H Samuel - wedding ring has broke!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We got married on 5 November 2008 and my husband's gold band broke. I have attached a link to the ring so you can see what I mean. The silver part has split away from the gold.

http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/...our+gold+ring/

We've taken the ring back to the jewellers and they sent it off for analysis. The ring has come back and it cannot be fixed and they said out of goodwill they are willing to give my husband a £90 voucher to replace the ring. The ring cost us £80 18 months ago and to replace it now it would cost £199.

I'm really upset that the ring we bought and that was blessed on our day has only lasted 18 months. Surely a wedding ring should last longer than that!! Do we have any rights to ask for a like for like. Ideally I wanted the ring we got married with to be repaired but as they cannot do that I don't think it's fair that they just fob us off with a voucher that won't get us the same ring as the price of gold has risen so much. I'm also upset that we won't get to keep our ring too.frown.gif

Data Protection Act request sent 03/08/06

Statements received 08/09/06

Prelim letter sent 12/10/06

Letter before action 27/01/07