New to this.....in a mess financially and got Brighthouse to deal with....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Ouch! Yep quite a mess.

What i would suggest is to return as many of the items as possible. The PC, the 22" TV, the laptop and the Tablet are all luxuries that you could function without in reality. I would also try and work out a way of replacing your other items try Gumtree etc, ask a family member to help you out with a small loan if at all possible or even better get a bank loan the APR won't be anywhere near as rediculous as BrightHouse's charges etc

You should write to head office explaining your situation but keep it brief, then go on to say that you wish to reclaim all of the OSC, Late Payment Charges and Interest you have paid.

Your goods are covered by warranty and current Legislation so there is no need to pay OSC and there is no remit in law to say they can charge a late payment fee.

If you have your own contents Insurance check your policy or contact the provider to check whether HP items are covered. If so and you are paying DLC, you will be able to claim this back aswell.

End the letter saying that you hope you can come to a peacefull resolution with them and come to an agreement on how you will repay the items you really can't do without. Then say something along the lines of, regretfully if we can not resolve the matter amicably regarding the OSC, Late Payment Charges and Interest etc we will pursue the matter through Small Claims Court.

Don't worry about it too much the whole 'third party bailiff' thing is a load of waffle. Only a court appointed Bailif with a Court Order can reposess goods from your property and obtaining an order is a lengthy process which i believe would initially require you to attend county court and explain your situation.

From what i understand BrightHouse always do everything they can to avoid court situations as the courts tend to be more sympathetic with the Consumer and will normally help you to come to a repayment arangement.

Good Luck and I hope this helps.

Edited by pinkfloydianuk
  • Haha 1

ALL COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS MADE ARE BASED ON MY OWN EXPERIENCES AND OPINIONS, IF IN DOUBT SEEK ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED SOLICITOR.

<<<<IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ, DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR AND GIVE ME SOME REP.

ANY PRIVATE MESSAGES DEEMED TO BE NON SUBJECT RELATED, DEROGATORY OR INSULTING WILL BE REPORTED.

pinkfloydianuk

:attention: