vet negligence

josisamnat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DSCF1009.jpgHi all new to this but would like to know if any ones had a bad vets experience, complained and got a result. I took my cat scooby to my usual vets approx 2-3yrs ago with a smelly discharge from her ears and the 1st vet told me it was ear mites and subsequently treated her for this. A few months later it was back again, 2nd vet (u know how it is you never get to see the same one, like our doctors) said it was an infection and gave her an antibiotic jab and antibiotic ear drops (said she would have to be on them for life), we carried on back and forth over time and then we took her back earlier this year because the discharge starting getting blood in it. The 3rd vet said she had loads of cysts down both ears and gave her more antibiotics but said she could not be on them for life as she is like us and would get immune to them or the other option would be to have her put to sleep (shes 7yrs old). I asked if there was an operation that could be done to remove the cysts but advised no. Luckily and unluckily she got fly strike on the 4th Sept and I took her to another vets because I had seriously lost faith in my 1st ones. While she was under the operation for the fly strike I asked them to check her ears for me and the found 1 very large tumour in the right ear and a few smaller tumours in her left ear. They advised an operation to remove the middle ear section of the right ear and a possible same procedure of the left ear. This was carried out Thursday 8th and all tumours sent to the lab. Had results today and left ear tumours are all clear but they are not sure about the right so going to have to keep an eye on her lymph nodes and she will have to have regular check ups incase they return. I have applied to my old vets for all scoobys case notes and am going to go further from there. Any advise would be welcome.