Changing claim amount from Prelim to LBA

redsue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rang NW yesterday to ask them for a copy of their defence and they said no go and get one of the court - mean sods....

Pathetic - they send you empty word documents and then get arsey with you because you haven't got the defence.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Group hug anyone? I think my buddy bill-k kinda showed it like this :) :) :D:) :)

I think the wine may be kicking in.... ha ha

Ok - I'll be the one on the end though cos I get claustrophobic.

Well - if bill-k showed you this why hasn't it put a smile on his big, ape face? His avatar still looks like he's sucking a lemon!!

Ok - I'll be the one on the end though cos I get claustrophobic.

Well - if bill-k showed you this why hasn't it put a smile on his big, ape face? His avatar still looks like he's sucking a lemon!!

Heyy you guys - I'm smiling on the inside !!

Anyway - count me in with you nice ladies (just please excuse the gorilla's armpits).

There's me 2nd from left !!

:):mad::D:) :) !!!

• 2 weeks later...

nope, case is still on the judges desk and could be another 2 weeks yet!

Spoke to a lady at our local court and she said I was entitled to a copy of their defence. She told me to call them again to ask for it. But just haven't got around to it yet.

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

nope, case is still on the judges desk and could be another 2 weeks yet!

Spoke to a lady at our local court and she said I was entitled to a copy of their defence. She told me to call them again to ask for it. But just haven't got around to it yet.

Hi Redsue - that's a bummer, innit ?

I'd be inclined to write to them requesting a copy of their defence - as per the court's instructions. And insist on a written reason for not providing it if they won't. At least it puts somebody on the spot. So far, it's just been easily deniable phone calls & emails.

Benforlini - I trust that's NOT in full & final settlement ? !!

Bill.

redsue its the court which has to send you a copy of the defence not the defendant. I'd phone the court again and make it very clear that the defendant isn't being cooperative, and the fact that the court hasn't provided you with a copy is preventing you from taking the appropriate action.

just rang them and the file went up to the Judge on 7th Nov and is still floating about somewhere - the court clerk said he'd make another note on the file but they are 2 weeks behind with signature work and I won't expect to hear anything until the end of next week.

Seems like they're a busy lot...

Focussing my attention on a couple of others at moment - Morgan Stanley and 2 for MBNA - until I can get hold of the defence and prepare for the next round

Was that your click, just now, Redsue ? Thanks - even though I didn't deserve it for that last bit of advice !!

Funny, I celebrated my 400th post on Chezt's thread yesterday, and today, your click just gave me an extra blob !! Yee-har !!

Mind you, looking at some of the rhubarb I've posted over the past 400 - odd - it proves "You can fool SOME of the people ALL of the time," dunnit ! :-D

Cheers, matey !! :)

• Haha 1

Hi guys, just to let you know I've received a copy of their defence - don't have time to type it up yet but will do as soon as I get the chance. :D

Basically, they are stating they have paid up all the charges (which they have), court costs (which they have) but they will not pay back my costs (eg £10 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), £4 postage etc) and they have stated they have only paid 8% S.69 interest so the bleeders couldn't even get that bit right. Sam Phipps told me on the phone they had paid me 8% compounded...tsk.:|

I've also been sent an Allocation Questionnaire which I'm about to fill in so if anyone could give me some pointers if you've come across similar cases as I'm about to start the research and it also helps that a good friend of mine is a solicitor :D

I've accepted the charges refund as a partial payment so the argument now is basically regarding their right to earn interest on money they have unlawfully taken from me, right?

Gotta go guys, have some football to watch and some beer to sup... and no I'm not a utd fan so don't dare ask!!!

• Haha 1

Guest willowb

good luck Sue:)

I'm sure Glenn, Bill and the reast will be able to help you. I know that it has to do with mutuality between people in a contract but as for quoting law:o ....

Wxx

Funnily enough, I was re-reading your thread this morning Redsue. I am just about to fill in my N1 form for NW and was looking to see how you were getting on with your interest claim.

Nationwide obviously think that they get to decide what rate of interest to pay rather than the judge and are hoping that you will give in and back off but, we know better don't we? ;)

You are a very good example of tenacity and a refusal to be intimidated and I am sure your thread will be a great help to many others.

You are a very good example of tenacity and a refusal to be intimidated and I am sure your thread will be a great help to many others.

Hear, hear, Sarah.

I haven't had one go as far as AQ, yet Redsue, so I shall have to stand back a bit here, and leave advice to those who have. I shall be watching (and chucking the occasional spanner in !) though, as I expect I may find myself in the same position, later on. Your solicitor pal will come in useful here, I'm sure !!

There is a huge number of AQ posts here, as I expect you have found !! FWIW, I always find good info from AlanFromDerby, and Glenn UK, but there are loads, and you will probably have to jump around a bit to pick up what you need for your particular case. Just remember that they're only trying to make you blink first and bottle out. Make them pay for causing you all this work.

Needless to say - I'll be here for any a$$-kicking, back-slapping and group hugs when the opportunity arises !! You've certainly got some good friends here with you, now.

Stick at it, matey !! :D

Bill.