• Tweets

• Hi, the vehicle went to Audi Chingford on Thursday 13th May. I did state beforehand that I only wanted a diagnostic. The technician out of courtesy opened the drain letting huge deposits of water escape the seals. Video evidence was provided via AUDI cam. The link for the audi cam has been forwarded to BMW and Motonovo. I spoke to branch manager explained the situation and he stated he would sent me an email outlining the issue. Audi state this is not really an issue and more of a design flaw. However, the seals still have water ingress. I purchased the vehicle with £0 deposit on a 60 months HP plan for £520.00. The vehicle total was £21000. I did not go for any extended warranty. I live almost 70 miles away from the aftersales centre in Peterborough. I have previously uploaded the document I forwarded to BMW however it was in word format. I have had to buy a new tyre almost three days after purchasing vehicle. BMW still have not compensated me for the v62 cost as they said they would. 
    • I would suggest that you stop trying to rely on legal theory – as you understand it. Firstly, because we are dealing with practical/pragmatic situations and at a low value level where these arguments tend not to work. Secondly, because you clearly have misunderstood the assessment of quantum where there are breaches of obligations. The formula that you have cited above is the method of loss calculation in torts. In contract it is entirely different. The law of obligations generally attempts to remedy the breach. This means that in tort, damages seek to put you into the position you would have been in had the breach not occurred. In other words it returns you to your starting position – point zero. Contract damages attend put you into the position that you would have been had the breach not occurred but this is not your starting position, contract damages assume that the agreement in dispute had actually been carried out. This puts you into your final position. You sold an item for £XXX. Your expectation was that you your item would be correctly delivered and that you would be the beneficiary of £XXX. Your expectation loss is the amount that you sold the item for and that is all you are entitled to recover. If you want, you can try to sue for the larger sum – and we will help you. But if they ask for evidence of the value of the item as it was sold then I can almost guarantee that either you will be obliged to settle for the lesser sum – or else a judge will give you judgement but for the lesser sum. This will put you to the position that you would have been had there been no breach of contract. I understand from you now that when you dispatch the item you declared the retail cost to you and not your expected benefit of £XXX. To claim for the retail value in the circumstances would offend the rules relating to betterment. If you want to do it then we will help you – but don't be surprised if you take a tumble.  
    • I was caught speeding 3 times in the same week, on the same road. All times were 8-12mph higher than the limit. I was offered the course for the first offense and I now need to accept the other 2 offenses. I just want to be ready for what might come. Will I get the £100 fine and 3 points for each of them or do I face something more severe?  These are my only offenses in 8 years of driving.
    • I'll get my letter drafted this evening. Its an item I sold, which I'm also concerned about, as whilst I don't have my original purchase receipt (the best I have is my credit card statement showing a purchase from Car Audio Centre), I do unfortunately have the eBay listing where I sold it for much less. But as I said before this is now a question of compensation: true compensation would seek to put me back into the position I was in before the loss ie: that title would remain with me until my buyer has accepted this, and so compensation should be that which would be needed to replace the lost item. But in the world of instant electronic payment, it could be argued that as I had already been paid, the title to the goods had already transferred, and I was required to refund the buyer after the loss. And so, despite my declared value being the retail price - that which is needed to return me to my pre-sales position, the compensatory value should be the value I sold it for, which being a second-hand item from a private seller is lower. I still believe that I should be claiming for the item's full value, rather than how much I sold it for, as this is the same for insurance: we don't insure the value we paid, but rather the value of the item to put us back into the position we would be in if we ever needed to claim. Its for the loss adjuster to argue the toss
    • amusing that 'bad economic judgement on behalf of prior party ISN'T a major reason to wingers to move to deform yet immigration is, where record levels of such has been driven by the right wings terrible brexit and the later incompetent dog whistle 'proposals largely driven to whistle to the right wingnuts Just seems to confirm the are clueless numpties 'wetting their own shoes   Has farage bought a property in Clacton yet?   yet concern for the NHS is listed as a major issue even by those saying they are moving to deform  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

go locate fuel

alandted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good luck to anyone who is still awaiting settlement of their claims.

If you formally cancel a distance contract, that settles the claim. From there on it is "money recoverable by statute" so it should be that much easier, with all suspicion of fraud eliminated.

The worry is when it is recommended to seek a charge-back because of goods not as described or not delivered. Where there is indeed a claim to settle it is not the job of a bank or credit card company to judge.

I tried to charge-back on one occasion and found that there were so many hoops to jump through that it was easier to go back to argue with the seller, and so it should be.

:-)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have at last received my £780 in full refund to my card account, paid back on 1st Feb. I was contacted by Flame TV (Dom Littlewood - Don't get done get Dom) who said they were going to contact GoLocate. I don't know if this happened but something finally shook these inept or very clever operators into action in my case. They had my £780 for 13 weeks (since 4th Nov) and even a conservative calculation of this happening for just 200 customers would give them a potential bank balance of £150k of other peoples money. If they continue to take payments and make long overdue refunds this would net a reasonable weekly income at 4% interest. It's almost like a pyramid selling set up but with ony Golocate getting a profit. As I say, possibly very clever but with a bitter taste for all those caught out by their un-delivered web site promises. My advice to anyone still owed money is not to waste time and effort taking legal action but to contact your bank and the heavyweights in the media. It worked for me.

Fredandles.

Hi Fred,

Good result and thanks for the update.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Has anyone else tried to buy heating oil through go locate fuel.co.uk please? I have paid for my fuel over three weeks ago, and as I ordered through the 'Economy' delivery option, I keep getting fobbed off unless I upgrade to Priorty delivery.

Their site advises that they delivery will be made within 14 working days. We are now at the end of day 16 and they have not offered me a delivery (unless I upgrade, funny how money talks!)

I have been offered a refund, but this will take 10 working days (even though it left my account the second I ordered it)

However, I now have no fuel left, so my 8 year old and I have no heating or hot water, and no money to buy more until I get the refund.

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.......

hi,

I ordered oil in december and then cancellled in January as no date was ever given and also still awaiting a refund. I've had no response to emails and no answer on the phone..:-x Has anyone been given a refund and if so how long did you have to wait?

Hi Jockandali and welcome to CAG.

It's worth reading this thread through from start to finish.

You'll find many cases where refunds have been made, some where oil has ACTUALLY been delivered, and many where banks have made a reverse transaction to refund their customers.

It's all here for you to read.

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi i am in the same situation. Ordered my oil in December, spoke to Liz being of Jan and the supplier could deliver within my time slot. So i was able to cancel my order and get a full refund. i was silly enough to pay on debit card to keep cost down. I havent heard any thing from the company and no refund. Now when i ring them or email them i am getting no responce. Any ideas?

Hi Dupessdog and welcome to CAG.

If you read this thread through from the beginning, you'll see various ways you can pursue this matter including:-

1. Complain to your bank's fraud dep't and seek an immediate reverse of the debit card transaction. Tell the bank about this thread so they know how many consumers feel they're being conned.

2. Give GoLocateFuel 7 days by letter (Recorded Delivery) to refund or you'll complain to the police, to Dominic Littlewood (Don't Get Done, Get Dom TV prog) and BBC's Watchdog.

3. Complain to Consumer Direct.

Read the thread through and decide which option(s) to take.

8-)

Have just registered with CGA so that I can add to the catalogue of disasters posted here re Golocate. Ordered and paid for fuel 15 November 2010 - numerous emails and 'phonecalls later I decided to cancel the order on February 4th 2011 in accordance with their statement ".....your offer to purchase these items is not legally accepted until we send you an email notifying you that the order has been despatched to you." - which they've never done. Nothing heard from them by 9th Feb so contacted Trading Standards who advised me to write recorded delivery giving specific details and a specific date by which they must reply with a refund, which I did, but I dont expect to hear from them. The next step would be the small claims court, and I really dont want that hassle. I spoke to my credit card company this morning who are now taking this up, and it looks as if I shall get my money back but probably not for another 30 days. I agree that some organisation with a higher and more public profile should be informed, and I'll be glad to add my story. I'm furious!!!!

Hi Emmeliz and welcome to CAG

Take the time to read through the whole thread to see if there's any advice or experience that will help you.

Take one or several courses of action to see that you get your money back asap.

At least, if you you paid by credit card, you should be assured of a refund one way or another.

8)

Just to add to this - I ordered and paid almost £500 on 3rd Dec last year and despite numerous e-mails with Ben, I still haven't had my delivery. Now when I try to contact them there's no reply to e-mails and no one picks up their phone. I even sent a recorded delivery letter to cancel the order however, when I checked with the Post Office, they were unable to deliver as there was no one to sign for the letter!!

What a [problem]? I have been in touch with my card people but as it was a debit card transaction, they don't guarantee getting my money back. It will take weeks to see what will transpire.

Don't order with golocatefuel as they don't go and locate anything.

Frottles

So sorry to hear your experience - I hope your bank can help you get your money back. I never bothered with a credit card for years until I realised it was a bit safer, and I'm hoping that this is the case. It may be worthwhile contacting your local Trading Standards Office - they were extremely helpful to me, plus they apparently log all these complaints and will build up a file of this company. I also contacted Consumer Direct (Gov. department) who even sent a template of a letter to send, plus other useful information.

I read through all of the above posts to see what other people have done - really useful.

I hope we all get the result we should, and I hope that Go Locate get what they deserve!

Best of luck

Emmeliz

I ordered mine on January 23rd and I am still awaiting delivery 14th Feb. The first email confirmed that my order was sent to the supplier week ending 30th of January and was advised the delivery would be 5-10 days.

Still not arrived and having emailed and telephoned again but with no luck I am considering speaking to trading standards. This is disgusting service and like others, we have children who have no heating or hot water available to them, plus we have no money to go to another company having paid it already to Go Locate. Most definately NEVER use this company again. VERY VERY POOR!

Hi Frottles and Jmsboundary too. Welcome, both, to CAG

Read right through this thread to see what others have done to get their money back.

If you paid by Credit Card, you'll get your money back by a s.75 claim.

If you paid by Debit Card, chase your bank for a reverse transaction based on possible fraud.

Refer the bank's Fraud Dep't of this thread, as well as complaining to Consumer Direct/Trading Standards.

8)

LOTS OF INFO ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND HOW TO GET A REFUND

I am afraid these people seem to be out of business - but there is a light at the end of the tunnel - read on for more.

www thisislancashire co.uk/news/4662608.Tenant_deal_sparks_hope_for_Rawtenstall_business_park/

- Registered business number: 05548961

I have spoken to the following people:

Home Fuels Direct they were a supplier but haven't heard from go locate fuel in two weeks so believe they are out of business.

They had/have a revenue of £6.7m (type in 'Global Technologies Ltd Rawtenstall business park' into google to see this file - provided on 'WhatDoTheyKnow' website).

The agency that manages the address they advertise on their web site is ....but they do not have go locate listed as a client. This agency have been contacted by quite a few people looking for go locate. They are registered in this building as Global Technologies and the agents believe that they may well have left.

Their website was built by ...... I've contacted them to try and get the site taken down and someone in accounts is trying to contact them. If they get no response then they will be (hopefully) closing the site.

Oh - and I have contacted my bank (HSBC) who have totally awesome!!! They are temporarily repaying the money to me, then chasing go locate fuels bank for the money. if go locate can't prove I had the oil then they have to pay HSBC back! How cool is that?

HSBC have stated that if his bank can't prove (via go locate) that i got my fuel then the bank have no option to give the money back.

Debit card users can still claim money back!

You may not know that visa debit card users can still claim an unlimited sum as long as they claim within 120 days. Call your bank. Here's what it states on the 'this is money' website:

'Visa debit cards offer better protection than Maestro cards as Visa uses a 'debit chargeback' scheme, offering similar protections to the Act: you can claim money back if your goods are lost or damaged or the service was not delivered, up to a limitless amount. However, you must make a claim within 120 days of the date the goods were supposed to be delivered or the company going bust'.

Edited by pgoundry

Just adding my voice here - feeling really stupid as we didn't check out the details of this company before going ahead and ordering - and parting with hard cash on a debit card, sadly, not a credit card. Motto: if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is. We have contacted our bank and Trading Standards but are not hopeful, having read this forum sadly too late. Is there nothing that can be done to close a company like this down, given the mass of complaints?

Just adding my voice here - feeling really stupid as we didn't check out the details of this company before going ahead and ordering - and parting with hard cash on a debit card, sadly, not a credit card. Motto: if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is. We have contacted our bank and Trading Standards but are not hopeful, having read this forum sadly too late. Is there nothing that can be done to close a company like this down, given the mass of complaints?

Debit card users can still claim money back!

You may not know that visa debit card users can still claim an unlimited sum as long as they claim within 120 days. Call your bank. Here's what it states on the 'this is money' website:

'Visa debit cards offer better protection than Maestro cards as Visa uses a 'debit chargeback' scheme, offering similar protections to the Act: you can claim money back if your goods are lost or damaged or the service was not delivered, up to a limitless amount. However, you must make a claim within 120 days of the date the goods were supposed to be delivered or the company going bust'.

Hello,

I am new to CAG and interested in GLF and any other consumer heating oil issues. I am the editor at heating-oil.blogs-uk.co.uk (non commercial heating oil consumer site) and have been following GLF since November 2010 when it all kicked off. I am looking into the actual supply chain and interested to hear from anyone who actually got a delivery and the name of the final supplier.

We know the connection between GLF and HFD what we do not know is who HFD used for supply. Thus far we understand that W ats on and T B utt ler have been used but does anyone have a delivery slip confirming the supplier.

This is not a witch hunt but we are interested to get official statements from those suppliers and how they vet new commercial customers.

We suspect that there will be more websites popping up so want to expose this sooner rather than later. We calculate that given circa 1.5 million consumers that just 0.001% falling for a [problem] would generate an income, in 10 days, of around £1million. However, smarter villains will deliver some oil, probably at a loss to be cheapest, before just stealing your money.

Please reply with any useful info.

Charles

Edited by slick132
Offer for PM's removed. Please keep stuff on-thread.

Hello, Another victim here, so angry i feel like hunting christopher turner down! Paid £315 onthe 22nd jan for express delivery & am compiling a dossier at the mo. There website is holds a ssl certificate so i checked ssl out which is a global data certification authority who guarantees that any individual/company that hold this certificate has been through a stringent authentication process. Surely these companys which we trust with our financial details should be held some what accountable as there have been fraudulent claims against gl for months now. Paid by debit card so will quote the relevant things to halifax & pray that they do a charge back to my visa debit. What scary is given time the'll probably be more scams going on & now when i see a secure site i wont trust it!

Hi Charles and welcome to CAG

I've sent you a PM about contacting Site Admin.

If you go back through the thread, you'll find instances of actual delivery but they are rare.

8-)

Hi LobsterITP and welcome to CAG

Best to contact your bank immediately and see if they'll reverse the transaction.

8-)

Hi,thanks,

Just realised the first thing i did was speak to my bank and they cancelled my card telling me to wait 31 days b4 going ahead with the fraud claim, just hoping they can still do charge back after the card was cancelled? I'm literally going to send the bank all the info i have through the post asking them to follow it up. Want them named & shamed publically for sure! including all the people that worked there knowingly stealing our cash! Been a real help on this site,shame i didnt see it before i let them take my money.

Edited by slick132
please avoid defamatory comments, as per site rules. Thanks

In my dealings with the bank re card fraud, they suggested I contact actionfraud.co.uk which is a government web site which will highlight this as a potential crime and they can take further action. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to complete the online forms but you can call them if you'd prefer.

Rgds

Hi frottles,

Thanks for your advice, spoke to action fraud & glad i did as they have given me a crime number which i can pass to my bank without having to wait 31 days after transaction for a debit chargeback. Also it might actually help catch these people. So thanks again!

Edited by slick132
Defamatory remarks cannot be used - it puts the whole Site at risk

i have also been [problem]med out of my hard earned cash by these people. I have th address for the company and know that the owner is mr christopher turner. i have one email address which ben@golocate fuel.co.uk and the only phone number i have is the one on the web page does anybody knw of any other contat information that maybe of any use please suprisingly all my emails and phone calls are being ignored. any help please.

Edited by slick132
Defamatory remarks cannot be used - they put our Site at risk