Nationwide Returns On Ppart But Refuses The Other

tarotcards
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Can anyone give me some advise regarding this Bank... On the onset they opened a flex account for me that was not suitable and was not what I wanted, consequently charges and interests were added on and they would not upgrade this Basic account for me. I wrote to the head office and requested that the charges and interests be re credited into the account as this was the only way that over the limit outstanding, amounting to 410.00. This they did!!!but then they decided to add 20,00 onto the account for over the limit charge. This account is not in use and I have no intention of using it and this has been relayed to the Head Office, I have also requested that this account now be closed. Today I received a letter from Chris Smith Customer Service Administration Branch Service Centre informing me that their policy is to refund charges to the first charge whatever this means and "It is therfore the customers responsibilities if any further charges ar incurred. Due to the previous charges being refunded on the 25th Jan 06 I am unable to grant your request". I do not know what this gentleman means by further charges incurred by myself as I do not operate this account and the other charges have been added on since the refund. I requested for this account to be closed at the same time as the refund request but obviously this is being denied. I want this a/c closed and the 20.00 that they themselves have added on removed. How do I go about this , as if nothing is done they they will only too readily start added further charges and interest on this amount which will soon be much more. HELP. Thanks

I think you should get on the phone to this guy or e-mail him. It looks like theyre in the wrong but thats a standard letter you got cos I got one a few months ago after being refunded some charges to my account. You definately need to contact a person , cos all they`ll give you otherwise is an automated response. Tell them that you will take it further if they dont.Vee

Hi Thanks for the info I will try and get in tough with this person to see what he has to say... will let you know of the outcome. Have you written a letter to the H/O/ to request the charges be refunded. I did threaten them in the letter. But I have also sent a letter to the Alliance and Leicester and also sent an e-mail to the Executuve but as yet have had no replies. will give another week and then send the claim request form on the site. Speak to you soon

Hiya - Go to the templates library and study the threads that are posted - its the only way to learn especially when Dolly was advising! I would send the Nationwide a letter explaining the whole situation and that if they dont comply or discuss this in an acceptable manner for the request for charges and close the account that you will have no other choice but to take action.See how that goes and if you have no joy then send them a letter before action.I dont understand why they wont close your account. Maybe you should ask a moderator what they think! The only way that I see it is to follow the guidelines and timescales given only adapt them to suit you. Hope this helps.Vee