Mummy vs Natwest

bristolmummy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. Have prepared my request for payment letter and the schedule today, and will pop them in the post shortly.

I'm quite lucky as I've only held the account for just under 2 years so have all my bank statements so I never had to ask for the charges to be sent. Not that I could've sent a cheque, as I've only got Natwest's Step account.

Again, I feel very lucky to have stumbled across this forum just now, as I'm a single mum on benefits, and as a result of a PayPal mistake, my charges have started snowballing like crazy. I'm now almost £200 overdrawn, and was going half out of my mind! My claim is for just over £300 so will get me out of a lot of trouble, even if I have to wait.

In the meanwhile, the most curious thing happened, I was talking to one of NW advisors about the state of my account and what I could do, and he suggested we run a credit check to see if I can upgrade, and guess what?? They're opening up a separate Advantage Gold account for me lol! :D So in the meanwhile I shall transfer my benefits to this new account, therefore getting myself out of this pickle. Just a question though, are NW likely to threaten to close both my accounts with them? :-?

As a precaution I will pop in to the Post Office tomorrow and open up a card account with them, just in case I need to transfer my benefits there. Ahh the jobcentre's going to love me now. :p

Hi everyone. Have prepared my request for payment letter and the schedule today, and will pop them in the post shortly.

I'm quite lucky as I've only held the account for just under 2 years so have all my bank statements so I never had to ask for the charges to be sent. Not that I could've sent a cheque, as I've only got NatWest's Step account.

Again, I feel very lucky to have stumbled across this forum just now, as I'm a single mum on benefits, and as a result of a PayPal mistake, my charges have started snowballing like crazy. I'm now almost £200 overdrawn, and was going half out of my mind! My claim is for just over £300 so will get me out of a lot of trouble, even if I have to wait.

In the meanwhile, the most curious thing happened, I was talking to one of NW advisors about the state of my account and what I could do, and he suggested we run a credit check to see if I can upgrade, and guess what?? They're opening up a separate Advantage Gold account for me lol! :D So in the meanwhile I shall transfer my benefits to this new account, therefore getting myself out of this pickle. Just a question though, are NW likely to threaten to close both my accounts with them? :-?

As a precaution I will pop in to the Post Office tomorrow and open up a card account with them, just in case I need to transfer my benefits there. Ahh the jobcentre's going to love me now. :p

Good news on credit check, but the A Goldcosts far outweigh the benefits. Would suggest that you downgrade to a current plus for free as A gold is £12 per month - took me ages to realise what a rip off it was. Unless of course the benefits are what you want.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Don;t forget as well that if you downgrade within 90 days that any charges for the account have to be refunded. A small that NW do not want you to know. It is in the T&C's for that account

Good news on credit check, but the A Goldcosts far outweigh the benefits. Would suggest that you downgrade to a current plus for free as A gold is £12 per month - took me ages to realise what a rip off it was. Unless of course the benefits are what you want.

12 quid a month, what!! :shock: I could've sworn he told me it was £12 a year! Oh well, I shall be downgrading that one then, many thanks for that gizmo!

Don;t forget as well that if you downgrade within 90 days that any charges for the account have to be refunded. A small that NW do not want you to know. It is in the T&C's for that account

And thanks for that NSM, I'm definitely going to read the T&C's now... Should've known really, I used to work for Lloyds and know what the banks can be like...

If you used to work for Lloyds TSB do you still know ppl still working for LTSB that could also help with info on here? Would be of great use to the site

Hi there Bristol Mummy

Just read your thread and had to post something. I'm a single mum too and the majority of my bank charges occurred over a period of 2 years when I was struggling on benefits. There were many times when I had to struggle by on 20 quid for the week as a direct result of the charges I was getting for going as little as 40p over my overdraft. The number of patronising conversations I had with NatWest call centre staff who were barely older than my son...!! It's the reason I'm claiming - it's criminal. Good Luck.

Larissa

Hi there Bristol Mummy

Just read your thread and had to post something. I'm a single mum too and the majority of my bank charges occurred over a period of 2 years when I was struggling on benefits. There were many times when I had to struggle by on 20 quid for the week as a direct result of the charges I was getting for going as little as 40p over my overdraft. The number of patronising conversations I had with NatWest call centre staff who were barely older than my son...!! It's the reason I'm claiming - it's criminal. Good Luck.

Larissa

Thanks Larissa, I know it's shocking how they treat you sometimes, and talk down at you as if I'm a child! Just like yourself, I've had a few weeks now where about £40 has had to stretch to food and nappies, and it really isn't easy, but hey, it'll be worth it when I get my own back at these people...