Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,


I have set up a D/D to pay my Council Tax arrears, however I got a letter in the post from the bailiffs demanding full payment.

When I did a means test form it worked out I could afford to pay £20 a month,but this was rejected out of hand by the council because the size of the bill (£700) so they said a minimum of £50 a month, so I set up the D/D.

However I missed the 1st D/D because there was not enough money in my account, but it went out a short while later,I have tried to ring the bailiffs on numerous occasions but they have not answered.

But here is the main stumbling block my house was repossessed and we moved back up country to my in-laws, and all the mail goes to my in-laws, but we have since found a nice rented place, but we don't want the bailiffs calling round to our rented place because my landlord lives next door and he would kick us out if they came calling.

Where do I stand with all this, Guys I need help, letter templates etc.


Time is ticking.




Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to me that the whole 'plan' hinges on whether your in-laws are of the temperament to stand thier ground and laugh off threats of taking their property for your debt. If they are, then combined with the fact that you are paying the debt off, and the distance you've put between you, things should go to plan.


You need to make sure you:


1) Do not appear on the electoral role.

2) Use another name on utility bills, or if you don't like that idea 'accidentally' miss-spell your name (with at least two letters wrong).

3) Keep your other post (especially bank / financial related stuff) to your in-laws.

4) Do not fill in ANY online forms with your correct details or use your credit card for mail order.


All of the above either share data either illegitimately or through GAIN. I guess they are not supposed to use it for council tax, but 'not supposed to' counts for NOTHING with bailiffs.


EDIT - I always use a miss spelled version of my name on ANY form / online form (other than where it would be fraudulent e.g. banks, credit cards applications) for security reasons. Despite the fact that these data gatherers promise not to share your information, it is ALWAYS the miss spelled version that appears on unsolicited advances. Basicly, they DO sell your info. If that weren't proof enough, i used to know a salesman from a reputable national firm who met 'people' in pubs and received up to £1000 a time for disks with 'marketing data' i.e yours and my names / income etc.


Don't trust any of them. Even if you are not hiding.

Edited by Thegreenpimpernel
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers for the info,


However my In-Laws are more than likely to tell them our new address so they won't have to deal with it anymore, also they are livivng in rented accomodation and they have nothing to rub together.

So should I just get them to mark any mail "Not Known At This Address"

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...