• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Logbook loans have respossed my sons van for a debt by the previous owner - help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my son and his family were woken up at 5.15am by a debt collector who had clamped his van saying that logbook loans were repossessing the vehicle as the previous owner had defaulted on the loan. If we did not give him the keys then he would have the van towed. My son rang me and I called the police who stated that we should get ID and a receipt but there was nothing we could do and it was a civil matter. We gained a receipt and they took the van. It was taken from a private drive, they claimed they did not need a court order.

Since then I have spoken to the legel team through his home insurance who managed to tie himself in knots with comments like, go and snatch the van back. and then about the fact we had good legal title but then so did they etc. On purchase of the van we asked if any finance was outstanding and was told not, we did an internet search which came back clear and a text search which also came back clear. On speaking to LL they state that they are all useless and unless you use HPI.Co.UK then their type of loan will not show.

I spoke to our solicitor who stated that they had no right to remove the vehicle, so I wrote to LL stating that we had completed due diligence in our searches so purchased the vehicle in good faith and instructed them to return the vehicle, Their response was to send us 3 pages of a bill of sale from a 31 page document (they have refused to send the remainder). This seems to be all about the borrower and the fact they can knock his door down but nothing about what happens if he sells the vehicle. There is a page which states In the High Court of Justice Queens Bench Division then mentions Nine Regions Ltd and the borrower it states Bill Of Sale and then has the address of Costa Constantinou 2x references and a stamp which has bill of sale in the middle and a date. The agreement is signed by borrower a witness in Bridge Studios (linked address to LL I think) and ANOther with no details

Dates:

Van first registered 26/09/02

Purchased by borrower: 04/07/10

Agreement: 16/09/10

Stamp:20/09/10

Son bought vehicle: 06/04/11

It seems funny that this loan was taken only 2 months prior to the 8 year rule read in other posts. They will not divulge what steps they have taken to recover money from borrower just that we will need to pay 85% of what they think the van is worth to reclaim it or they will sell it.

I have had to fight the police to register a fraud case against the borrower as they kept telling me it was civil and we are still having to fight that one. We tried the 'they have stolen our vehicle' but they would not have that.

I have also registered a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman but they can not stop the sale of the veichle.

It seems that LL have many issues and their licence is one of them but I need some advice please on what else I can do to get our vehicle back without paying them

Thanks in advance

the burden of proof is on them to prove you are the Debtor, keep trying to report the vehicle as stolen because it has been taken without consent, with the intention of never being returned. the police are always very negligent in these cases, this is not a civil matter it is a criminal theft matter, and they have a duty to resolve this issue.

It is a case of you against an army of people trying to crew you with a capital S on the beginning, if the vehicle is sold, you will eventually be able to sue them for receiving monies from criminal activities, but that is a long and very arduous matter. No matter what happens keep telling your solicitor what is happening and hopefully get this resolved eventually.

These debt collection agencies as they like to be called, are nothing more than criminal organisations that are guilty of theft and fraud, keep bullying the police to act, the debt itself is a civil matter, the theft of a vehicle is a criminal matter, DO NOT let them fob you off with weak excuses, make them do something.

All I can say at this point, good luck on your journey through the minefield of debt :)

all bill of sales from logbook loans and nine regions ltd null and void no agreements are secured on cars vans etc tell them to take a long walk they need to take you to court and register a ccj before any action can be taken cut the clamp of by the padlock take to the nearest police station with a new padlock and key and hand it as lost property

ask any builder with a disk cutter £20 should do and they will cut the lock of as long as you dont remove the clamp and damage the clamp no offence

tell the pretend bailiffs to go and get a proper job don't be bullied they are sharks and they are lying log book and nine regions are dead in the water

Excellent .CCTV Engineer is back but calling himself People Power V Logbook. Still spouting misinformation Tom to confuse and cause further problems for those looking for ways out of their predicaments with Logbook Loans/Nine regions?

Got any fictitious lawyers up your sleeves who will come like a shining knight out of the mist?

All Bills of Sales are not null and void regardless what People Power v Logbook states.

Where has People Power appeared from? Good question....Please do not rely on his misinformation for guidance.

I have a question, my husband took a log book loan out in may against his car, the loan was 715 and the repayment I think is 2312, we have fell on some hard times and our daughter was very unwell and due to this we fell behind on repayments, they have said our car is getting repo'ed but I know the car won't sell for 2,000 odd plus the charges of 880 which they want for it beind passed to a debt recovery. Therefor I am refusing to hand the car over due to the lack of compassion and the fact they are bullying us or at least trying to, the car is in a locked garage attached to our home, I'm just wondering if they can break into my garage? And help or advice would be great, they can kiss my arse if they think they are getting our car please advise on the best way to take these horrible people head on? We have tried to offer what we can but unless we pay the 800 odd they are unwilling to negotiate anything

I have a question, my husband took a log book loan out in may against his car, the loan was 715 and the repayment I think is 2312, we have fell on some hard times and our daughter was very unwell and due to this we fell behind on repayments, they have said our car is getting repo'ed but I know the car won't sell for 2,000 odd plus the charges of 880 which they want for it beind passed to a debt recovery. Therefor I am refusing to hand the car over due to the lack of compassion and the fact they are bullying us or at least trying to, the car is in a locked garage attached to our home, I'm just wondering if they can break into my garage? And help or advice would be great, they can kiss my arse if they think they are getting our car please advise on the best way to take these horrible people head on? We have tried to offer what we can but unless we pay the 800 odd they are unwilling to negotiate anything

hello first thing is first apply for a new logbook tell dvla that you have lost your old one .

then when you get the log book back ask a family member or a good mate to put the logbook in there name try and find some one as far as way from were you live as possible anouther county etc

keep the car hidden until you have done this

call the high courts and ask about bill of sales they told me that all lbl and nrl buisness is null and void and they are not enforcing any action due to them losing there creit licence

tell lbl or nrl that you have sold the car for an amount and you are happy to settle with an amount that you feel fair if not ask for them to take you to court they can not take any action with out a ccj and if they go to court you will stand a good chance of winning as they have been told they are not fit to hold a credit licence and have been found lying and tricking customers .

most of the money men have left the company as directors and they have put some one in place to try and tie up lose ends they do have anouther company with a licence called logbook loans uk regions ltd this is the company that on your paying in book you have been paying , money laundering . they are loan sharks and they keep changiing the company names and they move the money around to avoid tax then fold the company . play them at there own game and move your car around via the logbook this will waste some of there time . check your paying in book and see if the account number is 17169011 sort code 60.18.11 natwest if it is and you took the loan out with nine regions ltd or logbook loans ltd this is fraud you probally see on the paying in book a payment ref that says nine regions ltd or log book loans ltd they put this on the slip so it looks like you are paying the money in to a nine regions ltd account when you are not , fraud call them and ask why they will lie but make them aware you know there game and you want to go to court to settle and you have sold the car . the ball is back in your court . they will lie but dont fall for it . so remember hide car, change docs, tell them you sold car . contact high court . check bank details . offer to setle a fair amount out of court at about 8% apr as your were most likely told the apr was if they dont want to deal tell them you will see them in court

hope this helps and good luck :madgrin: