You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

keld

DPA - Cahoot

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5168 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I sent my first DPA letter to Cahoot on 9th March and my second including the £10 on 21st March 2006. Am I right that the 40 days starts from 21st?

Thanks.

KELD

No, from the date that they receive the payment - presumably the day after if sent by first class mail.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Hi,

I've just received a voicemail and this email in response to my DPA letter.

'Dear Mrs D,

I am e-mailing following your letter of 21st March regarding your cahoot accounts.

I've today attempted to call you in relation to your letter. I'd be grateful if you could advise me via e-mail at: service.relationship.team@cahoot.com, of a convenient time and number to discuss the points you've raised.

Yours sincerely,

David Freeman,

cahoot Service Relationship Manager.

'I have emailed the following. 'Dear Mr Freeman, I don't have regular access to a phone at the moment, please email with your queries. Regards, Mrs D'

KELD

Hi,

I've just received this from Cahoot.

'Dear Mrs D,

I am e-mailing following your letter of 21st March 2006 regarding your cahoot accounts. I had hoped to discuss this with you in person but will attempt to address your concerns in this e-mail.

Having reviewed the request outlined in your letter I am of the opinion that it might be in both parties interest not to complete a full Subject Access request. I understand your are asking for a list of charges you've incurred throughout your accounts history. I've listed this below for your information.

3/03/05 £25.00

9/02/05 £20.00

14/02/05 £20.00

24/12/05 £20.00

01/05/03 £25.00

31/03/03 £25.00 (This charge was refunded on 22nd April 2003)

I understand that you wish to contest the legitimacy of these charges. I've reviewed your account history and can see that these were incurred as a result of isolated incidents. I've considered this matter sympathetically and, in the interests of customer retention and as a gesture of goodwill, I'd like to refund the £110 you've incurred. I'd be grateful if you could confirm whether you wish to accept this in settlement of your complaint via e-mail at: service.relationship.team@cahoot.com.

Should you still require the Subject Access Request, please advise me via e-mail and I'll make the necessary arrangements. We would be unable to consider refunding the £10 as this is a fair representation of the cost of producing the request.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

If you've any further queries or wish to discuss anything in greater depth, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

David Freeman,

cahoot Service Relationship Manager.

Internet communications are not necessarily secure and may be intercepted or changed after they are sent. cahoot does not accept liability for any such changes. If you wish to confirm the origin or content of this communication, please contact the sender using an alternative means of communication.

This communication does not create or modify any contract.

This email may contain confidential information intended solely for use by the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication you should destroy it without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents.

Please notify the sender immediately of the error.

cahoot is a division of Abbey National plc.

Abbey National plc is registered in England, registered number 2294747.

Registered Office: Abbey National House, 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London, NW1 3AN.

--

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.3.5/301 - Release Date: 04/04/2006'

Just goes to show what you get if you ask. So what do you think take the money and tell everyone to have a go?

KELD

So what do you think take the money and tell everyone to have a go?

Sounds about right to me - excellent result, well done.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

I've sent the email. Thanks very much for all the support.

KELD

Hi

The money has been credited to my bank account. I can't believe that two letters and two emails have got me £110 so easily.

Thanks again. Now just to get TSB, Mint and Coop.

KELD

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

KELD

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5168 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you