• Tweets

• Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
    • Sorry for the long post but I don't want to miss out any relevant information: My wife bought a car from Trade Centre UK and have been having nothing but trouble with it. Unfortunately we paid of the finance used to buy the car as we weren't expecting this much trouble with the car as we we though we would have protection as buying from a dealer. We are wondering if we can still reject the vehicle since the finance plan has been paid off. Timeline is as follows: 13/12/2023 -15/12/2023 Bought car from Trade Centre UK for £10548 £2000 deposit paid on credit card on 13/12/2023 £8548 on finance from Moneybarn (arranged through Trade Centre UK). picked up car on 15/12/2023 Also bought lifetime warranty for £50/month 25/12/2023 Engine Management Light comes on. The AA called out and diagnosed the following error codes: P0133 - Lambda sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Slow reaction. Error sporadic P0135 - Lambda sensor heat. circ.(bank1,sensor1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Component defective Due to it being Christmas took a few days to get through to them but they booked me in for 28/12/2023 to run their own diagnostics. 28/12/2023 Took car in to Trade Centre so could check the car – They agreed it was the Oxygen Sensor and Booked me in for repair on 30/01/2024. I was told they had no earlier slots, and I would be fine to carry on driving car when I said I was afraid of problem worse. During diagnosing the problem, they reset the Engine Management Light. During drive home light comes back on. 29/12/2023 - 29/01/2024 I carry on driving the car but closer to the date, engine goes to reduced power every now and again – not being a mechanic I presumed that this was due to above fault. 20/01/2024 Not expecting any more problems paid off the finance on the car using personal loan from bank with lower interest rate. 30/01/2024 Trade Centre replace to O2 sensor (They also take it on a roughly 60mile road trip which seems a bit excessive to me – I can’t prove this as something prompted me take a picture of milage when I handed car in but I forgot take one on collection – only remembered next day.) 06/02/2024 Engine goes in reduced power mode again and engine management light comes on – Thinking the Trade centre’s 28 day warranty period was over I booked the car the into local garage for the next day to get problem fixed under the lifetime warranty package. Fault seems to clear after engine was switched off. 07/02/2024 In the Morning, I take it to local garage who say as the light gone off – the warranty company is unlikely to cover the cost of the repair or diagnostics and recommend I contact them when the light comes back on. In the evening the light comes back on and luckily I manage to get it back to the garage just before it shuts for the day. 08/02/2024 The Garage sends me a diagnostics video showing a lot error codes been picked up by their diagnostics machine including codes for Oxygen sensor and Nox Sensors, Accelerator pedal and several more. Video also shows EGR Hose not connected to the intake manifold properly, they believed this was confusing the onboard system as it is unlikely this many sensors would trigger at same the time but they couldn’t be certain until they repaired the hose. 13/02/2024 Finally get the car back as it took a while to get approval and payment for the repairs from the Warranty company. Garage told me to keep an eye the car as errors had cleared with the hose but couldn’t 100% certain that’s what caused the problem. 06/03/2024 Engine management light comes on again. Fed up I go into Trade Centre as I was just around the corner when it happened and asked them how to reject the car or have the problem fixed. They insist that as it’s over 28 days I need to get the car fixed under the warranty package I purchased and they could no longer fix the car as it was over 28 days. When I tried telling them it appeared to be the same or related problem they said they couldn’t help as I hadn’t contacted them earlier. I asked them if they were willing to connect the car to the diagnostics machine and tell me what the problem was, as a goodwill gesture, which he agreed to do and took the car to the back He came back around 30 minutes later and said they took a look at the sensor they replaced previously and there was nothing wrong with it and engine management light went off when they removed the sensor to check it. When I asked what the error code he couldn’t give me an exact fault but the said it one of the problems I told him earlier (Accelerator pedal). I have this visit audio recorded on my phone – I informed the reps I was recording several times. As the light wasn’t on, local garage couldn’t book me for a repair under warranty. 07/03/2024 Light came on so managed to book back into local garage for the 12/03/2024 Whilst waiting to take car into garage, I borrowed a OBD sensor and scanned for errors on the car. This showed the following errors: P11BE – Manufacturer specific code (Google showed this to be NOX sensor) P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow 12/03/2024 Took car to local garage and the confirmed the above errors. This leads me to believe that either Trade Centre UK reps lied and just reset the light or just didn’t check properly (Obviously I am unable to prove this) 22/03/2024 Finally got the car back as according to garage, the warranty company took a long to time to pay for the repairs 28/04/2024 Engine management Light has come back on. Using the borrowed OBD scanner I am getting the following codes: P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow P2138 - Accelerator Position Sensors (G79) / (G185): Implausible Correlation I have not yet booked into a garage as I wanted to see what my rights are in terms of rejecting the car as to me the faults seem related. I can’t keep using taxi or train to get to work every time the car goes into the garage as it is getting very expensive. Am I right in thinking that they have used up their chance to repair when they conducted the repair end of January or when they refused to repair it in February ? If I am still able to reject the vehicle could you point to any sample letters or emails I can use. Thankyou for your advice on my next steps.
    • Ok noted about the screenshot uploads. In terms of screwing up I had one previous ticket that defaulted and ended up in a CCJ from Southend airport because for some reason during COVID I didn't receive their claim form just a notice of default. This hospital ticket was the 2nd ticket that went to CCJ due to a lack of knowledge of the process. Maybe it's easier just to pay them in future I'm thinking though, I don't get them very often anyway
    • Car maker takes a hit from weakening demand and price war in the world's largest electric vehicle market.View the full article
    • please stop posting up unnecessary unnamed screenshot files  you've done it throughout your threads and we have to renamed them. RENAME THE FILE before you upload if its just text information like a defence or a claim history or a link to a previous post  type it here not by an unnamed screenshot attachment  . sorry NM but you've been here dealing with PPC claims since 2021 somehow you always manage to screw up.......or do totally the opposite of std repeated advice on 10'000 of PPC threads here you are your own worst enemy... dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LBL want to visit me at home

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I could really do with some help on this matter. After having to attend court for repossesion of my house, I took out a loan with LBL to make a payment I couldnt meet and to make sure I had the following months payment.

Having made payments from March 2010 until October 2010, I lost the agency work I had and have been unable to make the payments. I now have a new job and want to get the payments sorted out. lbl have asked to come to my house to see me (the car isnt here) I said ok and agreed to an appoinment next week when I will be off work but they have since called me back and said they need written permission to visit me and could i send them a text to say its ok for them to come round. I just want to check this is ok and I'm not agreeing to something I dont know about. I just want to get this money paid off without the car being taken and not get myself into anymore bother, I owe it, so I intend to pay it, they have said they will set up a new payment plan, does this sound ok

I'm not sure if my BOS is valid as I explained to the agent that the car isnt mine and belongs to my son even though the logbook is in my name, my car is a wreck and isnt worth anything, the agent said that was fine as long as the logbook was in my name, they needed to see that the car was insured, I showed my sons certificate and the details were recorded on the BOS

any help appreciated.........Summer

thanks for the response, I was wandering if I would be agreeing to something like that, I just want to sort out a payment plan, which is what they have said they are coming to do, I dont want another loan with them

Perhaps it's the same for a payment plan then. I think the rules are to stop people from surprising you by just turning up and asking you to sign stuff (like double glazing salesmen used to do)

I smell a rat, something is not quite right?

No Payment to LBL since Last October and the vehicle hasn't been seized is not how LBL work?

Have you had any default notices or termination notices?

Personally I would ask LBL to communicate in written form only. A personal visit by LBL is not required if they have a valid BOS and loan agreement? They can and do act on this if you have defaulted and valid default notices have been issued. If they haven't there is a reason why they haven't.

I repeat, they don't need to personally visit unless they want you to sign something or to commit to something by making an undertaking that requires your signature. If they haven't taken any action previously than I seriously suggest that you post ASAP your agreement and the Bill of Sale on here with your personal details removed for others to peruse and advise accordingly.

Generally, if the Log Book is in your name, you were the possessor at the time the loan was applied for, then provided you had photo ID and confirmation of address, and the insurance certificate had matching address at the time that the Loan was taken out then, than the BOS should be valid, provided it has been registered properly in the High Court.

Whether your son was/is the owner at the time, is neither here nor there as a valid registered Bos transferred possession rights to LBL and usually the vehicle can be seized if there have been missed payments,and valid default notices have been served as detailed in the BOS.

If they haven't and you don't mention they have, then something is definitely smelling very fishy. In the first instance post the documentation for other Caggers to peruse. 2ndly I would cancel the appointment and ask them to put any offer/payment plan in writing.

LBL don't hold back 4 months to seize vehicles after defaulting unless something in their paperwork is amiss. It is not their modus operandi.

I speak from personal experience

They are not understandable to people's financial plights. They are in the business of exploiting those in financial hardship and think nothing of seizing cars after just 3 missed weekly repayments!

If they haven't acted in your case, then there is a very strong reason for their inaction and it won't be because they care about your loss of agency work, it will be for other reasons. Remember this is the same business that the OFT are determined to revoke their credit licence for the way they operate. They are only operating under appeal until July when their appeal trial is due to take place.

If they want to vist it is either because they want something or want to change something. They can't offer new loans in your home, as they can only operate on premises with a credit licence and your home, I assume does not have one?

With respect, post as much as possible of your agreement and BOS with LBL. (personal details removed first) and the CAG will assist you. It would be advisable to pass any offer by the CAG prior to committing as forewarned is always better than looking for solutions after.

As always, this is just my personal opine given with the usual caveats. But please read as much as you can on LBL on the CAG, as there is much to learn about the way this business operates.

The cause for concern that I give rise to is made with justification. It is amply demonstrated by the victims of Log Book Loans practices, that have posted on here previously. They explain the difficulties that have been orchestrated by this business in its dealings with those who have fallen in arrears with their repayments.

Edited by Hip_Hop

I've been reading the posts on lbl for a week or so and no one had mentioned that they had been visited, I had the usaul letters from lbl so i assume they are within their rights to take the car, the car isnt at my house, it never has been and the insurance my son has on it has always been from his address not mine, when he was a new driver the car logbook was put in my name so i could insure him as a named driver on my insurance but that was for the first 12 months then he insured it himself so he could get his own no claims bonus.

I have attached the paperwork I have for the loan, hopefully it's come through oksummer266_lbl0001.pdf

The pdf attachment is fine.

It appears the paperwork is fine IMHO.

LBL would normally invoke the BOS after 21 days to seize, the fact they haven't is very telling and should raise your curiosity and many on this forum.

Have you received any default notices/termination letters?

I wouldn't invite them on to your property. They can and must only correspond with you in written form.

Don't permit them to meet on your property under any circumstances. Who knows what their motives are? A fishing expedition to establish where the car is?

If you must meet, make it off property.

As you rightly point out, no one posts on the CAG that LBL have asked them to be personally invited via text etc So withdraw any invite if you have already given permission for them to visit you.

If you can fill any gaps in, in regards to default notice etc it would help those in the know to offer advice etc.

In any event, your son needs to make absolutely sure he keeps the car away from where you live, as LBL's agents will be looking for it.

Keep us posted.

Edited by Hip_Hop
typo

I think that what they will be proposing is to consolidate the old loan and to start a new one with new paperwork. This may mean added interst and charges etc

I don't believe they can do loans in the home, it has to be on premises with a credit licence?

I don't believe they can do loans in the home, it has to be on premises with a credit licence?

They probably can do the application at a residence which is the same as applying for a loan over the Internet. Loan sharks do loans at a residence adn this is legal although their practices are questionable.

They probably can do the application at a residence which is the same as applying for a loan over the Internet. Loan sharks do loans at a residence adn this is legal although their practices are questionable.

I'm only referring to Nine Regions Ltd t/a Log Book Loans. Which is why I am so dubious about their need to meet this poster at her home address.

I wasn't aware that they had a credit licence that enabled them to offer credit off site? If they have, that would be a departure to how they usually conduct their business and therefore their need to make home visits would be less of a concern?

Maybe someone in the know could give a formal opinion on whether LBL are able to offer an off credit licence premises service?

Edited by Hip_Hop

Thank you all for the responses, I think I'll cancel the visit, I'm happy to go to their office. I did get the default notice and a load more letters and a couple of emails. I am curious about the offer to visit me but I cant see why they need to come to my house. I just want to arrange to pay them, I had hoped they would agree terms on the phone, take an initial payment and confirm this in writing, it's not looking good

Thank you all for the responses, I think I'll cancel the visit, I'm happy to go to their office. I did get the default notice and a load more letters and a couple of emails. I am curious about the offer to visit me but I cant see why they need to come to my house. I just want to arrange to pay them, I had hoped they would agree terms on the phone, take an initial payment and confirm this in writing, it's not looking good
I think in the circumstances it would be wise to cancel the home visit. No doubt, they will arrange to meet you on a premises that has a credit licence, if they are looking to offer a fresh agreement?

Places like The Money Shop and Cash Converters etc, are the usual venues, as they have existing credit licences operating and keep Log Book Loans overheads to a minimum.

You will have substantial additional charges added to your existing loan arrangement as I am sure you will already know.

In the first instance see what they offer as a solution going forward. Everyone appreciates that LBL are a lender of last resort and given a choice most would opt not to use them but needs must, as the saying goes. Please consider your options and if possible, share what is on offer with the CAG, with personal details removed prior to making any decision, as others may be able to advise and assist?

Best of luck going forward but as mentioned previously avoid letting them know where the car is. This is paramount if you don't want them to seize the vehicle, sell it at auction than chase you for the residue.

I am still unclear why they haven't made more of an attempt to locate the car but obviously you have alluded them, so hopefully that will continue to be the case.....

Keep us informed

I think they havent found the car as my oldest son hasnt lived here for sometime so the car has never been here except for when he visits and I've told him not to bring it here at all while this is all going on.

I will post an update when I have spoken with them, it's the last thing on my mind when I go to bed and the first thing on my mind when I get up and after 18 months of nearly losing my house and a waste of time husband who walked out (not an excuse but by way of an explanation) leaving me with one income, kids, mortgage without any notice, this is one of my last hurdles to jump. So I'll glady set up a plan just to get some piece of mind.

I've read what they do to reposess a car and the thought of that happening to my son, makes me feel ill. I wont let them come to my home and I will post an update as soon as I have one. thanks again for the help and advice.

I think it is a very wise move. For all you know it could be a bailiff entering your home under false pretences to levy..

• 2 weeks later...

another quick update, still no contact from lbl, they wont return my calls or messages, the last text the agent sent (before missed appoinment) asked me to have ID and insurance details when he arrived, I sent a text explaining that I had my ID but as I explained the car isnt and never was insured to me, when I drove it, I drove it on my fully comp insurance, I reminded him they didnt have any insurance details when the loan was taken out, the agent text back and said try and get the insurance details of the owner but he didnt turn up and now no one will answer my calls or messages, just nothing, still worried, still want to pay back the loan

Don't panic.

There is obviously a problem that they are not letting you in on and their lack of direct seizure action is supporting this? Have they made a direct request to collect the vehicle from your property? The fact that your son has now insured the vehicle in his own name at his property should have no bearing on LBL's position to seize the vehicle.

I don't understand what you mean by they won't return your calls. They answer when you call, don't they?

You mention above, that you offered the LBL rep, the insurance certificate in your son's name when you took out the loan in your name? I am unsure what if any impacts that has on the Bill of Sale but my gut feeling is they want you to engage in a new loan arrangement as something is amiss with the existing loan? Did the original certificate in your son's name have your address or his different address?

As I have mentioned previously, usually LBL would be continually pressing for the car to be seized and offering threatening phone calls from the possession agents for the whereabouts of the car for collection, along with piling on of additional charges, whilst they continue to harangue the borrower for the vehicle. This enables them to add penalty charges in the interim.

If they are not doing this, than something or someone has messed up on their side,and something is stopping them from doing so?

Can you advise if you are getting ongoing phone calls and texts from their agents?

Don't panic.

There is obviously a problem that they are not letting you in on and their lack of direct seizure action is supporting this? Have they made a direct request to collect the vehicle from your property? The fact that your son has now insured the vehicle in his own name at his property should have no bearing on LBL's position to seize the vehicle.

I don't understand what you mean by they won't return your calls. They answer when you call, don't they?

You mention above, that you offered the LBL rep, the insurance certificate in your son's name when you took out the loan in your name? I am unsure what if any impacts that has on the Bill of Sale but my gut feeling is they want you to engage in a new loan arrangement as something is amiss with the existing loan? Did the original certificate in your son's name have your address or his different address?

As I have mentioned previously, usually LBL would be continually pressing for the car to be seized and offering threatening phone calls from the possession agents for the whereabouts of the car for collection, along with piling on of additional charges, whilst they continue to harangue the borrower for the vehicle. This enables them to add penalty charges in the interim.

If they are not doing this, than something or someone has messed up on their side,and something is stopping them from doing so?

Can you advise if you are getting ongoing phone calls and texts from their agents?

The agent that wanted to come to the house (I arranged the meeting elsewhere but he didnt turn up) said a number of times, they dont want the car, they want me to be able to keep the car and be able to mange the payments and pay the least interest possible, even hopefully lower my payments, so no, no requests for the car.

The car was only insured for a short time in my name when the car was purchased 4 years ago, it has been insured in my sons name for years and still was at the time of the loan, we didnt change the logbook cause we didnt want to add more keepers to the logbook.

The number Ive been calling (lbl collections) rings for a bit and goes on to a voicemail thing and then the woman would ring me back, I was also given the agents direct mobile, they wont answer any of my calls to these numbers or my texts anymore but before they would call me straight back.

We could find the insurance certificate when we took out the loan but lbl said it was ok if the insurance company would fax confirmation that the car was insured, which the insurance company did, my son had to authorise this from where he was as he wasnt with me when the loan was taken out.

There was no address on the details only the reference number and my sons name, I'm pretty sure even my current certificate doesnt have my address on, the policy details contain my address but not the certificate (I must check)

lbl were happy with that as i had expalined that i didnt own the car, although the logbook was in my name.

I havent had any letters, texts, calls nothing, since i left my last update but i have been calling them, should i call the usaul lbl number rather than the agent that was coming to see me or the collections department ive been calling

I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well

they've never had my sons address only my address but they did have his name but only on the insurance confirmation from the insurance company, when the agent asked me for it the other day, I explained i cant just get the insurance details as it's not my car or my insruance certificate, he just text me and said I was to try and get it but that was the last text from him and he didnt show for the appointment.

I offered them £300 straight away, then said I would resume my usaul payments if we could then agree a set amount each week on top of the usaul payments to clear the arrears but they just said they needed to see me first and thats when all this started up

I'm not sure if this helps but when i took the loan out, I took the paperwork from the original finance company (vauxhall finance) all in my sons name and confirming that the original finance had been settled on the car, the logbook which was in my name, I didnt have the insurance certificate because i didnt know they would want it. I had my drivers licence. while i was in the shop they asked for the insurance certificate, I had already explained on the phone before going to the shop that the car wasnt mine, so they were fine about the certificate but said they wanted confirmation from the insurance company that the car was insured and this was faxed over after i called my son and asked him to contact his insurance company.

I cant see what would be a miss, i was honest about the car when i took out the loan

No requests for the car? And no requests from any repossession agents?

As I keep saying, it just doesn't add up?

Fact-Your son's car is the security for the loan. The insurance document is obviously required for any new loan.

Personally I don't trust LBL to protect your interests and not just roll up all the charges accrued plus other debatable charges to roll in to another grossly exploitative loan.

So, provided your son doesn't need to sell the car, continue with your life. Whether you are 5 months or 7 months in arrears is neither here nor there in the whole scheme of things,. What is telling is that they are holding back and that is because there is a reason that is not apparent from your postings as to why that is.

.Whatever you do, don't change the log book as that would trigger their repossession agents in turning up at any new address to seize the car irrespective of their claim that they are not interested.. You have tried to make contact and they have failed to react for a reason. Usually it's because they are not looking for settlement but to simply take the car and auction it as fast as possible.

As I repeatedly say...There is a reason why this has not happened, which doesn't make any sense, whatsoever.

Maybe others can offer a rationale, but I am at a loss as to why this is.

I called the number off the payment book for lbl and explained the whole scenario to the woman who answered the phone, she put me through to repossessions and i explained the whole thing again, and asked why the collections department and the agent who was coming out were not returning my calls or texts, she said the agent i had been contacting was a third party looking to re do the loan but since I was now saying i didnt own the car, they couldnt do it. I said, no, that isnt how it went, I explained that i told lbl from the start that the car wasnt mine bla bla bla (I went through the whole thing again, insurance certificate etc etc)

The lady on the phone, to be fair was ok, she said that was the reason the thrid party couldnt go ahead but she was happy to set up a new payment agreement, which I have done, she said if i stick to that, there will be no further action, I asked if i could have that in writing and she said yes, along with the new payment agreement.

And that was it, sounds a bit to easy