When do I need to reapply for DLA?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, So last September I was awarded DLA for only 1 year. I had previously been awarded it for 3 years at a time. I'm not sure why it was only for a year as my health had got worse and it was not going to get better. I did not appeal for it to be for a longer period as I was just so releived I had finally got the help I so desperately needed. Anyway I was awarded it after a long appeal and it will stop in September this year. I got a letter in the post today with a new claim form and a letter telling me to resend the form as soon as possible. This being 5 months before my DLA is going to end i'm not quite sure why it has to be sent so early. To be honest I can't remember dates when I have claimed in the past as my disability affects my short and long term memory very badly. I didnt make a note of the times so can't be sure how early I claimed last time. Does this sound normal to other DLA recepients? Sending in another claim 5 months before the claim is due to end? Thank you

• 4 weeks later...