• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

By way of an update, this is yet another money making [problem] by Experian. Firstly, i would have thought that under the data protection act, we should al have free access to any information that a CRA has on us.

Experian advertises a "free month", but as you can see from my entries, it took a whole bunch of time for them to respond to my request for a correction request. Now I have to wait while they write to Lowells and CapQuest to give "permission" to correct incorrect information. So I now move into the 6.99 a month fee to be able to track the outcome.

What a [problem] from Experian!

mmmmmmm, they give you access for free for a month to check your files, for which you have to enter your personal information and past and current address,

........ and then sell the information to debtor tracing agents as a cheap way of finding debtors who have moved house!!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My thread is here

1st Crud are claiming I have no prospect of defending the claim, however they have no legible agreement, the document which they variously claim is an agreement or an application is unreadable, dates from 20 years ago, and has no sign of prescribed terms, there is no default notice, no termination notice, no accounts.

They do seem to have a couple of 'closing statements', though these have not been related to the illegible application/agreement and I am unable to make head nor tail of them.

They also now claim that a payment was made into the account in Nov 2002, but provide no evidence...

I basically what to know if they have any prospect of winning this and what argument can I expect?

Appreciate anyone's input...

you might need to click the triangle and check with the site team what regulations applied 20 years ago as i dont know- but IMO they have about as much chance given the information you state they have/dont have, as knitting fog!

Agreed. Satisfied as I am after putting several well-earned broadsides across HBOS, RBS, and their DCA muppets my file - and my wife's - is completely trashed. Sure, we still own our home but will doubtful get another mortgage if we ever wanted to move. And by the time the files are cleared of negative points, no bank would enetrtain us for a mortgage, given our ages.

Not that it bothers me too much. I'd be quite happ to rent if I ever had to. And when you look at the suffering and deprivation in other parts of the world, well, your own problems kinda get put into perspective.

But there is one thing I have learned in the past few years: I would never trust anyone who deals in finance ever again.

not necessarily so, the numbers of people that are now with negative files are becoming so great after this recession that there will HAVE to be an amnesty of sorts in order for lenders to lend!

i think if bos denied me a loan on the grounds that i was not creditworthy i might be tempted to write and ask them if they were not being a tad hypocritical!

To further clarify, this is an extract from the thread that I originally replied to:

"That the prospect of a bad credit file being the main worry with a lot of people - some for good reason who may need a mortgage - I took the view that it was having a very good rating that got me in this position and therefore having a bad one would not be a problem. In fact its almost a warning to DCA's and creditors theres no point in doing anything to this guy - if we make him bankrupt he owes so much no one will get anything ! "

i understood what you meant, and i would say that a lot of people who THINK they NEED credit actually don't - they have just gotten used to life with it and can't bear the thought of life without it

another poster above was right when he said the banks will return to the old ways of lending- and that is right

quite simply, whether we like it or not - we have to get back to a society where, in the main, if we cannot afford it- we cannot have it and should make do and mend or learn to save for it

a hard lesson for us all - but we may as well learn it!! the days of "live now and pay later" i suspect are gone for many a year

Oh bugger......think thats the point I fell down on, having to repay 'em :)

Evening DD and all

Can any of you lot help Spookey out with an up and coming defence needed?

Agreement looks sound but theres a big chunk of PPI and charges if you have any ideas .....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/223857-advice-required-plz-court.html

evening- sorry i'm not your man for figures- they give me a headache!

someone will be along i'm sure

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't been to court but I'm inclined to go with barty there. There are just too many ways they can prove you owe them, so to my mind the best thing would be to take the moral bit out of it and try and get the judge to think of it as a straight dodgy contract case.

Statements, letters prior to any problems etc will prove you've had the money, so to say that you can't answer unless they show you a specific form of proof seems a little dubious. I think I might not like that too much if I was judgy, but as I said I've never done court, so this is just my view as an outsider so to speak!

i agree- what's more i will (if i get that far) do so by including the question and the answer in my witness statement .

if i am asked the question i will then refer to the witness statement which has already covered it

more likely however that having mentioned it openly in the witness statement it ****es on the other sides chips a fair bit and takes away the surprise element that the n question relies upon to fluster you.

just seen another product for 19 dollars called telezapper, apparantly when you are called by an auto dialler- it recognises the auto dialler and sends a specific signal back to the auto dialler telling it theta the number is unobtainable and the auto dialler automatically (well it would - wouldn't it) deletes the number from its database

Cool Eh!!

ive e mailed the company and asked if they do one that can be used in the UK i'll let you know the outcome

I had a Barcleycard in 1995 which i never paid off me and my husband split up and i had alot of debt i was paying some of it every month. I havent paid it off yet and not made a payment for years once a year a debt company write to me its never the same one, its been 13yrs now, should it not be wrote off? or should i ask for the cca?

Please help

Mandie

if you havent made a payment OT acknowledged the debt for 6 years (check it carefully) then you are "home and free"

• 2 weeks later...

Go on- i dare you- have a larf with them

dear Sirs,

i write to you with regard to your "Aversion" to providing a photocopy of a document.

You are absolutely correct in stating that you are not obliged to provide a photocopy of an original document

the purpose of my letter is to counter the brainwashing of your "masters" in beleiving that the consumer credit act or some other legistalation decreed that you be exempt from such a course of action in order that you may frustrate what is a simple request from your "customer"

the requirements to produce "true copies of documents" were of a time when photocopiers and maybe even carbon paper were but mere twinkles in inventors eyes

therefore the scribe was obliged to produce a "true copy" from a document to his best ability and was required to reproduce it in as near the original layout as possible.

clearly in this process he could not re- produce the signatures on the document since this would be forgery

Any sane person (including the chap on the clapham omnibus) would accept the arrival of modern technology within his/her office environment and realise that producing a true copy of an original document on the photocopier was not only far more cost effective in financial and time terms , but is as easy as sitting ones naked bum on the copier and pressing the button at the office party.

The customer therefore,, who himself undoubtedly possesses a photocopier- (such is their universal popularity) , upon receipt of barely legible , grainy or part copied documents - or not even the documents he has asked for, is naturally going to question why this is so

The more so since he knows that a true copy CANNOT be made from memory, may not be what the person producing the copy thinks the original would have looked like and may not be a copy of a "similar" document to that which was in existence at the particular time of an agreement.

he will therefore naturally tend towards the opinion that he has been deceived, duped, fooled into thinking that the person who made the "true copy" did not have the original document in his sight when he made that "true copy"

Indeed , he may feel that in such circumstances perhaps two documents have been "merged into one" or that more likely what he has been sent has been produced from a microfiche, with it 's tell, tale signs, and which itself is a copy of a document and not an original

The customer may then make more demands to be satisfied that his creditor, who has after all set up a "customer relations department" might in fact be falling short of its charter and be more concerned instead with protecting the creditor than supporting the customer because it is likely that the creditor has not really got an original executed credit agreement.

The customer would ask himself why the creditor concerns himself with numerous letters and contracts with debt collectors to attempt to extract money from the customer with threats and demands when all along all he needs to do to get what he wants (money from the customer) is to remove the bum prints from the glass, put the original agreement on there, press the button and spend 35p to post it to the customer.

Having enlightened you to life on the the "other side " of the fence, perhaps you might feel a little more bold in using the photocopier- it would make life so much more simple for all of us

if of course you do not have the original agreement, why not again cut to the chase and just admit this fact and again we can then attempt to resolve matters to our mutual satisfaction

Y F

Personally I think it's dangerous to get facetious in such situations - just in case it ever does get to court and the judge suffers from the customary sense of humour failure.

I would just ask innocently in a short and polite letter why it is not possible to simply send a legible photocopy of the original signed agreement as requested. If they write back saying "they don't have to" they are not answering your question - and you can write back and ask them why they have not answered it - ad nauseam. Even better get a dedicated (i.e. not your usual personal) e-mail address and pester them with free e-mail requests daily.

Am I right in saying that with the £10 SAR they MUST send a photocopy of the signed original - or state it has been mislaid?

BD

judges have just as much a sense of humour as anyone else and is suggest the jduge would be entirely in agreement with the sentiments of the letter

its horses for courses- i have sent such a letter but it was posted in jest so take it or leave it

Personally I think it's dangerous to get facetious in such situations - just in case it ever does get to court and the judge suffers from the customary sense of humour failure.

I would just ask innocently in a short and polite letter why it is not possible to simply send a legible photocopy of the original signed agreement as requested. If they write back saying "they don't have to" they are not answering your question - and you can write back and ask them why they have not answered it - ad nauseam. Even better get a dedicated (i.e. not your usual personal) e-mail address and pester them with free e-mail requests daily.

Am I right in saying that with the £10 SAR they MUST send a photocopy of the signed original - or state it has been mislaid?

BD

there is no obligation whatsoever for the creditor to supply the original agreement or document

the SAR requires them to send the INFORMATION they hold about you not the documents you have signed , how they supply that information is up to them

some do send the original docs, some dont but there is no compulsion

only CPR31.16 will get you that and even then you are likely to be refused and have to make an application to the court (with good grounds) in order to get it.

And if you get an order to allow inspection of the original agreement and when you try to arrange to view it the answer is that it has been destroyed and there is only a microfiche copy available ...what then ??

then they o not have an original executed credit card agreement upon which to base a claim

of course they could ask the court to accept the microfiche as the agreement

whereupon you will want a myriad of witnesses including the person who first put the original on to microfiche, when and how they did it - the rules and guidleines associated with it, you will ask them in court how they can recall. amongst the thousands of copies they did- they can remember doing this one,

where the original went and why it was destroyed

the person who produced the copy of the microfiche and so on

lots of third party and heresay evidence for the creditor to contend with

i'd be amazed if they went ahead in this case (but i'm no expert)

personally i would NEVER use CPR 31.16 and prefer instead for various sound reasons to wait until they issue a claim then use 31.14 to exactly the same effect

the likelyhood of them doing so with only a microfiche as evidence is (IMO) remote

far more likely that they will keep trying to bull**** and/or pass it around the DCA merrygoround

Take care my friend as what they may have supplied may appear unenforcable that does not mean they do not have an enforcable one that they can produce in court. These a very slippery and parasitic organisations.

i dont think you will find that they deliberately withhold the "good one" whilst sending you crap

more that they "archive" old records (often in a disused bunker on an airfield in khazakstan and it takes a lot of time and trouble to retrieve them- they bull**** you and only make a real effort to get the original if they have to

alternatively they have long since microfiched and/or destroyed them but will not admit it until they have to

yes, don't you ever listen??

the advice on this forum regarding talking to your creditors on the phone is probably the number one top dollar piece of advice you are ever going to get

DONT DO IT

having done it i would suggest that you now write to them and ask them to confirm their offer in writing.

dont be surpised if they dont!!

• 2 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks