics, they bully people, and push them around. If PH do turn up at your house, do NOT answer the door as it is most likely they will attempt to get into the property to seize the goods. Do not speak with anyone at your door, and if you can get access to a printer, (I would advise not hiring from PH, my little joke) then I will provide you with all the tools you need to get these scumbags off your back!

Kindest Regards

Lefty Jnr

hi

i have 2 tvs, a laptop and a table and chairs, i have 4 agreements with ph, they said if i called into the shop on friday they would sort out a payment plan, i have recently came out of hospital as i suffer from uncontrolled epilepsy and dnt really go out, i would find this very difficult, i would really need somebody to ring on my behalf x