Urgent Help! Cabot have issued County Court Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I presume this is MCOL.

Once you have got a defence together with the help of the people here, you may also join your "husband" in to the action by citing him as a defendant in an "additional claim" (Civil Procedure Rule 20.7). That is if he has agreed to be liable and indemnifies you.

In the worst case scenario, if you are not successful in your action, he will also be liable as a result because he admitted to it earlier on in the claim before judgment. This will result in both of you having CCJs if your action is not successful.

You will need to file the additional claim as per CPR 20 at the same time as you file your defence. Don't do it any later otherwise you will need the permission of the court.

If it was MCOL, you won't be able to do this online hence why you will need to call them up and get a fax number to fax over your defence and the additional claim. There is a charge for the additional claim, the amount escapes me right now but you are looking at something between £30-£50.

The additional claim has to follow a certain format as regards content, etc however if you want to defend, I would get that out of the way as a priority and then think about the additional claim with your husband as a defendant later.

Before I leave you in the hands of the forum regulars, here is the link you requested:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?20758-Creditors-and-DCAs-Letter-Templates-amp-Budget-Planner&p=162367&viewfull=0#post162367

If you acknowledge the claim online, as another stated above, you have 33 days from the date of issue. Just ensure that you go online using your MCOL defence pack and acknowledge the claim.

As stated, I leave you in their hands now.

Good luck.

• Haha 1