Jump to content

Help please


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi - This is absolutely the wrong please to post this (so sorry), but i don't know where else to ask for help. CAG has proven so helpful over the past couple of years, i'm hoping that you all can help this time.

I am currently helping my brother who lives over seas transfer residency of my niece from my mother to my brother (her father, all parties are in agreement - exept the mother). My niece has had no contact with her mother for nearly 10 years, but to ensure we followed the correct process we went to court to request that she is allowed to leave uk jurisdiction. We were advised at the time by a lawyer that we wouldn't need legal help and that a simple form submitted etc would suffice. How wrong that was. The mother's solicitors are dragging everything out, not turning up to court, late letters etc and they are now unable to meet the conditions laid down by the court regarding medical / psychiatric reviews (to make sure the mother is fit to make any decisions). Anyway, much of that is irrelevant, I’m after any suggestions of sites similar to this for legal help but for family law etc, what our rights are in court, what can and can't the mothers solicitor get away with (cos we don't know what to challenge etc). We've asked for legal aid, but it seems my mother is not entitled......

Sorry for waffling on so much, but some direction would be really helpful - at a total loss currently.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...