• Tweets

• So to sum up. 1.  You & your friend did the right thing on 28 December and are in the right legally. 2.  You are in the early stages of the threatening letter cycle.  We've seen these letters quite literally over 10,000 times.  For the moment your friend has nothing to worry about. 3.  No-one will turn up at your friend's door. 4.  If months down the line this got to court, you would win.  It's blatant disability discrimination.  Some time back I looked through the results of Excel v Caggers court cases, well we won 85% of the time, and you would be 100& certain to win. But this is the bit that you won't like ... 5.  Excel don't care that they are legally in the wrong.  They want your money.  They will go on and on with their letters hoping you'll give in. 6.  They are also the most litigious of the private parking companies and it's perfectly possible, months hence, that they will take your friend to court.  You have to be prepared for this.  They would lose.  But they don't care about the losses since, sadly, presumably so many people are afraid of court and so give in and pay.  7.  We will of course support you all the way!
    • Hi, Just updating that I'll be submitting the SJPN shortly this evening electronically.
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • thank you ftmdave . they sound like tthe lowest of the low ticketing the taxi driver - surprised about that😯 and utterly stupid. would they take into consideration that we take longer than normal on another appeal as i did say that in the original one (that i done for my friend) and (i think it was the isa) they rejected the explanation?
    • thanks, that's what i'm thinkning although heart will be pumping when I get off the plane! Lawyer in dubai says nothing against me and also confirms very rare for bounced security cheques to be raised and escalated to police case unless massive, criminal or corporate.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

car finance charges

thematrix28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i bought a car on finance

its with british credit trust finance

im in arrears with it due to a change in my work hours

i agree to a payment plan but i didnt pay on time with a few payments and only paid half on 1 payment at xmas coz of so many bills and presents

i didnt work my money out so my cash never stretched far enough

i had a call from the recovery department who were ok to a point

i asked for a breakdown of the charges which they said they would send a statement

the past year its £130 for late and half payments

i think it worked out around £25 each late payment

when i asked for them to show any loss on there accounts to make these charges to me

thats when they became angry

saying i have no chance of that info.

i ask why if im paying for charges i would like to know what im paying for so can you justify the charge i got some crap about terms and conditions

i said i was not aware of the late charges they said its all in your T&C i said i dont understand it all

im not trying to get out of paying but i would like to know where i stand with the charges they put on me also the finance was for 4 years i only have £1400 left to pay its about 7 months left to settle the debt and i think i may have some late charges from the last 2 years also :-x

get reclaiming

stick their int rate in D15

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks mate but the attached sheet has errors on it going off my microsoft.works se ver 9.0 i got the page to open but not everything is clear is there a info file because the notes are not clear they are very brief can you give me some help on how to use it please if you get a min.

Edited by thematrix28
missed a bit out

i'll see what i can do

std by...

dx

• Confused 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanks mate but the attached sheet has errors on it going off my microsoft.works se ver 9.0 i got the page to open but not everything is clear is there a info file because the notes are not clear they are very brief can you give me some help on how to use it please if you get a min.

Hi

dx asked me to drop in.

The spreadsheets will not work in MS works.

Best thing is to grab yourself a copy of OpenOffice from here

A very good office suite and its free. The sheet work in OpenOffice

ims

• Confused 1

thanks for both your help but anothr thing io forgot to add was they said i havent paid the charges as they are put on the end of my settlement so im guessing if i add all the charges up and say it comes to £300 when i end up with just £300 left to pay can i refuse to pay it as they are unfair charges or do i get a slap in the face for doing that lol

Opened in OpenOffice now it makes sense and the notes make sense so just to make sure im doing this right put my details in the companys details in account # claim from (is the date the charges started) claim to (last date i was charged) APR

ok and from row 20 i just put in the relevent info to all the charges

once ive filled it all in what do i do with it after that will it auto cal. the charges and do i print it and send it to them sorry im new to this form and claiming stuff but you have been most helpful up to now i just need a little bit more

claim to will be auto done i think

use the apr from the agreement.

then you need to write a letter of complaint/refund please

see the notes in my sig.

dx

and they

no.3. below

dx

and they

£6286 car price

£1700 deposit

APR 28.5

intrest £2758 on total amount

arrangement fee £480

settlement fee £120

here are my charges all in 2010

1st Nov arrears letter fee £25

19th nov arrears letter fee £25

29th nov late payment fee £14.64

19th nov late payment fee £7.69

now 2011

12th JAN notice of default fee £25

29th jan late payment fee £12.66

12th feb notice of default fee £25

i took the finance on 19th march 2008 in the key info it mentions charges that are set out in the conditions no one told me about the charges i was just given the T&C to read thats it any one help do i have a case for the charges back if my T&C say there is charges thanks in confused :-x

everyones t&c says that

they are PENALTY FEES

and as the OFT says

'penalty fees are unlawful.'

you REALLY need to read a few thread on charges

try the welcome finance forum

all those bar arrangement fee and settlement fee

though i cant for the life of me think what that means

pers i'd put them down TOO

but i'll ask ims.

dx

and they

Ok i sent a letter to them saying along the lines of you have charged me im claiming them back in full with interest

only a court can decide charges and the office of fair trading will step in on my behalf because of the charges.

I asked for proof of what the cost are at there end and if they send the evidence ill send it to (OFT) for clarifacation

i give then 14 days to reply that was sent on the 20th jan 2012

ill update you when and if i get a reply and what it says if not ill send another letter giving 14 days to reply if they dont i win by default

also i hear instead of going to court with them there is a court website that you put your details in against a company

and they do the rest you dont have to lift a finger is this true anyone.

dunno where you are getting all the crap from

probably a stupid reclaims co website

sreer clear of those, they'll fleece you blind.

asadvised you need to follow link 3 in my sig below

dx

and they

dunno where you are getting all the crap from

probably a stupid reclaims co website

excuse me i got the infomation from your sig number 3 besides the bit about court website which a person from CAB told me about. Your sig 3 states (the OFT) would intervene on behalf of the consumer. They did not state that £12 was lawful - in fact they stated that only a court can decide. "A fair default charge should not exceed a reasonable estimate of certain limited administrative costs which the credit card issuer reasonably expects to incur as a result of default"

also Both of our letters give 14 days for a response. Together, these give the banks at least 28 days to settle your claim - an acceptable timescale for a court.

i put in for interests your sig 3 states You can claim up to £5000 net of costs and interest and this will not affect the track allocation.

so just a few points to your sig 3 which i put in my letter and you say is all crap unless im reading it wrong or took it out of context

I asked for proof of what the cost are at there end and if they send the evidence ill send it to (OFT) for clarifacation

i give then 14 days to reply that was sent on the 20th jan 2012

ill update you when and if i get a reply and what it says if not ill send another letter giving 14 days to reply if they dont i win by default

also i hear instead of going to court with them there is a court website that you put your details in against a company

where?

dx

and they

where?

dx

ok type in google moneyclaim its a goverment website its basically a online court check it out let me know what you think about it

MCOL: but there is not enough room to file a ppi nor a charges reclaim POC properly

dx

and they

i am sure if people call the MCOL helpdesk they will advise on how to do ppi and other money matters i think i need to research a bit more of MCOL as i have only brushed over the surface of it but at least it is there if we need it thanks thematrix28 for bringing light to the MCOL website oh your welcome lol

its a very well known website

you cant

thats why its done by an N1

dx

and they

ok so the N1 form gives more space and MCOL dont so it will be ok for credit card company charges and bank charges of late payment fees default fee claims and the cost of N1 and MCOL is the same but MCOL is much easier if you dont need alot of infomation to pass over im sure it can only be a good thing for the smaller claims.

Edited by thematrix28
missed a bit