emboli

Help please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3588 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi - This is absolutely the wrong please to post this (so sorry), but i don't know where else to ask for help. CAG has proven so helpful over the past couple of years, i'm hoping that you all can help this time.

I am currently helping my brother who lives over seas transfer residency of my niece from my mother to my brother (her father, all parties are in agreement - exept the mother). My niece has had no contact with her mother for nearly 10 years, but to ensure we followed the correct process we went to court to request that she is allowed to leave uk jurisdiction. We were advised at the time by a lawyer that we wouldn't need legal help and that a simple form submitted etc would suffice. How wrong that was. The mother's solicitors are dragging everything out, not turning up to court, late letters etc and they are now unable to meet the conditions laid down by the court regarding medical / psychiatric reviews (to make sure the mother is fit to make any decisions). Anyway, much of that is irrelevant, I’m after any suggestions of sites similar to this for legal help but for family law etc, what our rights are in court, what can and can't the mothers solicitor get away with (cos we don't know what to challenge etc). We've asked for legal aid, but it seems my mother is not entitled......

Sorry for waffling on so much, but some direction would be really helpful - at a total loss currently.

may i ask what country is this

is it part of the EU MEMBER STATES

Forgot to say - my neice is in the UK and is looking to move to Australia

Ill pass then

my area is eu law and member states

good luck