Royal Bank of Scotland fighting back???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,this is my first post. I've been checking out the threads on this site for a while and decided to give it a go. Over the last three years RBoS have charged me over £950. Often the charges have tipped my overdraft over the edge thus resulting in a further charge! The situation got worse after I left my full time job to care for my mum for 14months,often I was unable to withdraw my benefits from my account. I didn't know about the 1st right of appropriation back then!

I wrote to RBoS Customer Services 3 weeks ago and asked for the charges back. Two weeks later I got a letter saying they were dealing with my 'complaint' and then last week a letter arrived from my branch manager,(newton heath,manchester) disputing the OFT's findings and generally blaming them for causing mass hysteria! They also said that they had looked into my account and could not see the charges I was talking about!

I am now sending them photocopies of every page from my last 3 years statements which has a charge on it and a letter stating that I am preparing to lodge a claim in the small claims court. I am definitely not backing down on this!!!

Fingers crossed,I'll keep you posted.

Cheers Lainey Stardust

Its a good idea to read the faqs, and follow the tried and tested routes - then at least you know you are wording everything correctly. If you look on the appropriate forum, you will then see what other responces people have had

Two weeks later I got a letter saying they were dealing with my 'complaint' and then last week a letter arrived from my branch manager,(newton heath,manchester) disputing the OFT's findings and generally blaming them for causing mass hysteria! They also said that they had looked into my account and could not see the charges I was talking about!

I got the same response, they're trying to throw you off the sent.

As said, read the FAQ and follow the steps on here, don't try to improvise because they may be able to fornicate over your plans.

Read the site extensively, keep fighting and good luck!

HALIFAX

Settled in Full

24/10/06
£2228.70

HFC

Settled in Full

May 2007, Default removal and £640 refnded

another fob off tactic, i think they change the letters now and again to make people wonder if perhaps they are right in what they say as its not the usual standard responce that others get, don't worry keep going, you WILL get it back!!

• 2 weeks later...

SUCCESS!!!!!

i replied to RBoS with copies of all my statements (highlighting the charges). I told them that they had created part of the problem with their charges actually making me overdrawn etc. I quoted some paragrpahs from letters I have seen on this site and told them I was sending their letter to the OFT and would be lodging a claim if I wasn't satisified within 14 days.

The reply came in less than a week. It was basically a copy of the first letter blaming the OFT for creating hysteria among the masses but then "as an exceptional show of goodwill" offerning me every penny of my claim back!!!

Result: £1094 refunded to my account within 2 days of my acceptance.

I strongly recommend that no-one crumbles just because the bank say they dispute the OFT findings, it's just bluff tactics from the bank.

Good luck to everyone

Lainey

what did you say in your letter back to them? i am also going after RBoS and any help would be good

thanks xx

RBS Data Protection Act LETTER SENT 29th Sept

Halifax Data Protection Act LETTER SENT 29th Sept settled in full £531.00 12/10/06:D

Barclays DPA LETTER SENT 29th Sept Received statements .. £325 Owed to me.

COMING SOON TO A THREAD NEAR YOU: MINIMILNER vs Capital One & Halifax Card Services.:lol: