Existing PPI with LloydsTSB - identiified 2 more pre-2005 loans with PPI - Can I claim?

impecunious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UPDATE

Despite declining offer of PPI refund in September as "derisory" (verbally by phone and then confirmed in writing), I received a cheque for over £5,000 a few weeks ago and LTSB now consider the matter closed. (I was originally informed that the bank would "offset" any refund against my indebtedness - they didn't - cheque came as a complete surprise.)

I've accepted cheque as "part-payment" of my PPI claim and will be chasing them for the balance. Now the documents requested in my SAR dated October are now available to be collected at branch, I will be able to calculate a more accurate and acceptable PPI refund.

In the meantime, I'm confused and need some advice.

My outstanding loan balance is just over £5,000 - I haven't made any payments for last two years now - and it's being chased by DCAs.

1. As almost 90% of this balance is made up of mis-sold PPI premiums, penalty charges and interest, is this balance then still correct? In my thinking, it's not because they're refunded me this amount plus interest ........... but, if you know any better, please let me know.
  2. DCAs are currently chasing for £5,000+ - I have written to them advising that the account is in dispute. Should I continue to remind them - they are still bombarding me with letters and threats of legal action? Does my argument still hold water?

I hope this is clear enough but I just can't get my head round it. I owed them £5,000+, they gave me £5,000+ but now they're still wanting £5,000+?? Hmmm, doesn't make sense (to me anyway).

Please help!! My brain's in dormant winter mode!

Impecunious! :-):-)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic